Author Topic: Dumbest rap purchases you ever made at the record store  (Read 75 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Dumbest rap purchases you ever made at the record store
« on: May 13, 2022, 12:38:28 AM »
I bought Ja Rule when “Holler” came out.  That was when I was still in the habit from the Death Row era of buying whatever artist was the biggest one at the time and Def Jam had great marketing and I actually thought Ja Rule was next and the song was hype so I bought it and only listened to it for one day before I returned it for 4 dollars at a used store.  It’s embarrassing to think about now but Def Jam got to me with their great marketing.  I had to stop buying “Best Sellers” and get out of the habit of buying what was at the front of the store.

Bought Dre’s unauthorized Concrete Roots album because I wanted to hear more Dre stuff like the Chronic and didn’t even know a few isles over I could of bought Efil4Zaggin—which had Dre all over it and not far off from his Chronic style.  Aside from all the Ren, was damn near a Dre solo cause Cube was gone, Yella doesn’t rap, and they just use Eazy in key spots (kind of like Snoop on Chronic).

Stole a Kriss Kross greatest hits album from Best Buy and got arrested when I was a freshman in highschool.  Tore up the whole case and discarded it in the bathroom stall and slipped the disc only in my jacket but guess what was in my pocket?  That little black censor sticker Id somehow placed it in my pocket.  The security made fun of me like “don’t you hate when you forget to discard the censor sticker”.  I was on my way to becoming a successful thief before that happened.  I stopped after that but I used to love the rush and challenge of it.  One of my more successful hits was getting behind the counter at gas stations to grab tabacco—getting arrested put an early end to that phase that only lasted a few months.

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)