Author Topic: RAS KASS EXPLAINS HIS 20 YEAR BEEF WIT ALCHEMIST  (Read 462 times)

Sccit

RAS KASS EXPLAINS HIS 20 YEAR BEEF WIT ALCHEMIST
« on: May 15, 2022, 11:50:33 PM »

The following users thanked this post: Okka

soopa-man

Re: RAS KASS EXPLAINS HIS 20 YEAR BEEF WIT ALCHEMIST
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2022, 11:04:38 PM »
Damn he did have that Home Sweet Home on vinyl pressed too, happy I got a copy, you can still find it in places.  I thought Al did the Root of evil beat with Kokane on it too for the Van Gogh album. There was another beat too I can’t remember but I know the three he was talking about were leaked around that time.  Crazy that they still don’t get a long.

Makes sense though cuz Capitol paid Dre and Preemo, Hitek and Scott Storch after Van Gogh why wouldn’t they pay Al then?

Rick Rock had the first single and video, and that album never dropped he promoted it. It got rated in XXL abs the source.

I was checking everyday for it.  The the Goldyn Chyld fiasco happened.

Okka

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2022, 02:42:49 AM »
Ras and The Alchemist have worked after this a few times. I doubt they beefin' like the title of the thread suggests.

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2022, 07:09:40 AM »
Ras and The Alchemist have worked after this a few times. I doubt they beefin' like the title of the thread suggests.

did u watch the video?

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2022, 07:57:23 AM »
Need to watch the video but Ras always complaining he didn’t get treated right in the industry.  Both songs were good, the jadakiss one was dope and Ras version was dope—the good ol days man that shit was fire all around alchemist was really in the zone then and Jada was making some moves as well, Ras 3rd LP was highly anticipated still mad Van Gogh didn’t come out like it should of

…but the push Ras got on his first two albums I thought was fair
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Okka

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2022, 11:11:00 AM »

did u watch the video?

I'm watchin' it right now. I forgot Alc spoke on this too not long ago and he still has a different version of what happened.

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2022, 12:06:08 PM »
I'm watchin' it right now. I forgot Alc spoke on this too not long ago and he still has a different version of what happened.

so now you see that there’s clearly a beef there lol

remember ras dropped the diss track when it happened.. sounds like they never ironed out their differences.

The following users thanked this post: Okka

Okka

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2022, 02:43:31 AM »
so now you see that there’s clearly a beef there lol

remember ras dropped the diss track when it happened.. sounds like they never ironed out their differences.

True. Alchemist had a beat on "Eat Or Die" & "A.D.I.D.A.S." though. Hopefully they can work it out though.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2022, 03:05:39 AM »

Somehow I think Alchemist version of the story is probably more accurate.

It’s like a lady that says all men are bad and all men are evil and men mistreated her but the same thing keeps happening to her in every relationship she’s in.

Hell, I could even make this political, I don’t even agree with those people who say all politicians are evil.

Because everything in life is on a spectrum.  The only reason we have the word “light” is because we have the word “dark”. The word “dark” means nothing without the word “light”.  So to say all politicians are evil means nothing.  You have to rephrase that statement to make it accurate—POLITICS is evil, or say GOVT is evil.  Because if every politician is automatically evil then the only way that works philosophically is if the political game itself is evil and therefore anyone who maintains themself in govt is evil.

Now let’s take that back to Rass Kass.  This dude is always crying foul about the record industry.  So at some point doesn’t he have to look in the mirror?  And I think the truth is that bottom line the guy was a great lyricist—who received excellent support from the industry in the making and promotion of his first two albums.  How can you argue that when your lead single has Dre and Mack 10 on it and is the sequel of “Been There Done That” and supposedly your label did you dirty??  He had ads in all the major mags, professionally made videos on BET.

Bottom line it’s only headz who care about lyricism and the guy didn’t have the star quality and mainstream appeal to ever get beyond the headz.  And most you could sell is 300,000 if only headz is buying your album you won’t even go gold.  Fucc, look at Daz..West Coast headz are crazy for RRGB, he may not be a lyricist like Ras but he had lyricist like Kurupt all over the album and if you combine his production talents that album was 5 mic quality—that shit only sold 300,000.

Look, we love Dog Food and consider it an all-time great album, but the only reason the mainstream bought that album and sent it to platinum status was because they were riding the coat tails of Snoops star power.  Nobody was bigger than Snoop in those days—artists like Daz, Kurupt, Ras Kass—never could crack the mainstream audience.

The following users thanked this post: D-TalkX

abusive

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2022, 08:04:17 AM »
Need to watch the video but Ras always complaining he didn’t get treated right in the industry.  Both songs were good, the jadakiss one was dope and Ras version was dope—the good ol days man that shit was fire all around alchemist was really in the zone then and Jada was making some moves as well, Ras 3rd LP was highly anticipated still mad Van Gogh didn’t come out like it should of

…but the push Ras got on his first two albums I thought was fair
He definitely got done dirty. All the artist who were on that nwo/freemasonry/illuminati wave back then paid the price.  (Unlike Tupac who was presented with Behold a Pale Horse and similar subject matter while in prison but chose to scoff at it. I digress...) Especially Ras because he threatened the Pope. Keep in mind that was at a time where Clinton was in office. The same Clinton who put pressure on William Cooper, which ultimately got him chipped.. In reality Cooper's the one who inspired that lane that rappers like Ras were in so they were viewed as dangerous just like Cooper.  Ras also fought for his musical rights which the industry hates.
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2022, 08:20:07 AM »
True. Alchemist had a beat on "Eat Or Die" & "A.D.I.D.A.S." though. Hopefully they can work it out though.

that don’t mean much .. ras people probably just bought an alchemist beat n gave it to him

but yea, it would be dope if they squashed it and worked together again

ras never lost it lyrically he just hasn’t had the best beat selection .. but we have a joint wit him on the new rbx album and it’s crazy

The following users thanked this post: Okka, D-TalkX

Okka

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2022, 02:33:34 AM »

that don’t mean much .. ras people probably just bought an alchemist beat n gave it to him

but yea, it would be dope if they squashed it and worked together again

ras never lost it lyrically he just hasn’t had the best beat selection .. but we have a joint wit him on the new rbx album and it’s crazy

Yeah, you right. Alc basically owed him those beats.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2022, 12:34:37 PM »
He definitely got done dirty. All the artist who were on that nwo/freemasonry/illuminati wave back then paid the price.  (Unlike Tupac who was presented with Behold a Pale Horse and similar subject matter while in prison but chose to scoff at it. I digress...) Especially Ras because he threatened the Pope. Keep in mind that was at a time where Clinton was in office. The same Clinton who put pressure on William Cooper, which ultimately got him chipped.. In reality Cooper's the one who inspired that lane that rappers like Ras were in so they were viewed as dangerous just like Cooper.  Ras also fought for his musical rights which the industry hates.

Behold the Pale Horse is bullshit

abusive

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2022, 01:51:19 PM »
Behold the Pale Horse is bullshit
Some aspects of it. The alien stuff.
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2022, 12:38:30 AM »
Some aspects of it. The alien stuff.

yeah he definitely wasn't a flat earther at the time he wrote the book.  So for somebody so knowledgeable about conspiracies he sure missed a big one.  Not only that he's complicated things for the future for when the govt decides to claim a meteorite is going to hit the earth or that Aliens are going to invade