Author Topic: Eminem - The King and I (ft. CeeLo GREEN) (prod by. Dr. Dre)  (Read 1160 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Eminem - The King and I (ft. CeeLo GREEN) (prod by. Dr. Dre)
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2022, 09:04:18 PM »
Meh 😑

Two devil worshippers take time out from their Cult to do a track together.  Maybe Jimmy asked them to do it.  Wasn’t impressed with their super bowl appearance, their GTA track (pushing Coward-19 cult agenda) and not impressed with this either.  Only good moment of Super Bowl was when Dre used PAC’s legacy on piano (and remember one of PAC’s last move before dying was doing “Toss it Up” video dissin Dre).  Dre want to throw up the devil horns I ain’t fuccin with Covid era Dre.  He needs to talk to his boy Busta Rhymes to straighten him out
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 09:09:49 PM by Infinite Trapped in 1996 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

The following users thanked this post: Matty

soopa-man

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2022, 09:33:12 PM »
Meh 😑

Two devil worshippers take time out from their Cult to do a track together.  Maybe Jimmy asked them to do it.  Wasn’t impressed with their super bowl appearance, their GTA track (pushing Coward-19 cult agenda) and not impressed with this either.  Only good moment of Super Bowl was when Dre used PAC’s legacy on piano (and remember one of PAC’s last move before dying was doing “Toss it Up” video dissin Dre).  Dre want to throw up the devil horns I ain’t fuccin with Covid era Dre.  He needs to talk to his boy Busta Rhymes to straighten him out

Slightly Agree, The contract EP was sadly a sleepy amount of tracks, aside from Nipseys hook and performance not not nothing bad replay value there.  The production and sound sadly was the worst part.  Even the ETA track I don’t really fuck with too much. 

Em hasn’t really kept my attention for a full album since The Eminem Show, he has three solid ass albums and the Shady/G-Unit run was amazing to me too.  But damn it’s like you can tell you they are not even trying anymore.

abusive

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2022, 04:45:28 AM »
He needs to talk to his boy Busta Rhymes to straighten him out
IDK about that one...
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2022, 08:35:57 AM »
Slightly Agree, The contract EP was sadly a sleepy amount of tracks, aside from Nipseys hook and performance not not nothing bad replay value there.  The production and sound sadly was the worst part.  Even the ETA track I don’t really fuck with too much. 

Em hasn’t really kept my attention for a full album since The Eminem Show, he has three solid ass albums and the Shady/G-Unit run was amazing to me too.  But damn it’s like you can tell you they are not even trying anymore.

Agreed, and it’s a rare and welcome sight to have anyone agree with me these days.

…on the other hand Em released that deluxe version of the Eminem Show and the “Bump Heads” track took me back to a good era when pretty much everything Em did was dope and they were actually talking about something real and relevant and that made sense—a lot of good music came out of the Ja beef.  Even Yayo sounds better on the track than anything on GTA or coming from Eminem last few years

Suga Foot

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2022, 01:47:11 PM »
The song sounds good mixing and mastering wise, but I'm not feeling it at all.  The elvis guitar riff sounds corny.  A lot of people say Elvis 'stole' or was heavily influenced by African American blues and rock & roll.  And back when Eminem was a new artist, people were saying the same thing about him and hip hop.  This song could have been more interesting if Eminem addressed that.  Like on "Witout me", “I am the worst thing since Elvis Presley to use Black music so selfishly.”

This could have been a cool song, but it's just boring.  It sounds like they were offered a lot of money, and took the gig. 

The following users thanked this post: Okka

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2022, 10:43:11 PM »
The song sounds good mixing and mastering wise, but I'm not feeling it at all.  The elvis guitar riff sounds corny.  A lot of people say Elvis 'stole' or was heavily influenced by African American blues and rock & roll.  And back when Eminem was a new artist, people were saying the same thing about him and hip hop.  This song could have been more interesting if Eminem addressed that.  Like on "Witout me", “I am the worst thing since Elvis Presley to use Black music so selfishly.”

This could have been a cool song, but it's just boring.  It sounds like they were offered a lot of money, and took the gig.

he did tho

doesn’t he have some lines about them both cakin off black music in this song? or did u mean make the whole song about it??

tempo2

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2022, 02:23:03 AM »
The Eminem Show deluxe is an outstanding album, its great that "stimulate" has got on a studio album after all of these years, I dont understand how it was missed off the initial standard album 

abusive

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2022, 08:28:36 AM »
The Eminem Show deluxe is an outstanding album, its great that "stimulate" has got on a studio album after all of these years, I dont understand how it was missed off the initial standard album
I'm going to give it a listen. What's new on it?
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

tempo2

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2022, 12:59:47 PM »
I'm going to give it a listen. What's new on it?

The three studio tracks that are added are stimulate, bump heads and jimmy mike and bryan, all obviously recorded during them sessions although I believe bump heads made it on a G-unit radio mixtape I believe. A cleaned up version of the conspiracy freestyle is on there as well although this sounds like a studio track. Quite a few instrumentals and live freestyles also added.

I really believe stimulate is one of his best tracks, don't understand how that failed the cut because it fitted on that albums artistic style and direction no problem, so well produced that album from top to bottom and definitely his magnum opus. It never really got its due as a concept album "the eminem show" and that went over peoples heads a little but it certainly was.

I think a few tracks from these sessions ultimately made it on to the 8 mile soundtrack particularly D12 rap game, but I think the inclusion of "when the music stops" pushed it to another album.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 01:09:33 PM by tempo2 »

The following users thanked this post: abusive

Jay_J

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2022, 01:18:39 PM »
The three studio tracks that are added are stimulate, bump heads and jimmy mike and bryan, all obviously recorded during them sessions although I believe bump heads made it on a G-unit radio mixtape I believe. A cleaned up version of the conspiracy freestyle is on there as well although this sounds like a studio track. Quite a few instrumentals and live freestyles also added.

I really believe stimulate is one of his best tracks, don't understand how that failed the cut because it fitted on that albums artistic style and direction no problem, so well produced that album from top to bottom and definitely his magnum opus. It never really got its due as a concept album "the eminem show" and that went over peoples heads a little but it certainly was.

I think a few tracks from these sessions ultimately made it on to the 8 mile soundtrack particularly D12 rap game, but I think the inclusion of "when the music stops" pushed it to another album.

which track would you replace Stimulate with if was up to you? i also think Stimulate is a good song but it still need to be produced. Still sounds like a pre version or demo.

The following users thanked this post: tempo2

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2022, 01:25:34 PM »

No, it was "Say Goodbye to Hollywood" that pushed "Stimulate" off the album.  There was an early leak of Eminem Show that contained only the hook to each song, and that original leak had "Stimulate" in place of "Say Goodbye to Hollywood".. and "Say Goodbye To Hollywood" was a fitting track to be the last joint recorded for the album. 

"When the Music Stops" was going to be on the album regardless because D12 was still a working group at the time and there is no way he was going to put out his whole album without a D12 track.

The following users thanked this post: tempo2

tempo2

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2022, 01:35:30 PM »
No, it was "Say Goodbye to Hollywood" that pushed "Stimulate" off the album.  There was an early leak of Eminem Show that contained only the hook to each song, and that original leak had "Stimulate" in place of "Say Goodbye to Hollywood".. and "Say Goodbye To Hollywood" was a fitting track to be the last joint recorded for the album. 

"When the Music Stops" was going to be on the album regardless because D12 was still a working group at the time and there is no way he was going to put out his whole album without a D12 track.

That's interesting about how stimulate was on there and was pushed off by say goodbye to hollywood. But my point still stands with regards to only one D12 song being on the album and not two. I would of kept both stimulate and say goodbye to hollywood on the album, I would of taken off my dads gone crazy or Hailies song.

tempo2

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2022, 01:39:38 PM »
which track would you replace Stimulate with if was up to you? i also think Stimulate is a good song but it still need to be produced. Still sounds like a pre version or demo.

Its difficult to say but to me "without me" is by far the worst song on the album along with "drips" but one was the lead single and the other was to promote his artist, both of them didn't fit the concept of the album artistically really. I would of taken "my dads gone crazy" off the album I think in hindsight. I think stimulate is the finished product but I agree with you the mixing has a weird sonic sound to it but thats in keeping with a few songs on the album which have a similar "rock" feel.

can anybody shed any light on who produced stimulate?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 01:50:32 PM by tempo2 »

Sccit

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2022, 02:15:26 PM »

stimulate was already out on some bonus disc.. i forget which album, but the only new track was the jimmy mike n brian joint

stimulate is classic em tho. i disagree about it bein “under produced”

Sccit

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2022, 02:16:45 PM »
Its difficult to say but to me "without me" is by far the worst song on the album along with "drips" but one was the lead single and the other was to promote his artist, both of them didn't fit the concept of the album artistically really. I would of taken "my dads gone crazy" off the album I think in hindsight. I think stimulate is the finished product but I agree with you the mixing has a weird sonic sound to it but thats in keeping with a few songs on the album which have a similar "rock" feel.

can anybody shed any light on who produced stimulate?

iirc it was eminem