Author Topic: A.O.G.F (COLD 187UM & KOKANE) - WE HAVE RETURNED (Official Discussion)  (Read 1720 times)

thegooddoc

Re: A.O.G.F (COLD 187UM & KOKANE) - WE HAVE RETURNED (New Album 6/17)
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2022, 08:00:16 PM »
That snippet sounds nice.  It would be great if Kokane and Cold 187um put out some Funk Upon a Rhyme type of shit. 

astra4322

Re: A.O.G.F (COLD 187UM & KOKANE) - WE HAVE RETURNED (New Album 6/17)
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2022, 09:06:20 PM »
Single on friday - not an album.

heisenberg

CDs pre-order are up, 60$ thanks but no thanks.

The following users thanked this post: funkstylz

escowino

And $300 for the vinyl! Who the fuck is gonna pay $300 for that. Damn, I guess if you're a fan and want this they are only catering to rich people. smh.

astra4322

Single is out? Can’t find it?

h2k4

I get that this is their art and can charge what ever they want for it but they are way past their prime to be charging that much for an album. Perhaps they have international fans who will pay that much...

It probably won't be mixed well either.

Sccit

nobody buys music

making music is literally a non-profit job if you’re not with a major label or touring like crazy nowadays

can u blame them?

we droppin fatlip album at $20 let’s see how many of y’all complaining bout price tags actually support us at a reasonable price

h2k4

nobody buys music

making music is literally a non-profit job if you’re not with a major label or touring like crazy nowadays

can u blame them?

we droppin fatlip album at $20 let’s see how many of y’all complaining bout price tags actually support us at a reasonable price

Seems like there are several factors that would have to be considered, no?

If you're established and independent, selling cd's, vinyl, or digital mp3's probably yield higher profit than on a major.
Similar for new artists but far more work has to be completed to get their name out. A significant amount of small venue touring.

Paying $20-$30 is a hell of a lot more reasonable (new/OG) to pay for music compared to what Kokane and Mount Westmore are doing. Even if MW decides to do a regular release later down the road, this has completely turned me off from their group.

doggfather

10-12$ is a reasonable price...

If its 20 than ok i buy it.
But more?! That is hustlin.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sccit

10-12$ is a reasonable price...

If its 20 than ok i buy it.
But more?! That is hustlin.

selling cds for $10-$12 nowadays is not reasonable to the seller. it’s selling at a loss. prices on everything have gone up, including the cost to press.

Sccit

Seems like there are several factors that would have to be considered, no?

If you're established and independent, selling cd's, vinyl, or digital mp3's probably yield higher profit than on a major.
Similar for new artists but far more work has to be completed to get their name out. A significant amount of small venue touring.

Paying $20-$30 is a hell of a lot more reasonable (new/OG) to pay for music compared to what Kokane and Mount Westmore are doing. Even if MW decides to do a regular release later down the road, this has completely turned me off from their group.

the point is that nobody is buying cds

they probably make more money selling a verse or beat than off doing an album and selling it at $20’a pop. trust me, it don’t pay.

abusive

the point is that nobody is buying cds

they probably make more money selling a verse or beat than off doing an album and selling it at $20’a pop. trust me, it don’t pay.

CD sales just rose for the first time in almost two decades
Joining a decade-long resurgence in vinyl

By Jon Porter@JonPorty  Mar 14, 2022, 5:51am EDT

Source: https://www.theverge.com/2022/3/14/22976557/cd-sales-increase-2021-recording-industry-association-of-america
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

Sccit

CD sales just rose for the first time in almost two decades
Joining a decade-long resurgence in vinyl

By Jon Porter@JonPorty  Mar 14, 2022, 5:51am EDT

Source: https://www.theverge.com/2022/3/14/22976557/cd-sales-increase-2021-recording-industry-association-of-america

that’s good

but still a far cry from where we used to be

abusive

that’s good

but still a far cry from where we used to be
Why u always got to move the goal post?  :hmmm: You should be good in knowing you learned something new.
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

Sccit

Why u always got to move the goal post?  :hmmm: You should be good in knowing you learned something new.

what goal post? why do u see everything as a competition?

i’m speaking facts not emotions.. remove your ego from the equation and read what i said again.

The following users thanked this post: abusive