Author Topic: "MAYBE I F***3D UP NOT SIGNING TO AFTERMATH!!!" STICKY FINGERS TALKS DR.DRE  (Read 647 times)

abusive

No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

Sccit

damn that woulda been nuts fr fr

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
damn that woulda been nuts fr fr

Haven't listened yet.. and Sticky showed some strong potential for Aftermath on "Remember Me" which really sounded like a 2001 leftover because Em had been out all year with SSLP but Dre had been away so "Remember Me" was probably written for Dre.

But I think ultimately he would've ended up like King T, Rakim, Stat Quo and all the others
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

Haven't listened yet.. and Sticky showed some strong potential for Aftermath on "Remember Me" which really sounded like a 2001 leftover because Em had been out all year with SSLP but Dre had been away so "Remember Me" was probably written for Dre.

But I think ultimately he would've ended up like King T, Rakim, Stat Quo and all the others

maybe. but sticky fingaz had way more personality than all those artists. i legit think he coulda blew up under dre.

listen to his solo album from that time period “black trash” .. sticky’s potential to be a crossover star is undeniable and i think that’s why dre wanted him.

doggfather

Sticky told earlier he made 2 tracks for dre buck em and remember me.
none of em on 2001...

yup, sticky once got the chance to be 50cent or even bigger...
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

doggfather

nah, Sticky got bigger career before than stat quo or the others.
IMO with eminem he could be somthing like 50 cent was finally.

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Okka

Sticky also did "Jump Into It" a.k.a "Feel It" with Dr. Dre. That song used an earlier version of Warren G's "Lookin' At You" beat. Oh yeah, "Remember Me" was meant to be on "2001" originally. Sticky also did that song with Knoc-Turn'Al, Ms. Roq and Battlecat in his Aftermath days.

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

abusive

yup, sticky once got the chance to be 50cent or even bigger...
:snoop: We already went over dis. 50 came in with a hustlers ambition, unique sounding hit record wanksta, shot nine times story line which had proven to be marketable with Tupac and beef with murder inc. Given the exact same beats to someone else wouldn't have made them 50 cent.  Funny how they are both from Queens and we're under JMJ.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Sticky also did "Jump Into It" a.k.a "Feel It" with Dr. Dre. That song used an earlier version of Warren G's "Lookin' At You" beat. Oh yeah, "Remember Me" was meant to be on "2001" originally. Sticky also did that song with Knoc-Turn'Al, Ms. Roq and Battlecat in his Aftermath days.

Yeah no doubt... Dre was just trying to record dope shit as always, and if it is from that time period then it was the 2001 sessions even though that was like a loose designation because it could have ended up anywhere.

That makes sense that Sticky came in and knocked out "Buck Um", "Remember Me" and "Jump Into It".  Dre probably invited him in just to see what he had and he knocked out those gems so Dre was hype and considered signing him.

Of course "Buck Um" led off Snoop's Topp Dogg album, the album that brought back the West and was a certified banger. 

And I also agree with Sccit that Sticky had a lot of charisma, in fact all those cats from Onyx really had a lot of charisma and we shouldn't even talk about shoulda coulda woulda when it comes to Onyx because they had already blown up way back in the early 90's, before I was even a hip-hop head I remember 10 year old white girls on my school playground rappin "SLAM SLAM, LET THE BOYS BE BOYS".  That shit was huge. 

Fredro Starr was with Brandy in Moesha and also in a lot of films.  I always liked Fredro Star, Sunset Park is one of my all time favorite movies and one of my best memories ever from being a kid, went and saw it in 8th grade at the theatre and bought the soundtrack it was one of the all time great hip-hop soundtracks with "Just Doggin" which is really one of Dogg Pounds best all time songs and Pac had a nice one on the opener "High till I Die", MC Lyte had a song that really turned my life around in those days.. a barber shop fucced up my hair and I was the joke of the school for about a week, and then I remember that joint like totally changed my mood around and everything started going my way with girls at school and whatever else I was into in the good ol dayz

also.. forgive me cause I've gotten way off topic but that Fredro Starr/Keith Murray battle was epic and Fredro Starr never got the props he deserved for taking out Keith Murray in that
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

abusive

Who has a link to him over the looking at me beat?

Yeah no doubt... Dre was just trying to record dope shit as always, and if it is from that time period then it was the 2001 sessions even though that was like a loose designation because it could have ended up anywhere.

That makes sense that Sticky came in and knocked out "Buck Um", "Remember Me" and "Jump Into It".  Dre probably invited him in just to see what he had and he knocked out those gems so Dre was hype and considered signing him.

Of course "Buck Um" led off Snoop's Topp Dogg album, the album that brought back the West and was a certified banger. 

And I also agree with Sccit that Sticky had a lot of charisma, in fact all those cats from Onyx really had a lot of charisma and we shouldn't even talk about shoulda coulda woulda when it comes to Onyx because they had already blown up way back in the early 90's, before I was even a hip-hop head I remember 10 year old white girls on my school playground rappin "SLAM SLAM, LET THE BOYS BE BOYS".  That shit was huge. 

Fredro Starr was with Brandy in Moesha and also in a lot of films.  I always liked Fredro Star, Sunset Park is one of my all time favorite movies and one of my best memories ever from being a kid, went and saw it in 8th grade at the theatre and bought the soundtrack it was one of the all time great hip-hop soundtracks with "Just Doggin" which is really one of Dogg Pounds best all time songs and Pac had a nice one on the opener "High till I Die", MC Lyte had a song that really turned my life around in those days.. a barber shop fucced up my hair and I was the joke of the school for about a week, and then I remember that joint like totally changed my mood around and everything started going my way with girls at school and whatever else I was into in the good ol dayz

also.. forgive me cause I've gotten way off topic but that Fredro Starr/Keith Murray battle was epic and Fredro Starr never got the props he deserved for taking out Keith Murray in that
I agree. regardless of the controversy it was a good battle. I like fredro's approach and I don't think Keith did as bad as people make it sound. I liked Saigon vs Vado as well.

soopa-man

I remember reading about Sticky was damn near signed, he had a car and house Interscope was already paying for, he was recording songs and writing .  With this interview it pretty much proves he was a done deal, but the Black Trash album was in the making he made some joints and sounds like universal gave him
More and promo for it was all over the place that shit was pushed back a gang of times too I remember! I feel like Dre could have blew him up especially with Up In Smoke Tour and where Dre was at the time. Black Trash around some sprinkles of Dre and Mel-Man would have really given Sticky the props he deserves the creativity he had and let’s be fuckin honest he is one of the few to really body ‘Em on his own Song.. sticky blacked the fuck out on Remember Me? That verse is insane!

doggfather

yup. even eminem say the same. the only time when he had to re write his verse after heard stickys!

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sccit

I remember reading about Sticky was damn near signed, he had a car and house Interscope was already paying for, he was recording songs and writing .  With this interview it pretty much proves he was a done deal, but the Black Trash album was in the making he made some joints and sounds like universal gave him
More and promo for it was all over the place that shit was pushed back a gang of times too I remember! I feel like Dre could have blew him up especially with Up In Smoke Tour and where Dre was at the time. Black Trash around some sprinkles of Dre and Mel-Man would have really given Sticky the props he deserves the creativity he had and let’s be fuckin honest he is one of the few to really body ‘Em on his own Song.. sticky blacked the fuck out on Remember Me? That verse is insane!

i remember i had an advance version of black trash, it played out like a movie .. some of the joints def had that aftermath sound

jaytee

doggfather

by the way i watched this meth hoffa interviews inpieces oc and really liked it.

Watched tons of interviews with onyx at the last 3 decades but this one is one of the best.

they are speak bout their mental statement in the past, lookin back honest, and answering some good question too, not just regular bullshits this time.

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ