Author Topic: FIVE - ONE!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 188 times)

Joachim

Re: FIVE - ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2001, 10:39:16 AM »

Right listen up - Seaman -replacable with Martyn
                       Nevile G - replacable
                       Cambell - irreplacable
                       Ferdinand - replacable
                       Ashley Cole - replacable
                       Beckham - irreplacable
                       Gerrard - irreplacable
                       Scholes - irreplacable
                       Barmby (lol -we're so weak down the left we play Nicky Barmby - why Giggs why?)
                       Owen - irreplacable
                       Heskey - replacable

Who could England replace Ashley Cole with?? Ashley Cole forced the man who forced Roberto Carlos outta the Brazilian team (Silvinho)out of Highbury, he can attack like a winger and aint afraid to mix it up, oh hang on theres....wait for it..... PHIL NEVILLE!!! How could we leave him out??

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2001, 10:43:54 AM »
I'm not saying he's not the best left back we've got I'm saying he is not irreplacable - the system we play means tht full back is the least important position - are you saying if Phil Neville was playing we wouldn't have won? -Come on man

Joachim

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2001, 11:01:55 AM »
the system we play means tht full back is the least important position

With the lack of any real quality left wingers, Ashley Cole does play an important role of taking on defenders and supplying crosses for attacking players, granted, last night he did not play a vital role due to Germanys bullshit defence, meaning there was no need for our wing backs to go forward...

As for Phil Neville, im not sayin we wouldnt have won had he played, im sayin that there is no english left back who can touch Ashley Cole, and if Phil Neville is the alternative then thank God for young Ashley...

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2001, 11:30:21 AM »
Firstly when we play the full strength team I think that we mainly play through teams

Plus please understand that I am not saying that Ashley Cole isn't the best left back we have

And I don't think that Phil Neville is anywhere near the best he's not in the top ten

listen I go to Old Trafford every week and the only player that gets stick regularly such as 'get off the pitch' is Phil Neville

I feel sorry for Gary cause he really is a good right back who can adapt well at centre back but most english morons throw the Nevilles 2getha in the same category

Joachim

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2001, 12:52:56 PM »

I feel sorry for Gary cause he really is a good right back who can adapt well at centre back but most english morons throw the Nevilles 2getha in the same category

I agree, Gary Neville is the strongest right back we've had in a long time, sadly he does get labeled with the same tag as his brother...

Last night i think we saw Eriksonns first choice team, except Barmby, i think when we come up against a team with better centre backs Ashley Cole will come into his own and prove his worth...