Author Topic: Anybody read Danny Boys new book  (Read 134 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Anybody read Danny Boys new book
« on: June 26, 2022, 12:53:45 AM »
Came out maybe around a year ago…

It’s pretty good so far I will leave some notes here and then a full review at the end.

…but first note is Danny Boy actually got into the game thru Crucial Conflict!  That’s an interesting link between Death Row and Crucial Conflict—in fact Wild Style is Danny Boy’s cousin they were around before they met Fab 5 (who coincidentally broke thru in his own right thru a classic hiphop movie called Wild Style).  The Crucial Conflict crew was already making noise in the Chi and Danny would record with them from time to time and they all went out to LA to try to get signed and met Suge and Interscope—it’s a wonder Suge didn’t sign Crucial Conflict to be on Death Row cause they all auditioned
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

b.laden

Re: Anybody read Danny Boys new book
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2022, 03:32:01 AM »
nobody read books on this forum. lol

doggfather

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2022, 03:56:20 AM »
nobody read books on this forum. lol

Especally written by nobodys...
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

astra4322

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2022, 04:17:00 AM »

Especally written by nobodys...

Exactly

abusive

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2022, 10:14:45 AM »
DR's connection to Chicago is nuts but no one ever talks about it. Suge is from there.
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2022, 03:47:08 AM »
DR's connection to Chicago is nuts but no one ever talks about it. Suge is from there.

Yeah I wish in one of the interviews they’d ask Danny Boy more about this Chicago connection.  Crucial Conflict Final Tic is one of the greatest novelty records of all time I still bump it.  It’s also interesting the Do or Die connection and they also blew up in 96’ with “Do you wanna ride”.  96’ was a breakthru year for Chicago and Danny boy was connected to all of it

-Now to some more notes on the book 📖

📝  He says Shorty Capone a manager/producer of Crucial Conflict ran off with like 200,000 of his signing money and that he told Suge.  Danny Boy always thinks everyone is stealing from him then he starts bragging about all the lavish trips and over-spending and you remember that this dude only had one hit song on the label “I Ain’t Mad At Ya” and was essentially just a backup singer only a level up from Jewell.  If you hear the way he spends in the book I think he has it backwards.  He’s the one who stole from Suge and Death Row.  And SUGE would’ve had beef with Crucial Conflict if they truly stole the advance but Saritha Knight took a cut out of Danny’s advance under the table from the hand of Shorty Capone.  This is also mentioned in the book.  Shorty was really handling business in those days I thought Crucial Conflict were a bit like Bone and that God put all his blessings in their rapping abilities and didn’t leave them two bits of business sense or otherwise.  But that whole crew really had their shit together and struggled for years to make it—

📝—while Danny Boy is acting like a dumb kid thru the whole process and thinks he’s rich overnight—he was lucky to have good folks watching over him like Shorty and Wildstyle and then Suge and Pac.  Even George Pyrce has to rescue him cause he gets Death Row kicked off during the middle of a flight the pilot has to turn around because Danny Boy starts abusing the staff.

📝 Suge almost beat his ass for being Hollywood and spending 60,000 in room service—but because he was young Suge always forgave him and took him like a son.

📝 book is low quality and they didn’t even spell the name for the album 💿 Makaveli correct.  How do you spell that wrong?  He only has two claims to fame, and that’s All Eyez On Me, and his appearance on Makaveli.  How do you spell the album wrong?  Did he have any editor? Co writer? 

I’m at the point in the book where they are in Vegas for the fight.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 04:22:53 AM by Infinite Trapped in 1996 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)