Author Topic: Sway "If It Wasn't For D.O.C. There Would Be No Death Row" Snoop Dr Dre Suge  (Read 229 times)

abusive

No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

Okka

True. The D.O.C. was the one who got Dre to realize Eazy was stealing from him. He also got Dre to record "The Chronic".

abusive

True. The D.O.C. was the one who got Dre to realize Eazy was stealing from him. He also got Dre to record "The Chronic".
Was he being stolen from or did he just sign a bad contract? Jerry Heller made a good point in his White Label Radio interview when he said that they (Him/Eazy/Ruthless) would have been sued by Cube if they had actually stolen from him. This goes for all of the artist I assume.

I personally think that the public has taken Cube's accusations against Jerry and ran with it. In reality they probably got bad deals and both Eazy and Heller are to blame. Not just Heller.

Just imagine if Dre got his just due with Ruthless and with DR, then his success at Aftermath. Crazy to think he still came out on top anyway.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
D.O.C. Interviews are all wack to me.  They never ask the right questions and it’s never done by true West Coast/Death Row/Aftermath/Ruthless headz

They will talk to him about every damn thing, like ask him “So you met Big Daddy Kane?”  And then DOC talking about how he met Big Daddy Kane or Rakim or about how he spent time in Atlanta, or Erykah Badu, or he will go on about Texas.

But let’s be honest for a minute—every big thing that DOC has done as an artist has majority of the time been connected to Dre in some shape or form.  Yet if Dre’s mentioned in the interview it’s like Death Row/Aftermath/Ruthless are the dark side and a blip on his enlightenment/good guy image.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

OldSkool

Agree without DOC the westcoast musical landscape would have been entirely different and the ripple effects would have also impacted wider hip hop on all coasts.

Also Eazy wasn't stealing... might have been some shady or bad contracts. If anything Heller apparently was the one doing the stealing, ironically from Ruthless...

Contracts have always favoured record companies as they see it as a gamble that may or may not work out. They need to recoup... look at all the 360 ish..

Dee Tha AK

D.O.C. Interviews are all wack to me.  They never ask the right questions and it’s never done by true West Coast/Death Row/Aftermath/Ruthless headz

Its the case not only with the doc but many others too, people ask stupid irrelevant questions, use the time right while someone like doc is answering..man :/

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Its the case not only with the doc but many others too, people ask stupid irrelevant questions, use the time right while someone like doc is answering..man :/

Yeah.. last couple interviews for some reason they thought him “living in Atlanta” was something to focus on, and his thoughts on Atlanta music and Outkast (and of course Erykah) and they get really happy when he says he likes Atlanta music (yawn).

Then when he comes around to something interesting like how he ran with Pac and MC Breed and wrote for MC Breed and how Pac was always in Atlanta with him— they are like “next question”—So do you like Rakim and Big Daddy Kanes music, have you ever met them?

Then next they will let him go on and on about being from Texas and then as soon as he hits on something like his relationship with 6’2” and the project they did together they are like — “Next question so tell us all about life and how you can learn from mistakes and how when you were young you made mistakes and how you’ve grown from those days and you are a good guy family man now?”

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

abusive

Yeah.. last couple interviews for some reason they thought him “living in Atlanta” was something to focus on, and his thoughts on Atlanta music and Outkast (and of course Erykah) and they get really happy when he says he likes Atlanta music (yawn).

Then when he comes around to something interesting like how he ran with Pac and MC Breed and wrote for MC Breed and how Pac was always in Atlanta with him— they are like “next question”—So do you like Rakim and Big Daddy Kanes music, have you ever met them?

Then next they will let him go on and on about being from Texas and then as soon as he hits on something like his relationship with 6’2” and the project they did together they are like — “Next question so tell us all about life and how you can learn from mistakes and how when you were young you made mistakes and how you’ve grown from those days and you are a good guy family man now?”
I disagree with some of what you said. (as usual right lol)

The ATL aspect needs to be discussed more. The industry relocated to Atlanta starting in the mid nineties and it is now considered a black Hollywood, black mecca etc. For historically purposes the early ATL industry that he was apart of needs to be told more frequently. We know some stories of freaknik, the jack the rapper convention and Erik Sermon's tire shop but there is still more than needs to come out. They spent more time talking about BMF than they did the mass migration of rappers moving to Atlanta. I enjoyed hearing Too Short speaking on when and why he moved in some of his interviews.

The Pac, DOC and Mc Breed relationship has been brought up thoroughly in the past. I'm not mad at them for glossing over that.

Dallas needs to be discussed more. At one point just a few years back Dallas was starting to blow up. They fumbled the ball but the city can still bounce back. Dallas and LA actually have a strong connection especially musically. Big Hutch 187's dad was raised in Dallas, The Realest is from Dallas, how the DOC met Dre was because one of the world class wrecin' cru members was living in Dallas, Russ Parr who's group bobby jimmy and the critters put out music on Ruthless became a DJ in Dallas, the producer Chocolate lived in Dallas. The list goes on. If you look at the Texas connection to the industry and the streets, there is alot there as well.

I look at it as DOC being on the ground floor of not only Ruthless, DR and Aftermath. But also the Dallas rap scene and the ATL scene.

The following users thanked this post: dnjp4life

BIGWORM

I'm curious if he wrote anything on Too $horts~Cocktale$ album because you can definitely hear him in the background in at least 1 track. It was also recorded when he and Too Short lived in ATLANTA.

Dee Tha AK