Author Topic: Dogg Pound vs EPMD Verzus  (Read 629 times)

Okka

Re: Dogg Pound vs EPMD Verzus
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2022, 02:05:13 AM »
a
EPMD's discography is so much deeper than Dogg Pound's.  Dogg Pound really only had 1 good album (granted it was a great album) and Cali is Active was decent.  EPMD had six top five albums and many classics as a group.  They were instrumental in the careers of Redman, Keith Murray, and Das Efx.  Dogg Pound was the beneficiary of Dre and Snoop's success.  I agree that Kurupt in his prime was a better lyricist than Erick and Parrish, but as a group EPMD was better.

You don't fuck with "Dillinger & Young Gotti"? Like Scitt said that's a damn near classic. Personal classic to me. The second one was dope too.

DJSpin

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2022, 06:16:15 AM »
the proper dogg pound verzuz would be mobb deep, which is no longer possible

I don’t know what versus is, sounds gay. Is it battleing?  Fighting?  Dog pound vs knockout and dresta.

thegooddoc

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2022, 07:19:11 PM »
You don't fuck with "Dillinger & Young Gotti"? Like Scitt said that's a damn near classic. Personal classic to me. The second one was dope too.

It's a cool album, but the production/mixing took a huge step back and it doesn't come close to Dogg Food.  They were never the same after Dre left Death Row. 

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2022, 07:41:02 PM »
It's a cool album, but the production/mixing took a huge step back and it doesn't come close to Dogg Food.  They were never the same after Dre left Death Row.

I agree with you about Dillinger and Young Gotti I never got into that album much—I remember it being alright but it didn’t stay in my rotation long and then I kind of forgot about it or lost it.  I bought it the day it came out because Dogg Food is one of my most listened to albums

But saying they were never the same after Dre left Death Row is about half true—because because nobody (except Pac with 7 Day Theory) has ever been as great without Dre in the building—but Daz came damn close with RRGB (though many of the tracks were probably stash from the Dre days) and Kurupt had solid comeback album with Streetz is a Mutha and Space Boogie were both key albums in the West resurgence of Top Dogg 99’ up thru the Snoop GUnit “PIMP” remix era/Game 99-2005
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

thegooddoc

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2022, 08:40:27 PM »
I agree with you about Dillinger and Young Gotti I never got into that album much—I remember it being alright but it didn’t stay in my rotation long and then I kind of forgot about it or lost it.  I bought it the day it came out because Dogg Food is one of my most listened to albums

But saying they were never the same after Dre left Death Row is about half true—because because nobody (except Pac with 7 Day Theory) has ever been as great without Dre in the building—but Daz came damn close with RRGB (though many of the tracks were probably stash from the Dre days) and Kurupt had solid comeback album with Streetz is a Mutha and Space Boogie were both key albums in the West resurgence of Top Dogg 99’ up thru the Snoop GUnit “PIMP” remix era/Game 99-2005

I liked RRGB when it came out, just like I liked Rage's album, but to me it didn't age that well.  His beats right after Dre left sounded like Dre knock offs.  I think in part is was that Dre wasn't mixing them anymore.  Dogg Food is so clean sounding.  They never reached that level again.  As far as Kurupt, his albums after Death Row were decent, but inconsistent.

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2022, 10:13:17 PM »

u trippin. mike dean did his thing .. not quite dre, but still top tier shit