Author Topic: Mel-Man Top Ten Beats  (Read 312 times)

Okka

Re: Mel-Man Top Ten Beats
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2022, 12:01:19 AM »
Get Yo Walk On has to be up there  (co produced by Battlecat?)

Battlecat said Frdwreck was also involved in producing the song.

The following users thanked this post: abusive

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2022, 02:50:47 AM »

Bilal - Sally (co-produced with dr. dre)
Snoop Dogg - Dogg Named Snoop

Bilal's album dropped during that post "2001" era when I believe Dre was taking a lot of his leftover beats from the album and seeing if they could get used by other artists.  He even said this once in an interview something like "they will get used eventually" (leftovers used on other artists albums).

Like the Dre beats that ended up on Restless were probably all 2001 leftovers.

It was during this era that I was buying every album Dre did a song on, even Eve I bought her album just because Dre produced a couple joints on there.

I bought Bilal's album even though I'm not an R&B fan and I still bump it to this day it is one of my all time favorite R&B albums after KC&JoJo and Jodeci stuff then Bilal's debut is up there.  Dre even appeared in the video and on that "Fast Lane" joint with Jadakiss that was fire.  That track alone was worth getting the album.  Then Mel-Man production on "Sally" was top notch.  Other great tracks on the album

"Soul Sista"
"For You"
"Reminisce" with Mos Def
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Jay_J

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2022, 06:50:22 AM »
Battlecat said Frdwreck was also involved in producing the song.

he means the remix produced by fredwreck. Fred is not involved with the album version.

Okka

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2022, 07:07:19 AM »
Bilal's album dropped during that post "2001" era when I believe Dre was taking a lot of his leftover beats from the album and seeing if they could get used by other artists.  He even said this once in an interview something like "they will get used eventually" (leftovers used on other artists albums).

Like the Dre beats that ended up on Restless were probably all 2001 leftovers.

It was during this era that I was buying every album Dre did a song on, even Eve I bought her album just because Dre produced a couple joints on there.

I bought Bilal's album even though I'm not an R&B fan and I still bump it to this day it is one of my all time favorite R&B albums after KC&JoJo and Jodeci stuff then Bilal's debut is up there.  Dre even appeared in the video and on that "Fast Lane" joint with Jadakiss that was fire.  That track alone was worth getting the album.  Then Mel-Man production on "Sally" was top notch.  Other great tracks on the album

he means the remix produced by fredwreck. Fred is not involved with the album version.

I know Fred did the remix, but Battlecat said he worked on the original version too.