Author Topic: Daz Talks: The D.O.C./Being a 5%er/New DR/Harry-O/Music Business  (Read 588 times)

abusive

Daz Talks: The D.O.C./Being a 5%er/New DR/Harry-O/Music Business
« on: September 02, 2022, 07:49:57 AM »
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Daz Talks: The D.O.C./Being a 5%er/New DR/Harry-O/Music Business
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2022, 11:09:56 AM »

Daz is the greatest..

..in everything in life I always think W.W.D.D.  I try to live up to the example he set for me as a youth but always seem to fall short
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

The following users thanked this post: abusive

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2022, 11:19:10 AM »
Wish Daz would go more in depth about what he was doing musically before meeting Dre.  We already know Warren was producer/DJ for 213, Kurupt was already on records before Death Row.  But it seems surprising Daz could come out of nowhere to producing and rappin on the Chronic. 

Snoop even tried to send him back to Oklahoma and it was Snoop's father (Daz's biological uncle) who talked Snoop into keeping him.

So how do you go from that Chronic-Doggystyle-Murder Was the Case-Dogg Food in such a short time.

The following users thanked this post: RoscoeOutlaw, abusive

abusive

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2022, 05:05:22 PM »
Wish Daz would go more in depth about what he was doing musically before meeting Dre.  We already know Warren was producer/DJ for 213, Kurupt was already on records before Death Row.  But it seems surprising Daz could come out of nowhere to producing and rappin on the Chronic. 

Snoop even tried to send him back to Oklahoma and it was Snoop's father (Daz's biological uncle) who talked Snoop into keeping him.

So how do you go from that Chronic-Doggystyle-Murder Was the Case-Dogg Food in such a short time.
He's apart of a music industry family, just like Drake.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2022, 09:38:37 AM »
He's apart of a music industry family, just like Drake.

Yes that's true.  He's said something about he's Aunt being on a major label back in the day.

But that Snoop story is really interesting about him getting kicked out and sent back to Oklohoma but Snoop's father stepped in.  Apparantly Daz is really close with his Uncle (Snoop's father).  Because Snoop's father was in and out of Snoop's life growing up, but even when Daz and Snoop were beefing in 98', Snoop's father was still rolling tight with Daz.

Would just like to hear more in depth about Daz transition from nearly getting left out the entire experience, to becoming #2 greatest producer behind Dr. Dre virtually overnight.

We finally go tthat backstory on Kurupt and some major label songs he recorded on before Death Row--that actually sounded fuccin solid.  Like Kurupt was already legit before Death Row.

abusive

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2022, 06:36:52 AM »
Yes that's true.  He's said something about he's Aunt being on a major label back in the day.

But that Snoop story is really interesting about him getting kicked out and sent back to Oklohoma but Snoop's father stepped in.  Apparantly Daz is really close with his Uncle (Snoop's father).  Because Snoop's father was in and out of Snoop's life growing up, but even when Daz and Snoop were beefing in 98', Snoop's father was still rolling tight with Daz.

Would just like to hear more in depth about Daz transition from nearly getting left out the entire experience, to becoming #2 greatest producer behind Dr. Dre virtually overnight.

We finally go tthat backstory on Kurupt and some major label songs he recorded on before Death Row--that actually sounded fuccin solid.  Like Kurupt was already legit before Death Row.
It's deeper than just his aunt bro. Just like Drake, it's deeper than just his dad.

It's interesting because J Prince sent Mike Dean to study Dre and he went on to be a greater producer. Loved the work he did on Mike's second album. I'm sure Daz studied Dre longer.

Jay_J

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2022, 07:01:33 AM »
It's deeper than just his aunt bro. Just like Drake, it's deeper than just his dad.

It's interesting because J Prince sent Mike Dean to study Dre and he went on to be a greater producer. Loved the work he did on Mike's second album. I'm sure Daz studied Dre longer.

both guys who studied dre, i mean Mike Dean and Daz, they produced  2 albums together.

-Dillinger and Young Gotti
-Life i lead

both album are classics. I think those albums are not appriciated enough.

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue, abusive

HighEyeCue

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2022, 08:30:14 AM »
both guys who studied dre, i mean Mike Dean and Daz, they produced  2 albums together.

-Dillinger and Young Gotti
-Life i lead

both album are classics. I think those albums are not appriciated enough.

I agree with this...especially Dillinger And Young Gotti, love that album

Tony Trey

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2022, 12:29:34 PM »

Daz's mom as well.  She was a singer and a song writer.  He mentioned that a couple times on his Instagram around the time she passed away.

The following users thanked this post: abusive

rcg

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2022, 02:30:27 AM »
I agree with this...especially Dillinger And Young Gotti, love that album

Daz says Dre is the greatest producer of all time. He learned how to program drums from Warren G. And Dr. Dre showed him how to fill up the entire track with different music.  He says "he learned a lot from Dr. Dre" and he feels he's the second best Hiphop producer of all time.

Tony Trey

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2022, 07:19:47 AM »
Daz says Dre is the greatest producer of all time. He learned how to program drums from Warren G. And Dr. Dre showed him how to fill up the entire track with different music.  He says "he learned a lot from Dr. Dre" and he feels he's the second best Hiphop producer of all time.

2nd Greatest Ever might be overstating a bit, but he's definitely one of my personal favorites.

doggfather

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2022, 07:33:18 AM »
Lol. He aint in the top 10 from the westcoast.
Not at all hip hop.
Man, please...
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

HighEyeCue

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2022, 09:53:39 AM »
Lol. He aint in the top 10 from the westcoast.
Not at all hip hop.
Man, please...

disagree..I know Daz hasn't done much producing in recent years but hes had a great career

as far as West Coast, Dre, Quik, Battlecat. Muggs and Alchemist probably but cant think of anybody else better
« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 09:59:18 AM by HighEyeCue »

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2022, 12:49:09 PM »
disagree..I know Daz hasn't done much producing in recent years but hes had a great career

as far as West Coast, Dre, Quik, Battlecat. Muggs and Alchemist probably but cant think of anybody else better

You didn't mention G-Dub.  Warren G vs Daz is a pretty good production battle, imo.  Daz had more longevity, but Warren's peak was higher, imo.

Arguably Ant Banks too, perhaps?
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.