Author Topic: Dr Dre Studio Sightings Vol 17  (Read 129816 times)

Tony Trey

Re: Dr Dre Studio Sightings Vol 17
« Reply #1800 on: September 27, 2022, 07:27:55 AM »
There are a couple of standouts, but nothing like his previous album.  Production is great, but its missing that "outside the box" that Dre was so great at delivering on with his sounds.  Now its like he's just putting his touch on what's out there already, nothing experimental or risk taking anymore.  Lacking confidence i guess

That's it for me.  Compton was just Dre's take on Soundcloud rap, mumble rap, and trap music.  It sounded exactly like every album released from 2013 to 2017.

Sccit

« Reply #1801 on: September 27, 2022, 09:58:10 PM »
why should ve hate a compilation. thats what compilations are for, to represent new artists, new songs (mostly leftovers not good enough to use for a solo album) and a new vibe for the industry. nobody should expect an impact what a dr. dre solo does from this compton compilation, thats stupid to hate it. compton wrote the path for people like anderson paak, dem jointz and marsha. king mez is also still working as a ghostwriter for aftermath projects, sly pyper is also ghoswriting, singing bridges and hooks for aftermath projects. paak became a superstar, dem jointz's hands are on everywhere, kanye, eminem, 2 chainz even k-pop. marsha is also finally about to drop his first debut in aftermath records... so looks like compton did what he had to do.

now its time for dr. dre to release his 3rd solo album.

how is compton any more a compilation than the chronic or 2001?

as far as i’m concerned, that is indeed his 3rd solo .. and a classic to me

The following users thanked this post: Marco

astra4322

« Reply #1802 on: September 27, 2022, 09:59:42 PM »
I got the same thoughts about Compton like Sccit.

Jay_J

« Reply #1803 on: September 28, 2022, 12:52:28 AM »
I didn't see if anybody shared this donda leftover "This Is The Glory"... beat switch and dre's vocal sound so great.

https://mega.nz/file/b8E2BIaB#4k5E5GJc5MTF1ZMd4jMDwd6iGZ1wh_zrRN7L0C_aafQ
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 02:39:41 PM by Jay_J »

Hittman2001

« Reply #1804 on: September 28, 2022, 01:29:33 PM »
That's it for me.  Compton was just Dre's take on Soundcloud rap, mumble rap, and trap music.  It sounded exactly like every album released from 2013 to 2017.

The beats we  (I) want were made before compton came out.   Compton had good tracks, too much going on with some of them.  Even the mixing was off, that was surprising to me.  Oh well I guess we'll see what future has in store, need some bounce.