Author Topic: SNOOP DOGG - MISSIONARY Produced By Dr. Dre (Coming Soon)  (Read 35025 times)

doggfather

Re: SNOOP DOGG - MISSIONARY Produced By Dr. Dre (New Album 11/2023)
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2022, 12:52:12 AM »
cds ain’t comin back man.. as a cd collector, it truly saddens me, but we are the last of a dying breed.

vinyl has outsold cds the past 3 years, so if anything physical is coming back, it’s vinyl

i personally don’t understand it, because physical media kills digital media imo, and the most convenient physical media are cds

back in the day when cd arrived everybody said vinyl is DONE for good, and forever.

Now, as u wrote. more vinyl selling than cd.

I dont think any of them gonna disappear.

There will be collector forever.

maybe not that much, but they, we will be here forever!!!!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

The following users thanked this post: Okka

Okka

« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2022, 04:15:47 AM »
FLAC copies are great but there is nothing like opening that CD case for the first time and popping it in while reading the liner notes

Exactly. I'm still buyin' CD's, but I'm in the minority.

IMO, the most likely outcome is that Missionary turns out like The Wash.  People forget that was supposed to be the Snoop & Dre reunion album, but it only ended up having two Dre & Snoop traccs.  Missionary will probably be similar.  But I hope I'm wrong.  I do think it is a real album, at least.

Exactly what I was sayin' earlier. Let's hope we are both wrong!

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2022, 06:17:26 AM »
You guys aren’t very observant are you? Snoop has been posting pics eating breakfast at Dre’s lol for months now. Posting pics of them in the studio. They’ve been goin in. This shit is the real deal

Nobody’s saying they haven’t been recording songs. Dre probably has hundreds and hundreds of Dre/Snoop songs in the vault from the last 30 years. They’ve recorded shit plenty of times over the years and nothing’s been released. The question is if Dre will actually release any of it, i doubt it.

Sccit

« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2022, 07:48:34 AM »

back in the day when cd arrived everybody said vinyl is DONE for good, and forever.

Now, as u wrote. more vinyl selling than cd.

I dont think any of them gonna disappear.

There will be collector forever.

maybe not that much, but they, we will be here forever!!!!

the thing about vinyls is that it still has had use for DJs + a totally different sound experience

i hope you’re right

abusive

« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2022, 08:33:53 AM »
There are two discussions happening at the same time in regards to cds. There is the discussion of cds being made by modern artist and the public purchasing them to listen to, then there is the community of people buying new and old cds from the standpoint of a collector. What new artist miss is the latter. I will buy a cd not to listen to but to add to the collection. If a new or modern artist tries to just sell me a cd, it's a no go. However, if it is let's say numbered (one of x amount), autographed or limited edition etc. Then I would be more willing to buy it. This goes for an artist I don't even like and would never listen to. Yes, I will buy it as memorabilia. The people over at Gresilda understand this. There was a recent discussion on Math Hoffa's platform where one of the guys said he doesn't mess with them because of music but rather because of merch. I'm not sure about tapes and/or CD's being apart of that but I know they sell records. He could have just been speaking about clothing but I think you get the point anyway.
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

doggfather

« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2022, 08:54:47 AM »
the thing i aint understand is the cd-r.

when a factory made cd is cheap as phuck why anybody sellin factory made cd-r?!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

maudizzle

« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2022, 10:44:48 AM »
HELLO :-*

Sccit

« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2022, 10:45:38 AM »
the thing i aint understand is the cd-r.

when a factory made cd is cheap as phuck why anybody sellin factory made cd-r?!

as cheap as it is to press a factory cd, cd-r is much cheaper .. and also gives artist the option of making copies on demand

Lucifuge

« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2022, 12:50:41 PM »
Bluecarpet was full of dope dres beats, and overall was a dope album. Snoops best after doggy.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Sccit

« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2022, 01:31:07 PM »
Bluecarpet was full of dope dres beats, and overall was a dope album. Snoops best after doggy.

it’s a near classic but i wouldn’t say best after doggy

doggfather
top dogg
last meal

all better imo

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2022, 03:58:45 PM »

it’s a near classic but i wouldn’t say best after doggy

doggfather
top dogg
last meal

all better imo
Agreed with this

teecee

« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2022, 07:54:06 PM »
Snoop has sounded nice on a few tracks within the last year (ETA, the joint off that Russ dudes album) so with Dre’s coaching, I have no doubt his vocals will be nice.  On the other hand, I haven’t heard anything all that interesting production wise from Dre in a long ass time.  I don’t wanna hear Snoop over darker sounding Piano driven beats (it worked on Imagine but still) not do I wanna hear snoop over the type of production Dre has been doing from the Compton era onward. 

The following users thanked this post: Tony Trey

Rubinho

« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2022, 02:15:25 AM »
Infinite, will you check this album or will you skip it?

nad45

« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2022, 02:26:45 AM »
Snoop has sounded nice on a few tracks within the last year (ETA, the joint off that Russ dudes album) so with Dre’s coaching, I have no doubt his vocals will be nice.  On the other hand, I haven’t heard anything all that interesting production wise from Dre in a long ass time.  I don’t wanna hear Snoop over darker sounding Piano driven beats (it worked on Imagine but still) not do I wanna hear snoop over the type of production Dre has been doing from the Compton era onward.

We can hear a song playing in the back in this video.
It has been posted in his Insta at the same period of other posts with him and Dre in the studio.
We don't hear much but I'm pretty sure it's from the album. The way of Snoop is sounding and the guitar on the beat made me think that.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2022, 04:30:24 AM »
Agreed with this

I like Last Meal better than Top Dogg but that list is about right 8)