Author Topic: SNOOP DOGG - MISSIONARY Produced By Dr. Dre (Coming Soon)  (Read 35019 times)

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Re: SNOOP DOGG - MISSIONARY Produced By Dr. Dre (New Album 11/2023)
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2022, 04:48:28 PM »

bro nobody here is guna agree wit u

paid da cost is a dope album, don’t get me wrong

but i was around when both albums dropped and the overwhelming majority said bct is snoops best work since last meal

on the contrary, when paid da cost dropped, most snoop fans were disappointed because it didn’t live up to last meal or top dogg

u can go search the original discussion threads if u don’t believe me

I was probably one of those that hated and was very critical when this album first came out. But 20 years later this album kinda aged well. E-White was a great song writer for Snoop. Boss Playa, The One and Only, I Miss That Bitch, Pimp Slappd are some of his best work.

Sccit

« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2022, 04:51:48 PM »

I was probably one of those that hated and was very critical when this album first came out. But 20 years later this album kinda aged well. E-White was a great song writer for Snoop. Boss Playa, The One and Only, I Miss That Bitch, Pimp Slappd are some of his best work.

no doubt

it’s a dope album in retrospect

but not quite last meal or top dogg.. or even bct

dre’s production puts those 3 above paid da cost

Matty

« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2022, 06:13:19 PM »
they might not be the most loved but i really enjoyed Ego Trippin & Bush. both very cohesive in terms of production & sound. a new Snoop/Dre LP could have the potential to top these & BCT, if it ever came out.

Sccit

« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2022, 06:38:26 PM »
they might not be the most loved but i really enjoyed Ego Trippin & Bush. both very cohesive in terms of production & sound. a new Snoop/Dre LP could have the potential to top these & BCT, if it ever came out.

my favorite snoop sleeper is 7 days of funk, which id put right behind bct

Matty

« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2022, 07:09:55 PM »
i just went back to Ego Trippin' and the back end is really bad lol, literally 2/3 of the tracks and there's too many. the first handful are absolute fire though. Bush doesn't have skippers like that, short & sweet.

The following users thanked this post: Okka

goodyoung

« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2022, 07:12:04 PM »
naaaah... not at all bro!

these 3 following albums were pieces of a ONE, top dogg, tha last meal and Paid da cost...

blue carpet is also a solid album but Paid Da Cost was the shiiiiiiiiit!

look at those hits from the album!!!!

From Tha Church To Da Palace   
Lolipop   
Ballin'   
Beautiful   
Paper'd Up   
The One And Ony   
From Long Beach 2 Brick City   
Suited N Booted   
Pimp Slapp'd

None of those are touching Boss' Life, Imagine l, Round Here and Crazy

Sccit

« Reply #81 on: October 06, 2022, 07:36:14 PM »
None of those are touching Boss' Life, Imagine l, Round Here and Crazy

facts

The following users thanked this post: Okka, D-TalkX

HighEyeCue

« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2022, 03:25:23 AM »
one of the reasons Paid Tha Cost was hated when it came out on is that the Dre beats that were there for the 2 previous albums were missing...also there was a lot of non west coast production on there

Boss Playa is still my joint though 8)

The following users thanked this post: Hittman2001

PLANT

« Reply #83 on: October 07, 2022, 05:51:58 AM »
There were a handful of dope tracks on paid tha cost.  Snoops biggest problem has always been trimming the fat from his albums.  Dude could have 3-4 classics if he kept his albums to 12,13 songs instead of 21 joints.

After Doggystyle flip a coin between Top Dogg and last meal.  Depends on the day

Then it’s BCT, paid tha cost, BODR

Then the rest. 

I can’t wait to hear what Snoop and Dre have cooked up in 2022.  It’s been way too long.  Looking forward to hearing it

Sccit

« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2022, 08:11:37 AM »
There were a handful of dope tracks on paid tha cost.  Snoops biggest problem has always been trimming the fat from his albums.  Dude could have 3-4 classics if he kept his albums to 12,13 songs instead of 21 joints.

After Doggystyle flip a coin between Top Dogg and last meal.  Depends on the day

Then it’s BCT, paid tha cost, BODR

Then the rest. 

I can’t wait to hear what Snoop and Dre have cooked up in 2022.  It’s been way too long.  Looking forward to hearing it
yup .. snoop woulda had the goat catalogue wit a stronger executive producer on all his albums

but i noticed you omitted doggfather.. and even put bodr above it. was that on purpose?

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2022, 12:07:09 PM »
In Paid da cost nobody mentions Pimp'd Slap. It was a dope album like Blue Carpet. For me its a tie. People hate on Paid da cost cause No dre, and Pharrell on the project and the mainstream Beautiful track. Everybody on here happy for Blue Carpet cause G.Clinton, Dre, Nate... but for me is a like i said.

1. Doggystyle
2. Doggfather
3. Last Meal / Top Dogg
4. Paid Da Cost / Blue Carpet
5. R&G
6. Ego Trippin
7. BODR
8. I wanna thank

Don t list others cause they are wack.

Many Welcome 2 Da Chuuch mixtapes can be in this list and higher than Paid Da cost or Blue Carpet.
Vol.1 / 3 / 6 are better then teses 2 studio albums

Just my point.

Sccit

« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2022, 01:01:23 PM »
In Paid da cost nobody mentions Pimp'd Slap. It was a dope album like Blue Carpet. For me its a tie. People hate on Paid da cost cause No dre, and Pharrell on the project and the mainstream Beautiful track. Everybody on here happy for Blue Carpet cause G.Clinton, Dre, Nate... but for me is a like i said.

1. Doggystyle
2. Doggfather
3. Last Meal / Top Dogg
4. Paid Da Cost / Blue Carpet
5. R&G
6. Ego Trippin
7. BODR
8. I wanna thank

Don t list others cause they are wack.

Many Welcome 2 Da Chuuch mixtapes can be in this list and higher than Paid Da cost or Blue Carpet.
Vol.1 / 3 / 6 are better then teses 2 studio albums

Just my point.

coolaid, neva left, and 7 days of funk whack?

HighEyeCue

« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2022, 02:03:03 PM »
Snoop’s discography is so underrated…the only album that I can’t bump the majority of tracks is Da Game is to be Sold…I’m not saying it’s bad but it’s not my cup of tea

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2022, 02:07:45 PM »
Snoop’s discography is so underrated…the only album that I can’t bump the majority of tracks is Da Game is to be Sold…I’m not saying it’s bad but it’s not my cup of tea

That album is great. One of his most underrated Id put it above Ego Trippin

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #89 on: October 07, 2022, 02:23:37 PM »
coolaid, neva left, and 7 days of funk whack?
7 days of funk is good. Coolaid and neva left yes there are wack for me. You still bumping those? Off this two i cant even make an album of 10songs that i can put above i wanna thank me