Author Topic: Kurupt - Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha (23rd Anniversary)  (Read 726 times)

Okka

Re: Kurupt - Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha (23rd Anniversary)
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2023, 05:37:30 AM »
You notice only Death Row affiliated artists took off on the rebirth of the West Coast after Death Row. Anyone affiliated with the main signees of the fallen post 97 Death Row Records was swept under due to lack of distribution, label support, staff, an imprisoned executive, and unimpressive roster with no straight forward movement or direction in terms of sound - maybe production wise soundkits pre-Streetz Iz A Mutha in terms of sound sourcing from Death Row's stock sounds vault with progression in technology with sound manipulation. While on the rebirth side, all the MC's were still relatively young. The Kurupt's, The Dr. Dre's, The Snoop's, and all their affiliates coming fresh off Death Row Records. They carried the West Coast with Snoop being the second major artist off Death Row Records, but Dr. Dre being the first but dropping second with his 2001. I remember sites like OGSues, Playa P, West Coast Killaz, Matt Jory, Death Row Entertainment, WCRydaz, o2DeathRow, and others promoting this kind of material. It was an authentic time for music hype back then. The site that got me started was www.thavaults.com - that's where I began collecting. - David T. Guinn

Why are you posting from D-Nice's account?

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue