Author Topic: RBX - HIBERNATION SHIVERS (Official Discussion)  (Read 6738 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: RBX - HIBERNATION SHIVERS (New Album Coming Soon)
« Reply #105 on: February 23, 2024, 06:09:29 AM »
streaming barely pays the artist at all.. a few cents, if that

purchasing a digital copy on bandcamp = artist gets the full amount of the purchase

What about the Youtube Channel?  If you and Siavash put all the music you own now into one spot like your youtube channel and now you got 3 albums, LAMB, Torpor, and Hibernation, plus you got the music videos.

If Itunes doesn't pay its artists really anything but cents, what you think about Youtube in comparison?
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

topdogg188

Re: RBX - HIBERNATION SHIVERS (New Album 3/15)
« Reply #106 on: February 23, 2024, 06:12:31 AM »
Looking forward to it, I pre-orderd the download been years since i bought a CD and no space anymore to keep them. I was wondering if Soopafly was approached for anything for the album along with the other DPGC, his POW track with RBX on The Shining is one of my favs ? I always wonder why someone as talented as Soopafly don't release a lot of stuff - maybe he's just semi-retired now. There's like 1 track every 1 or 2 years on a Snoop Album these days. What's stopping him from doing a full length with say Kxng Crooked or something.

The following users thanked this post: Duck Duck Doggy

Sccit

« Reply #107 on: February 23, 2024, 08:07:10 AM »
What about the Youtube Channel?  If you and Siavash put all the music you own now into one spot like your youtube channel and now you got 3 albums, LAMB, Torpor, and Hibernation, plus you got the music videos.

If Itunes doesn't pay its artists really anything but cents, what you think about Youtube in comparison?

it’s better than nothing, but still very little compared to direct sales. 

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #108 on: February 23, 2024, 08:10:16 AM »
Looking forward to it, I pre-orderd the download been years since i bought a CD and no space anymore to keep them. I was wondering if Soopafly was approached for anything for the album along with the other DPGC, his POW track with RBX on The Shining is one of my favs ? I always wonder why someone as talented as Soopafly don't release a lot of stuff - maybe he's just semi-retired now. There's like 1 track every 1 or 2 years on a Snoop Album these days. What's stopping him from doing a full length with say Kxng Crooked or something.

I wondered that too, was Soopafly approached?  I doubt a verse from him would cost very much.  Would've increased album sales by several thousand because all the Soopafly collectors would've bought the album.  Same thing with The Twinz, a verse from them would've been epic. 

Sccit

« Reply #109 on: February 23, 2024, 08:20:09 AM »
I wondered that too, was Soopafly approached?  I doubt a verse from him would cost very much.  Would've increased album sales by several thousand because all the Soopafly collectors would've bought the album.  Same thing with The Twinz, a verse from them would've been epic.

tha twinz were approached and agreed but they don’t have access to a studio … we woulda had to pick them up and take them to a studio, which we woulda done, but then we figured the album is already stacked wit features and that it would be a mission for everyone to get that done. if they had a place to record or a way to get to us then we woulda had them on there too tho.

i think doggy reached out to soopafly but nothing came of it .. not sure he’s still doing music like that. if hibernation shivers pops the way we’re hoping, we might do a follow up and go harder at getting soopafly and twinz on the next 1.

The following users thanked this post: teecee, topdogg188

Sccit

« Reply #110 on: February 23, 2024, 08:21:31 AM »
Soopa and Twinz have a bright sound, RBX is dark. I doubt it would mesh.

listen to lets ride …. rbx came through on a few bright joints for this one. we coulda made it work musically, it just wasnt meant to be this go round.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #111 on: February 23, 2024, 08:23:12 AM »

listen to lets ride …. rbx came through on a few bright joints for this one. we coulda made it work musically, it just wasnt meant to be this go round.

Fair enough.  I removed my post.  Looking forward to the album.  I was bumping RBX Files this morning in anticipation.  :)
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Sccit

« Reply #112 on: February 23, 2024, 08:35:50 AM »
Fair enough.  I removed my post.  Looking forward to the album.  I was bumping RBX Files this morning in anticipation.  :)

:salute:

teecee

« Reply #113 on: February 23, 2024, 08:44:21 AM »

no doubt

what track was hit n what was miss in your opinion?

the interlude is like a quik’s groove type joint- a break from the raps. but theres a hook on there which we originally wanted to use for a full track but decided the beat was hard enough to carry it

classic dpg sound off top

I didn’t like Picnic Caskets at all, but loved the production/sound of Let’s Ride and I also thought Nightstalker was tight.  I’m really looking forward to hearing RBX spit, so I’m hoping the abundant features don’t drown him out. 

Sccit

« Reply #114 on: February 23, 2024, 09:22:26 AM »
I didn’t like Picnic Caskets at all, but loved the production/sound of Let’s Ride and I also thought Nightstalker was tight.  I’m really looking forward to hearing RBX spit, so I’m hoping the abundant features don’t drown him out.

picnic caskets is definitely different from the rest of the album, as it has that classic horrorcore sound that u either hate or love

rest of the album is more traditional west coast sounding

The following users thanked this post: teecee

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #115 on: February 23, 2024, 11:08:28 AM »

Yo Sccit.. Look how far we've come... in 2001 you sent me RBX Files in the mail.  Remember that??  (You might have sent the Royce bootleg as well which is still his best collection of songs ever). 

Anyway, now 20 years later you will be sending me a new RBX album in the mail that you own, produced, and appear on (along with Siavash). 

How crazy is that?
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #116 on: February 23, 2024, 01:17:00 PM »
Yo Sccit.. Look how far we've come... in 2001 you sent me RBX Files in the mail.  Remember that??  (You might have sent the Royce bootleg as well which is still his best collection of songs ever). 

Anyway, now 20 years later you will be sending me a new RBX album in the mail that you own, produced, and appear on (along with Siavash). 

How crazy is that?

nuts how these things work, no doubt

if you believe then u can achieve

:ohwell:

The following users thanked this post: Dwax-187

Dwax-187

« Reply #117 on: February 23, 2024, 04:33:32 PM »

big salute homie

preorder up now.. will send copies out early to those who preorder

https://rbxthenarrator.bandcamp.com/album/hibernation-shivers

Just placed a preorder for a digital copy.  Im driving south to Florida, March 8th… 20 hour drive.  Would appreciate an advanced copy for the drive llol!  I have a bandcamp ID if you need.

Appreciate the hard work and commitment to fans, to walk us through the process for this album.  Wish you all success!

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

Dwax-187

« Reply #118 on: March 08, 2024, 06:43:27 PM »

Just placed a preorder for a digital copy.  Im driving south to Florida, March 8th… 20 hour drive.  Would appreciate an advanced copy for the drive llol!  I have a bandcamp ID if you need.

Appreciate the hard work and commitment to fans, to walk us through the process for this album.  Wish you all success!

Sccit you hooking any of us dubcc members early?  I bought the digital, got the transaction ID if needed.

Sccit

« Reply #119 on: March 09, 2024, 09:56:45 PM »
Sccit you hooking any of us dubcc members early?  I bought the digital, got the transaction ID if needed.

i think once we put it on bandcamp it’s available to all.. we sent CD copies out early tho

shoot me an email i’ll see what i can do sccitlamb@gmail.com