Author Topic: RBX - HIBERNATION SHIVERS (Official Discussion)  (Read 6754 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: RBX - HIBERNATION SHIVERS (New Album 3/15)
« Reply #135 on: March 15, 2024, 03:01:07 AM »

tap in once u bang that

:salute:

“RELEASE DATE”— “only X I know is Xzibit and RBX !!”

Just saw the email gonna download now, digital copy, and physical in the mail to my bros house for when I come back to America in the summer.

You know Im an English teacher in oil rich Arabia.  I live on the Persian/Arabian Gulf Sea 🌊 here I bike 🚴 run 🏃 yoga 🧘‍♂️ along a stretch of beach 🏖️ and marina here so I’m gonna have a nice one today listening to X front to back will let you know my thoughts on here later.

Ya’ll should open a fresh new thread for the release and/or album reviews
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: RBX - HIBERNATION SHIVERS (Official Discussion)
« Reply #136 on: March 15, 2024, 05:52:01 AM »
1. Hibernation Shivers (Intro) 03:03

Dope intro holds it down, meets the standard

2. Lets Ride [Ft. Sccit & Klientel] 03:52

Solid opener to wet the appetite.

3.  Hibernation [Ft. Ras Kass] 03:19

These first few joints are like the appetizer.

4. Midnight Drive [Ft. MC Eiht & Sccit] 02:46

Now the waiter brings out the full meal.  I like MC Eiht alluding to some references only die hard West Coast fans would get he has about 3 of them in his verse like "Midnight Love" Rafeal, the fact that Sccit can spar with MC Eiht and hold his own is big

5. Ragin' Rod 1 (Skit) 00:23

Rod just woke up one day and decided he hated me some years ago.  I've always given him his props as an artists and once again he came through with a dope skit right here.  I'm not gonna hate even though he's a fuccin asshole

6. Regrets 03:34

Now the meal has been served and we eatin.   Love the title this is kind of the shit I felt RBX should be speaking on at this stage of his life and career.

7. Nightstalker [Ft. Krayzie Bone] 02:50

This is a banger and I love the little intro of "in 1984..." and settin the stage and Krayzie brings his A game, right away when he comes in you know this track is legit

8. The Shivers [Ft. Sccit & Crooked I] 03:05

Another banger, Sccit really shines on this and great use of Crooked I by Siavash how ya'll bring him in at the end like an outro

9. Memories [Ft. Smoov-E & Siavash The Grouch] 03:55

This is the highlight of the album for me.  And I know it was probably Siavash and Sccit that was the influence on this joint cause he even had a internet track back in the day called memories and so did Sccit on the dubcc compilation.  I remember that shit.  And I don't know who Smoov-E is but his style was perfect for the track.  The beat is infectious this is a joint you can put on repeat and roll one up.  Nice use of Siavash with the spoken word.

10. The Moon [Ft. Fatlip, Sccit & Butch Cassidy] 04:51

Dope cut, like I said we fully into the meal now.  Eatin the meat, now lickin the bones.  Is this the one where Sccit is using some religious/historical references like "Turkish delight"

11. Ragin' Rod 2 (Skit) 00:46

Nother Rod Skit?  I don't recall two of them, I know I liked the one he said "Jesus, and Moses" I thought that was a dope idea how ya'll kept it real and didn't try to front like ya'll still 20 years old or something like that.  Ya'll kept it real.

12. Don't Lie To Me [Ft. Spice 1] 03:12

Fuccin dope, and this is comin from some one who is not a big Bay Area music fan and even I loved this joint and love the way you used Spice One right after Rod's Bay Area reference, I actually thought that was Spice 1 on the skit cause I don't really know Bay Area artists that well

13. Picnic Caskets [Ft. Project Pat] 05:32

That Picnic Baskets/Caskets line is one of the iconic RBX lines of all time.  I used to have a friend named Nick back when Doggystyle dropped who came over for the weekend , and I remember those days friends would come over just to hear an album because there was no internet, that line been classic I got memories to it.

14. A Billi [Ft. Cold 187um] 03:34

Less memorable joint

15. Make 'Em Shiver (Interlude) [Ft. Tha Dogg Pound] 01:26

Ya'll got Kurupt on this and it was dope, but not sure why ya'll couldn't use more Kurupt or get that Daz part on here somehow, but it was a nice joint

16. Devils Deep [Ft. Fatlip] 03:05

One of the less memorable joints upon first listen through.  Maybe it's a slow burner.

17. Stoner Mac [Ft. M.O & Siavash The Grouch] 02:33

Dope how ya'll flipped that "Stoner Mac" catchphrase on this one. 

18. Gotham Funk 04:01

Would've liked a bit of a stronger finish to the album.  Ya'll hit heavy in the middle and then kind of just rode it out.  Thought ya'll could've delivered a knock out.

...Overall, it's a classic (relative to its era of 2024 releases) and I give ya'll major props on everything you did!   I listened through with no skips, and had to give it an encore listen Round 2 no skips and then "Memories" on repeat.

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #137 on: March 15, 2024, 07:56:46 AM »
Forgot to mention I noticed what Sccit was doing there was a moment at the beginning when Chuck D mispronounced Sccits name.  You know Chuck D is actually a radio DJ he did like college radio, so did Flava Flav, Flava Flav was like a great radio DJ and that's how he first got attention and met Chuck I think...

So anyway... Chuck mispronounces Sccit's name and then later in the album RBX is like "Sccit hit me up, don't mispronounce the name and we got things to do."  That helped the album come full circle I think that was the thinking on that, cause you could of cut out Chuck's mispronounce in the beginning of the album

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #138 on: March 15, 2024, 09:25:57 AM »
Yoooooo

Deeply appreciate the detailed reviews like that. Much love infinite

Oh and Devils Deep is definitely a slow burn. That song might be the deepest on the album and might be my favorite. Really listen to the lyrics on that one. That’s some real emcee shit there

Sccit

« Reply #139 on: March 15, 2024, 10:13:20 AM »
Forgot to mention I noticed what Sccit was doing there was a moment at the beginning when Chuck D mispronounced Sccits name.  You know Chuck D is actually a radio DJ he did like college radio, so did Flava Flav, Flava Flav was like a great radio DJ and that's how he first got attention and met Chuck I think...

So anyway... Chuck mispronounces Sccit's name and then later in the album RBX is like "Sccit hit me up, don't mispronounce the name and we got things to do."  That helped the album come full circle I think that was the thinking on that, cause you could of cut out Chuck's mispronounce in the beginning of the album

yea no doubt, not bein able to pronounce my name was a bit of a sub-theme on the album .. glad you caught that  8)

Dwax-187

« Reply #140 on: March 15, 2024, 12:28:49 PM »
Album is fire, been listening to it all week.  8)  Congrats Sccit and The Grouch and of course RBX.

I finally had a chance to blast it in the ride, shit bangs hard!  Lots of bass in there for the subs. 

Crooked I came through on the Shivers, one of my favourites. 

Favourites so far…
Intro (beat is awesome)
Midnight Drive - great beat and Eiht delivers
Regrets - like the sample
The Shivers - fire
The Moon - liking the theme and all the album tie ins with night
Devils Deep - sicc bluesy piano and flow
Nightstalker restalk - much prefer this beat over the original

Dwax-187

« Reply #141 on: March 15, 2024, 12:30:49 PM »
Just checked and didnt see it, on another note is this going to Itunes?  Just because I want on my phone.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #142 on: March 15, 2024, 01:23:59 PM »
yea no doubt, not bein able to pronounce my name was a bit of a sub-theme on the album .. glad you caught that  8)

yeah homie, I was impressed with the attention to detail and the little touches you put on the album.  It would've been easy to say, "yo, we got these big names these heavy hitters like Eiht and Ras Kass and Krazy Bone and RBX name on the album so we good".

but as with any album the only way to pick up on the little touches is to listen beginning to end with no skips if the listener ain't doin that they will miss it

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

Sccit

« Reply #143 on: March 15, 2024, 02:15:00 PM »
Just checked and didnt see it, on another note is this going to Itunes?  Just because I want on my phone.

it’s a CD and bandcamp digital exclusive for now

goes to Spotify, Itunes etc. at a later date

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #144 on: March 15, 2024, 11:06:13 PM »
1. Hibernation Shivers (Intro) 03:03

Dope intro holds it down, meets the standard

2. Lets Ride [Ft. Sccit & Klientel] 03:52

Solid opener to wet the appetite.

3.  Hibernation [Ft. Ras Kass] 03:19

These first few joints are like the appetizer.

4. Midnight Drive [Ft. MC Eiht & Sccit] 02:46

Now the waiter brings out the full meal.  I like MC Eiht alluding to some references only die hard West Coast fans would get he has about 3 of them in his verse like "Midnight Love" Rafeal, the fact that Sccit can spar with MC Eiht and hold his own is big

5. Ragin' Rod 1 (Skit) 00:23

Rod just woke up one day and decided he hated me some years ago.  I've always given him his props as an artists and once again he came through with a dope skit right here.  I'm not gonna hate even though he's a fuccin asshole

6. Regrets 03:34

Now the meal has been served and we eatin.   Love the title this is kind of the shit I felt RBX should be speaking on at this stage of his life and career.

7. Nightstalker [Ft. Krayzie Bone] 02:50

This is a banger and I love the little intro of "in 1984..." and settin the stage and Krayzie brings his A game, right away when he comes in you know this track is legit

8. The Shivers [Ft. Sccit & Crooked I] 03:05

Another banger, Sccit really shines on this and great use of Crooked I by Siavash how ya'll bring him in at the end like an outro

9. Memories [Ft. Smoov-E & Siavash The Grouch] 03:55

This is the highlight of the album for me.  And I know it was probably Siavash and Sccit that was the influence on this joint cause he even had a internet track back in the day called memories and so did Sccit on the dubcc compilation.  I remember that shit.  And I don't know who Smoov-E is but his style was perfect for the track.  The beat is infectious this is a joint you can put on repeat and roll one up.  Nice use of Siavash with the spoken word.

10. The Moon [Ft. Fatlip, Sccit & Butch Cassidy] 04:51

Dope cut, like I said we fully into the meal now.  Eatin the meat, now lickin the bones.  Is this the one where Sccit is using some religious/historical references like "Turkish delight"

11. Ragin' Rod 2 (Skit) 00:46

Nother Rod Skit?  I don't recall two of them, I know I liked the one he said "Jesus, and Moses" I thought that was a dope idea how ya'll kept it real and didn't try to front like ya'll still 20 years old or something like that.  Ya'll kept it real.

12. Don't Lie To Me [Ft. Spice 1] 03:12

Fuccin dope, and this is comin from some one who is not a big Bay Area music fan and even I loved this joint and love the way you used Spice One right after Rod's Bay Area reference, I actually thought that was Spice 1 on the skit cause I don't really know Bay Area artists that well

13. Picnic Caskets [Ft. Project Pat] 05:32

That Picnic Baskets/Caskets line is one of the iconic RBX lines of all time.  I used to have a friend named Nick back when Doggystyle dropped who came over for the weekend , and I remember those days friends would come over just to hear an album because there was no internet, that line been classic I got memories to it.

14. A Billi [Ft. Cold 187um] 03:34

Less memorable joint

15. Make 'Em Shiver (Interlude) [Ft. Tha Dogg Pound] 01:26

Ya'll got Kurupt on this and it was dope, but not sure why ya'll couldn't use more Kurupt or get that Daz part on here somehow, but it was a nice joint

16. Devils Deep [Ft. Fatlip] 03:05

One of the less memorable joints upon first listen through.  Maybe it's a slow burner.

17. Stoner Mac [Ft. M.O & Siavash The Grouch] 02:33

Dope how ya'll flipped that "Stoner Mac" catchphrase on this one. 

18. Gotham Funk 04:01

Would've liked a bit of a stronger finish to the album.  Ya'll hit heavy in the middle and then kind of just rode it out.  Thought ya'll could've delivered a knock out.

...Overall, it's a classic and I give ya'll major props on everything you did!   I listened through with no skips, and had to give it an encore listen Round 2 no skips and then "Memories" on repeat.

Wow!  You liked nearly every single song on this album and certified it a classic after 2 listens?  Amazing!  How's it hold up against the big albums from 96?  Does it sound like a mid 90's rap album that Suge would've executive produced back in the day?  I'm not sure even the classic Warren, 2Pac, and Dre albums you'd give a review like that to.  You definitely put this album on a very high pedestal.....Mr stuck in 96. 

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #145 on: March 16, 2024, 12:20:33 AM »
Wow!  You liked nearly every single song on this album and certified it a classic after 2 listens?  Amazing!  How's it hold up against the big albums from 96?  Does it sound like a mid 90's rap album that Suge would've executive produced back in the day?  I'm not sure even the classic Warren, 2Pac, and Dre albums you'd give a review like that to.  You definitely put this album on a very high pedestal.....Mr stuck in 96.

It’s not as good as GFunk Era, All Eyez On Me, Compton, and Chronic—but even Sccit and Siavash wouldn’t make that claim, so I’m not sure what point you are trying to make.

I was reviewing it in light of it being a new RBX album produced by Sccit and Saivash.  I wasn’t comparing it to PAC’s 7 Day Theory.

astra4322

« Reply #146 on: March 16, 2024, 02:07:37 AM »
I did enjoy TORPOR a lot and l’m really impressed with their efforts but comon guys word „classic” requires little more than that.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #147 on: March 16, 2024, 04:16:38 AM »
I did enjoy TORPOR a lot and l’m really impressed with their efforts but comon guys word „classic” requires little more than that.

alright fuccin hell fine I edited it out, happy now

Dwax-187

« Reply #148 on: March 16, 2024, 03:26:37 PM »

No doubt, I think classic is a badge of honour that comes with time, collectively.

Infinite did do a good of dissecting it. 

Sccit/Siavash have yall sent the album to other hiphopsites or music sites in general, for a review?

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #149 on: March 16, 2024, 04:13:23 PM »
One of the strengths of the album is how every guest artist brought their A-game. It speaks to how much respect everybody has for RBX that nobody went through the motions.

I love "A Billi" -- I'm an old school head and appreciate songs with three verses. This song is structured perfectly in that regard.

I hate to be that guy, but there's a typo on the back of the CD case. "Stoher Mac"  :D You guys were really stoned, weren't you lol.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.