Author Topic: RBX - HIBERNATION SHIVERS (Official Discussion)  (Read 6715 times)

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
Re: RBX - HIBERNATION SHIVERS (Official Discussion)
« Reply #150 on: March 16, 2024, 05:00:05 PM »
It’s not as good as GFunk Era, All Eyez On Me, Compton, and Chronic—but even Sccit and Siavash wouldn’t make that claim, so I’m not sure what point you are trying to make.

I was reviewing it in light of it being a new RBX album produced by Sccit and Saivash.  I wasn’t comparing it to PAC’s 7 Day Theory.

My point being is that you haven't liked any new music and are 'stuck in 96'.  Yet one of our members here works on an album, which clearly has more of a modern sound, and you review it as a classic with you liking nearly every single song.  Just seems a little....how do the kids say it, sus?

Don't get me wrong, major props to Sccit for doing that.  I'm not taking anything away from that accomplishment.  Something i could never do, amazing work and we should all try to support projects like this if we're feeling the music. 

But....let's also not set people up for disappointment by bigging this up like it's the second coming of doggystyle.  It's a cool little album, nice that RBX got his chance to shine again, he is much overlooked in history.  And neat that one of our own had some involvement in it.  But it's not something that's going to be in my regular rotation years from now like the classics are.  Again, though, opinions are different for everyone.  If you truly felt your review is accurate, and unbiased, that's great.  That's why i was asking for more clarification for your review to make sure it wasn't simply coming across as 'doing a favor for your homie' here by rating the album unbelievably high to try to increase sales, because that's how it initially read to me.  And the fact that you revised your initial review, removing the word 'classic', tells me that my inquiry into your review does have some merit.   

The following users thanked this post: Malcy, astra4322

Sccit

« Reply #151 on: March 16, 2024, 09:18:29 PM »
damn i see some haters in here … 2 cats who didn’t even listen to the album forced infinite to change him labeling it a classic

they put more energy into that than actually taking the time to check the music first

:dead:

And infinite, shame on you for cavin in to the peer pressure… we finally gave RBX his magnum opus. feel free to call that his classic wit ya chin up high instead of lettin these cats who didn’t even support it talk u outa your review

Sccit

« Reply #152 on: March 16, 2024, 09:30:55 PM »
No doubt, I think classic is a badge of honour that comes with time, collectively.

Infinite did do a good of dissecting it. 

Sccit/Siavash have yall sent the album to other hiphopsites or music sites in general, for a review?

we haven’t submitted it, but allhiphop called it a masterpiece

https://allhiphop.com/news/rbx-talks-energy-that-kicked-off-west-coast-east-coast-war-as-comeback-lp-arrives/

Dwax-187

« Reply #153 on: March 16, 2024, 10:18:35 PM »
Nice, good writeup  8)

I like the history of New York New York…

“I went to Snoop Dogg with the idea of a giant version of myself crushing buildings for my album back in ‘94,”

Classix

astra4322

« Reply #154 on: March 16, 2024, 10:21:38 PM »
It’s not hatred bro. One doesn’t need to listen to it to know that this is not a classic - not yet. I have no doubt that it’s masterpiece on the other hand.
Even Chronic needed more time to ba called classic so don’t expect RBX produced by you guys will chamge it.
RBX Files was, is, and will be his best album imo.

Sccit

« Reply #155 on: March 16, 2024, 10:28:52 PM »
It’s not hatred bro. One doesn’t need to listen to it to know that this is not a classic - not yet. I have no doubt that it’s masterpiece on the other hand.
Even Chronic needed more time to ba called classic so don’t expect RBX produced by you guys will chamge it.
RBX Files was, is, and will be his best album imo.

but that was infinites raw reaction in real time. and others have said the same .. classic is subjective .. that’s what he felt and u can’t tell someone what to feel personally .. especially regarding something u didn’t listen to

what might be classic to u may be shit to someone else .. the definition of classic can vary from person to person

Dwax-187

« Reply #156 on: March 16, 2024, 10:32:46 PM »
Sccit

Can you break down your verse in The Moon?  This is one if my favourites… turkish delight and the masia (probably not pronuncing it right).  The moon resets the first of the month? 

Concept? Meaning?  Influence?

Sccit

« Reply #157 on: March 16, 2024, 10:53:01 PM »
Sccit

Can you break down your verse in The Moon?  This is one if my favourites… turkish delight and the masia (probably not pronuncing it right).  The moon resets the first of the month? 

Concept? Meaning?  Influence?

glad u asked

in the Gregorian calendar the months are arbitrary, however in Judaism the moon holds a deeper meaning as its responsible for bringing in the new month.. so every 1st of the month is ushered in with a new moon. which also gives us a chance to start fresh on rosh chodesh (the 1st), as the renewal of a moon coincides with the renewal of ones energy.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosh_Chodesh

The following users thanked this post: Dwax-187

topdogg188

« Reply #158 on: March 17, 2024, 03:12:56 AM »
I like the album I’ve listened to it 4 times now since Friday and about to bump it againIt’s really good and the mastering is brilliant the way it sounds on my Fiio M7. To me it’s an album you can play from start to finish with no skips. Befoe, I  listened to the three singles on YouTube whilst working at home and on the PC speakers and they sound completely different to me with headphones on now and sound so much better, I always like it when you hear new things you didn’t realise were on there. Well done guys on a great album.

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #159 on: March 17, 2024, 10:52:57 AM »
damn i see some haters in here … 2 cats who didn’t even listen to the album forced infinite to change him labeling it a classic

they put more energy into that than actually taking the time to check the music first

:dead:

And infinite, shame on you for cavin in to the peer pressure… we finally gave RBX his magnum opus. feel free to call that his classic wit ya chin up high instead of lettin these cats who didn’t even support it talk u outa your review

Okay, I fixed it again
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #160 on: March 17, 2024, 10:55:49 AM »
glad u asked

in the Gregorian calendar the months are arbitrary, however in Judaism the moon holds a deeper meaning as its responsible for bringing in the new month.. so every 1st of the month is ushered in with a new moon. which also gives us a chance to start fresh on rosh chodesh (the 1st), as the renewal of a moon coincides with the renewal of ones energy.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosh_Chodesh

Same thing with Islam following the Lunar Calendar.  For example, it is Ramadan now and the month of Ramadan is a lunar month it starts with the new moon, full moon in the middle of the month day 15 and then disapearing moon at the end of the month day 30

...so anyway I mostly got where you were going with the verse but I thought the Turkish thing was maybe like mentioning how Palestine had changed hands over the centuries but I was just vibing not like analyzing the lyrics like that and I've only had 2 full listens front to back no skips so don't bust my balls if I was way off

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #161 on: March 17, 2024, 10:57:44 AM »
I like the album I’ve listened to it 4 times now since Friday and about to bump it againIt’s really good and the mastering is brilliant the way it sounds on my Fiio M7. To me it’s an album you can play from start to finish with no skips. Befoe, I  listened to the three singles on YouTube whilst working at home and on the PC speakers and they sound completely different to me with headphones on now and sound so much better, I always like it when you hear new things you didn’t realise were on there. Well done guys on a great album.

Nice review, yeah, I'm overseas in the Arab Gulf so I only have the digital copy for now, I know last time ya'll had it mastered by Big Bass Garnder with Torpor, the quality on this one with production, mix, mastering seemed top notch, well done

Sccit

« Reply #162 on: March 17, 2024, 11:27:26 AM »
Same thing with Islam following the Lunar Calendar.  For example, it is Ramadan now and the month of Ramadan is a lunar month it starts with the new moon, full moon in the middle of the month day 15 and then disapearing moon at the end of the month day 30

...so anyway I mostly got where you were going with the verse but I thought the Turkish thing was maybe like mentioning how Palestine had changed hands over the centuries but I was just vibing not like analyzing the lyrics like that and I've only had 2 full listens front to back no skips so don't bust my balls if I was way off

:hmmm:

yea no doubt …. Islam is a branch off of Judaism, so makes sense

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #163 on: March 17, 2024, 12:07:31 PM »
yea no doubt …. Islam is a branch off of Judaism, so makes sense

^^ I see what you did there ^^  ;)

The Predator

« Reply #164 on: March 18, 2024, 03:12:04 AM »
Worldstar!