Author Topic: How To Classify G-Funk Era From It's Birth To Today  (Read 896 times)

astra4322

Re: How To Classify G-Funk Era From It's Birth To Today
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2023, 04:06:10 AM »
It wasn't G-Funk.

Even "The Chronic" had only couple G-Funk Songs.

Yes, The Chronic.

Agree on that. Classic but not 100% g funk album like Tha Twinz or Lil 1/2 Dead first albums.

The following users thanked this post: Dee Tha AK

abusive

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2023, 05:59:05 AM »
you don't need to get offended. i appriciate you to contribute to the thread. yeah for sure i'm asking your opinion but like Dee Tha AK have right to agree with you i have right not to agree with you.

g-funk can not be limitted with one type of element like whistle lead. it is far beyond that to me.
Me not offended. I also don't have a problem with you disagreeing but it sounds like you are stating your opinion of what G-Funk is as fact.
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

abusive

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2023, 06:03:04 AM »
G-Funk is west coast gangsta rap with funk elements … that extends far past whistle synths. simple science.
I'm sure there are plenty of songs that fit into that definition prior to Black Mafia Life. You might want to rethink your stance.

Sccit

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2023, 07:14:09 AM »
I'm sure there are plenty of songs that fit into that definition prior to Black Mafia Life. You might want to rethink your stance.

yes.. there were songs that contained hints of g-funk before the term g-funk was coined

black mafia life came out in 93.. there was definitely g-funk well before that

your claim of “regulate” not being a g-funk song is not a matter of opinion.. it’s flat out wrong

Jay_J

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2023, 08:37:45 AM »

yes.. there were songs that contained hints of g-funk before the term g-funk was coined

black mafia life came out in 93.. there was definitely g-funk well before that

your claim of “regulate” not being a g-funk song is not a matter of opinion.. it’s flat out wrong

black mafia life was finished and ready to be released before chronic came out but somehow death row records delayed that project  8)

so we can easily say that black mafia life is the first g-funk album recorded and first record that g-funk defination used in lyrics.

Jay_J

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2023, 08:39:03 AM »
Me not offended. I also don't have a problem with you disagreeing but it sounds like you are stating your opinion of what G-Funk is as fact.

no i'm not stating. i'm trying to have brain storm here all together to have a common statement at the end which most people agree.

The following users thanked this post: abusive

Sccit

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2023, 10:14:34 AM »
black mafia life was finished and ready to be released before chronic came out but somehow death row records delayed that project  8)

so we can easily say that black mafia life is the first g-funk album recorded and first record that g-funk defination used in lyrics.

not at all.. albums before black mafia life clearly had g-funk elements. efil4zaggin undeniably, amongst others.

b.laden

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2023, 12:21:29 PM »
Dre and Quik are legends but in my
opinion, Daz and Cold187 created a new original sound. their music is not only funk music over gangsta lyrics.  Dogg Pound, Time Will reveal, forever rich thugs are modern music and not only 70's or 80's Funky music  like Quik, Ant banks etc..
The chronic  a bit different  ,first quality is the very violent music over jazzy funk bass and beats.
so i identify 2 diff groups

Jay_J

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2023, 01:09:57 PM »

not at all.. albums before black mafia life clearly had g-funk elements. efil4zaggin undeniably, amongst others.

yes but they didnt even know it was g funk. it was just coincidence.

above the law is the first artist/band invented it and called it g-funk but as i said somehow death row's boss decided to delay release date. hmmm who was boss of death row those days? :)

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2023, 02:04:49 PM »
"BML">"Chronic"

Realized Yeaaaars later.

Sccit

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2023, 03:47:55 PM »
yes but they didnt even know it was g funk. it was just coincidence.

above the law is the first artist/band invented it and called it g-funk but as i said somehow death row's boss decided to delay release date. hmmm who was boss of death row those days? :)

there’s a dispute between hutch and dre about that

abusive

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2023, 05:21:37 PM »

I think you're mistaken about that. I'm pretty sure Dre has give Hutch his props for creating the sound.

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2023, 07:50:12 PM »
I think you're mistaken about that. I'm pretty sure Dre has give Hutch his props for creating the sound.

Didn't Cold187um Hutch do something on wack azz "Compton" album?

Sccit

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2023, 10:33:00 PM »

as far as i know, never has dre credited hutch for creating the sound

hutch is the only one i’ve heard makin noise bout it

Jay_J

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2023, 02:23:05 AM »

no dispute. watch g-funk documentary, they give hutch their flowers, i mean all g-funk architects agree on that.

first of all hutch is the one who call it "g-funk" term.