Author Topic: DEATH ROW RELEASES WILL BE BACK ON SPOTIFY SOON  (Read 593 times)

astra4322

Re: DEATH ROW RELEASES WILL BE BACK ON SPOTIFY SOON
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2023, 02:12:08 AM »
They’re on Apple Music.  Gridlocked sound track as well

Only Daz is missing.

Tony Trey

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2023, 06:27:00 AM »
Only Daz is missing.

I seem to remember Daz saying something last year on his Instagram about him applying for copyright reversion or something of that nature, so he could get all his rights back to his albums.  I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT:  Found it.  Seems like Daz has hired an attorney to help him get his copyrights back.  If it works out, good for him.  Artists should control their art.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2023, 06:37:47 AM by Tony Trey »

The following users thanked this post: dnjp4life, astra4322

astra4322

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2023, 06:54:26 AM »
I seem to remember Daz saying something last year on his Instagram about him applying for copyright reversion or something of that nature, so he could get all his rights back to his albums.  I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT:  Found it.  Seems like Daz has hired an attorney to help him get his copyrights back.  If it works out, good for him.  Artists should control their art.

So we won't have RRAGB on streaming platforms...

Tony Trey

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2023, 07:05:48 AM »
So we won't have RRAGB on streaming platforms...

I think the more likely result is Daz eventually gets his copyright back, he licenses it to streaming platforms himself, and he collects all the proceeds.  I don't think Daz would be fighting this hard to get his music back to NOT make money off of it.

astra4322

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2023, 07:18:31 AM »
I think the more likely result is Daz eventually gets his copyright back, he licenses it to streaming platforms himself, and he collects all the proceeds.  I don't think Daz would be fighting this hard to get his music back to NOT make money off of it.

Good job with digging in past with this file - thanks. This way or another we won't see it on streaming platforms soon.

astra4322

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2023, 09:30:59 AM »
Murder Was The Case has remix of Danny Boy song instead of regular version :grumpy:

dnjp4life

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2023, 12:35:25 PM »
I’m assuming that most here own the vast majority of releases from Death Row Records on CD or vinyl?

I know there’s the convenience of these streaming platforms meaning you can listen anytime, anywhere, but if these releases get pulled like they have done, and if they’re put back missing certain songs or albums and/or the sound quality isn’t all that, then I’ll stick to listening to these classics on CD thank you very much.

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

Tony Trey

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2023, 06:57:03 PM »
I’m assuming that most here own the vast majority of releases from Death Row Records on CD or vinyl?

I know there’s the convenience of these streaming platforms meaning you can listen anytime, anywhere, but if these releases get pulled like they have done, and if they’re put back missing certain songs or albums and/or the sound quality isn’t all that, then I’ll stick to listening to these classics on CD thank you very much.

Trust me, I would still be playing all these on CD if my new car actually included a CD player. They're getting phased out of new models. I used my old USB CD/DVD drive to manually rip my entire CD collection to FLAC and put them all on a hard drive to plug it into my car.

astra4322

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2023, 05:45:03 AM »
I wonder what is the deal with sime DR rekeases on apple music like LBC Crew OFTB from On The Low records? Now we have two editions one from DR and second from them.