Author Topic: Rip to Lay Law  (Read 405 times)

romson19

Rip to Lay Law
« on: January 12, 2023, 08:21:20 AM »
Damnnn RIP OG
RIP Nate Dogg
RIP Nipsey Hussle
RIP Bad Azz

doggfather

Re: Rip to Lay Law
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2023, 08:49:04 AM »
Rip
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

killagee

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2023, 10:44:48 AM »
RIP

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2023, 01:18:30 PM »
RIP OG Laylaw

MakCorleone

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2023, 04:34:37 PM »
RIP OG

Sccit

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2023, 11:00:02 PM »
RIP

Hiphopscanner.com

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2023, 11:19:35 PM »
RIP, classic time indeed.

The Predator

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2023, 09:35:29 AM »
Ahh man, he was a dope producer.

EXCLUSIVE: Ruthless Records’ Producer Laylaw, Who Worked With N.W.A, Above The Law & More, Has Died

Ruthless Records producer Larry Goodman, better known as Laylaw, has died. Compton’s Most Wanted rapper Tha Chill confirmed the news on Thursday (January 12) with an Instagram post that read simply: “R.I.P. @laylaw_og_nwa_gone miss you BIG BRO. #NWA #ABOVETHELAW.”

Snoop Dogg was among the first to hop in the comments, writing, “Damn.” Many of Laylaw’s West Coast peers chimed in as well, including Rifleman and Uncle Jamm’s Army.

“I don’t want to be the first to speak on his personal business, but I will say he had some complications he was dealing with and it got the best of him,” Tha Chill tells AllHipHop. He was a great friend of 30 years plus, and he will be missed.”

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by THA CHILL @boomdoczproductions (@thachillcmw)

Tha Chill follow-up with a second Instagram photo featuring Eazy-E, KMG, Laylaw and several others. He wrote in the caption: “KMG R.I.P. EAZY E R.I.P. LAY LAW R.I.P. MAN MY FOLKS IS DIEN LEFT AND RIGHT TELLING A PERSON THAT YOU LOVE YHEM ANIT EVEN GOOD ENOUGH THESE DAYS.

“ALL I CAN SAY IS, IT GOTTA BE BETTER UP THERE THEN IT IS DOWN HERE. Rest in peace to my homies.” Tha Chill’s photo caught the attention of Eazy-E’s son, Lil Eazy-E, who left a series of prayer emojis.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by THA CHILL @boomdoczproductions (@thachillcmw)

Eerily enough, Laylaw’s last Instagram post, dated December 13, 2022, was for a friend’s funeral. Now, people are flocking to the post to send their condolences.

Laylaw began his career as a solo artist. In the mid-80s, he released two electro singles on his own label, Rolex Records: the Dr. Dre-produced “Monster Rapping” (1985) and “What’s Your Name” (1986). Goodman ultimately followed Dr. Dre to Ruthless, where he worked as a producer with Above The Law, N.W.A and more. In 1993, Goodman collaborated with 2Pac on the album Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z. and later produced the remix of “California Love” (without credit). AllHipHop sends its condolences to his loved ones.

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2023, 08:31:56 PM »

dnjp4life

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2023, 09:55:45 AM »
I’ve never known too much about him other than his association with Above The Law, and you often hear him given shout outs on a lot of the early albums on Ruthless Records.

He was obviously well-connected and respected, and clearly played a pivotal role in the early success of Ruthless Records. I remember reading a while back that he had production credit on the California Love remix, so he also had a hand in the greatest album of all time.

RIP Laylaw.

Jay_J

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2023, 11:42:35 AM »
anybody knows how did he die?

Teddy Loc

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2023, 06:30:43 PM »
R.I.P.
#NoDoubt

Okka

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2023, 02:06:51 AM »
"The Lawhouse Experience Vol. 1" is a classic compilation! R.I.P.

The following users thanked this post: Marco, Dee Tha AK

The Predator

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2023, 07:31:00 AM »
He hooked Yo-Yo up with her best song 'Westside Story', that beat was gangsta and the scratched in Cube chorus kills.

Really Doe and 2 N Morning g-funk beats for Cube are also some of his finest work.

The following users thanked this post: Marco

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2023, 07:34:04 AM »
"The Lawhouse Experience Vol. 1" is a classic compilation! R.I.P.

Yep

The following users thanked this post: Okka