Author Topic: Lush On DJ Quik Ghost Producing 'In Da Club' For 50 Cent  (Read 437 times)

Sccit

Re: Lush On DJ Quik Ghost Producing 'In Da Club' For 50 Cent
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2023, 03:29:15 PM »
At this point I just want to know why they sound so similar.

what sounds similar

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2023, 08:41:23 AM »

what sounds similar

Fandango and In Da Club.

Personally, I don't think they sound similar.  Fandango sounds like brass to me, In Da Club like strings.  I guess people notice the tambourine on both.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Sccit

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2023, 12:43:47 PM »
Fandango and In Da Club.

Personally, I don't think they sound similar.  Fandango sounds like brass to me, In Da Club like strings.  I guess people notice the tambourine on both.

yea they’re overall much different .. the slight similarity there is the orchestra feel

which was a staple of dre’s sound during that era

and quik was known to mimic dre’s sound from time to time, so seems to me like he tried to come wit an orchestra style beat ala dre and the result was fandango

he always looked up to dre and has made that clear in so many ways

The following users thanked this post: Okka