Author Topic: BG Knocc Out & Dresta - Real Brothas (Source review)  (Read 2340 times)

tnp

BG Knocc Out & Dresta - Real Brothas (Source review)
« on: May 19, 2003, 11:26:36 AM »
BG Knocc Out & Dresta - Real Brothas
October 1995 issue
2 1/2 mics

Many consider "Real Compton G's" one of the late Eazy E's tighter tracks as a solo artist, which featured BG Knocc Out and Dresta. With last year's surge of gangsta rappers, BG Knocc Out and Dresta just may happen to be victims of circumstance by coming out too late, because the quality of production on this album just will not compete with the phat ass tracks that are coming from hip-hop labs coast to coast. On the album's downside are too many up-tempo tracks that just don't hit. On the flip side, the good cuts are the mid-tempo and slow paced tracks that allow for the Compton duo to break the mic off something proper and give you a chance to check the flow. "Jealousy" is one of those mid-tempo tracks that will move you as you feel the vibe of a live band getting busy with pure funk. "BG Knocc Out" is a very slow paced track that displays the skills that got the two noticed from the jump. The track is basic, but lyrically, they take it over the top. "Mic Checc" is another cool track that allows for these brothas to rip the mic to pieces as they make it known that they aren't to be fucked with. "DPG Killa" is good, but could be better as they keep the rivalry with Tha Dogg Pound going by dissing every member in the Pound from Dre to Snoop.

In order to carve their niche, BG Knocc Out and Dresta need to refrain from over used samples and strive for originality. Their potential as MCs is evident, but this album won't have a long life because the beats are played. Real Brothas does give you a tast of flow, but over all it still falls short.

review by Wesley K. Marshall

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
Re:BG Knocc Out & Dresta - Real Brothas (Source review)
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2003, 12:01:53 PM »
Thanks 4 typin' this...I've never read it.  Damn, they really shitted on this one.

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2003, 07:47:52 PM »
Dieter....it's your turn----what's your thoughts on this shitty review?

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2003, 12:56:20 PM »
wow they didnt like this....... i love this cd BG Knocc Outs so dam tite lol but id give this atleast a 3 1/2 MAYBE even a 4

40oz GRApHire

• Funk Doctor
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • PS: I'm still a Buddhist :)
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2003, 10:29:05 AM »
Dieter....it's your turn----what's your thoughts on this shitty review?

Tss Wesley K. Marshall is a fool who has no feeling for production, I think its a dope production something their beloved Eastcoast is missing!!! They best get their rating right looking back like they did with the Kronik and alot of other westcoast classics...

The source is run'd by some BYATCHES!  >:(
40oz Graphire

Hack Wilson - real

Re: BG Knocc Out & Dresta - Real Brothas (Source review)
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 01:28:07 PM »
it was a decent listen

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: BG Knocc Out & Dresta - Real Brothas (Source review)
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 01:41:09 PM »
the album was dope couldn't take the source serious as far as ratin' west coast albums they even gave safe & sound 3 mics.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.