Author Topic: What was your first impression of 2pac’s 7 Day Theory album??  (Read 274 times)

Sccit

Re: What was your first impression of 2pac’s 7 Day Theory album??
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2023, 05:07:42 AM »
its kind of interesting that the 7 Day Theory track "Hail Mary" got more radio play in NYC than any of the tracks on AEOM...the DJs here were riding with Biggie during the height of the East/West war but once Pac passed they started to play more of his music

makes sense.. east coast cock gobbling never stops. grammys just had a huge hip hop tribute performance with a bunch of artists on stage and only Ice-T was there to represent LA amongst dozens of east coast rappers.

doggfather

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2023, 05:53:45 AM »
Can you even remember where you were when you heard that planes crashed into the World Trade Center?

crystal clear!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Rubinho

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2023, 01:27:48 PM »
I was only just 7 and since Im from Europe, English is not my primary language. I only got into rap in 97/98 and I kept renting 2pac albums from the local library. As I couldn't understand half the lines he rapped, me too didnt realise what a gem it really was.

Btw, getting into west coast rap at an early age really helped me learn English ;D

The following users thanked this post: Duckasuckin

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2023, 02:39:01 AM »
I was only just 7 and since Im from Europe, English is not my primary language. I only got into rap in 97/98 and I kept renting 2pac albums from the local library. As I couldn't understand half the lines he rapped, me too didnt realise what a gem it really was.

Btw, getting into west coast rap at an early age really helped me learn English ;D

"Jewels being handed to an innocent child" (Blsphm)

Yeh Hip-Hop helped me learn english too

My start was

"Me & My Girlfriend "

HighEyeCue

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2023, 05:16:30 AM »

makes sense.. east coast cock gobbling never stops. grammys just had a huge hip hop tribute performance with a bunch of artists on stage and only Ice-T was there to represent LA amongst dozens of east coast rappers.

yeah I saw that...weren't the Grammys in LA? Its not like they couldn't get some more representation :-\

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2023, 09:23:56 AM »
its kind of interesting that the 7 Day Theory track "Hail Mary" got more radio play in NYC than any of the tracks on AEOM...the DJs here were riding with Biggie during the height of the East/West war but once Pac passed they started to play more of his music

That’s dope though that “Hail Mary” got bumped there after Pac passed.  Show what a legend he is and the kind of reach he had.  The song was bigger than the Coast, the beef, than anything. 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2023, 11:48:29 AM »
yeah I saw that...weren't the Grammys in LA? Its not like they couldn't get some more representation :-\

probably some bitter NY head put the whole thing together

EAZY-LI

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2023, 02:55:52 AM »

I heard ice cube turned it down
The Boyz N Tha Hood Are Always Hard
But Some Times The Boyz Leave Tha Hood
And Roll With God....

Rest In Peace Eric (Eazy-E) Wright
1964-1995

doggfather

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2023, 03:14:27 AM »

probably some bitter NY head put the whole thing together

It was questlove from the roots
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sccit

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2023, 12:17:20 AM »

makes sense

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2023, 03:16:01 AM »

Questlove is a phony I don't care what anyone says.  isn't he the dude that's on Jimmy Kimmel or some late night show telling everyone to get vaxxed and take their booster?? 

And people take the Roots as some holy grail of conscious hip-hop I was never a fan.  I liked one track they ever did and they didn't really do much on it it was Kenny Chesney "The Seed" that's the one and only thing they ever did that I liked
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

heyyou

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2023, 03:01:29 AM »
When I first heard Makaveli, I couldn't quite get my head around it.
It sounded so different to what i've heard before with the unique production style.
I still have difficulty trying to work out where the album should be listened to.
It's not really for the clubs to dance to (bar 1/2 track) and it's not really to ride too either (bar 1/2 track). I find myself listening it through my earphones chilling out.

Having said that, it definitely grew on me and became one of my favourite 2Pac albums. It's very well put together, cohesive sound and flows excellently (eerie and war-type vibe), just about the right length of time too.
The only downside is I sometime find it difficult to understand some of the words (sloppy delivery), other than that, it's a personal classic

The following users thanked this post: dnjp4life