Author Topic: New Version of Dre's "The Watcher" used in new Creed 3 movie released this weeke  (Read 334 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Stallone was one of my first heroes in life (along with He-Man, Hulk Hogan, and Rainbow Brite).  So I was conflicted on whether or not to see this movie.

A) Show loyalty to Stallone and don't see the movie because Stallone is not in the movie and he has a beef with the owner of the franchise.

B) Show loyalty to the franchise and carry on the tradition of seeing all Rocky movies immediately upon their release since 1987

...Ultimately I'm bored and have no friends--so I went ahead and saw the movie.  I don't like Michael B. Jordan so I cheered for the bad guy in the movie.  He was like a MR. T/Clubber Lang type character fresh out of prison so it worked.

It's not better than any of the Stallone movies and probably the worst in the franchise (because it didn't have Stallone) but still it wasn't a waste of money and I enjoyed the movie.

ALSO DRE FANS WILL BE HAPPY.. "THE WATCHER" Dre Production is featured throughout the movie both the O.G. track and then the remixed beat that was used on Gay-Z's album (but it didn't have Rakim some other rappers were on it I didn't recognize, maybe someone new)

« Last Edit: March 05, 2023, 12:53:40 AM by TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96' »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Dwax-187

Nice… opera big orchestra beat version of the classic Watcher! Thanks for posting.

Dee Tha AK

That track is good

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Nice… opera big orchestra beat version of the classic Watcher! Thanks for posting.

Right.. I was pleasantly surprised.  Because a lot of reviews I saw were complaining about the soundtrack/training montage/score of Creed 3 and what Bill Conti did in the original Rocky's is legendary.  So I was expecting the worst... and then they hit me with Dr. Dre and I was like, "okay, that'll work!!"  Can't go wrong with Dre

Apparantly they are homies as well.  Michael B. Jordan gave Dre a private screening at Dre's crib before the movie came out.

Dee Tha AK

"I ain't a thug, how much 2pac in you got" Dr. Dre

Zeccy

"I ain't a thug, how much 2pac in you got" Dr. Dre

What does it mean? Can someone explain it please

mtbsm

my personal understanding has always been that he was saying he wasn't a thug and asking the listener how much 2pac they themselves have in them

tempo2

yeah his pretty much saying he isnt a thug but neither are the people who are saying that towards him

Dee Tha AK

What does it mean? Can someone explain it please

He means he ain't a thug but still holds weight in rap