Author Topic: DJ QUIK | Ep 173 | ALL THE SMOKE Full Episode | SHOWTIME Basketball  (Read 250 times)

abusive

No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

The following users thanked this post: MakCorleone

MakCorleone

Re: DJ QUIK | Ep 173 | ALL THE SMOKE Full Episode | SHOWTIME Basketball
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2023, 02:47:32 AM »
We were crying over short 20 minutes albums and now we will be getting only singles  :'( Mack 10, Quik,
The game has changed, not really worth all the hard work if your a real musician like Quik to put a full lenght album and make 100k or less in these days.
Ive heard streaming dont pay that good.

astra4322

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2023, 03:20:58 AM »
I've got a feeling the only reason these days they putting out this craop only to earn a pack of cigarettes.

-Davizz-

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2023, 07:43:23 AM »
Looking forward for DJ Quik's new album
10 tracks
Only feat. 2nd II None and AMG
He said it has his trademark sound, but no more pitch voice (I hope he's going to rap like in "I Don't Wanna Party Wit U")
Let's see, he never disappointed to me... it's been a long time since "The Midnight Life", hopefully he still knows how to do it
I have the impression he worked also with G-One and Rob "Fonksta" Bacon on this

astra4322

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2023, 08:26:56 AM »
10 tracks
He said it has his trademark sound, but no more pitch voice (I hope he's going to rap like in "I Don't Wanna Party Wit U")
Let's see, he never disappointed to me... it's been a long time since "The Midnight Life", hopefully he still knows how to do it

How you know it will have 10 tracks.

-Davizz-

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2023, 12:28:48 PM »
Just listen to the interview, he talks about the album a couple of times.
He also said the title but I didn't get it.

The following users thanked this post: abusive, astra4322

abusive

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2023, 02:56:55 PM »
Just listen to the interview, he talks about the album a couple of times.
He also said the title but I didn't get it.
[/quote
Isn't that the same guy who said he's tired of hearing "old stories" aka music history? The same guy who was whining about the Mac-10 interview, which was great? Mods, ban that demonic troll.  ;D

MakCorleone

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2023, 03:10:32 PM »
10 tracks
He said no features.
I wished he would do music with 2nd II None, Auga Free, AMG, Hi-C, Playa Hamm, Tweed Cadillac (a PPC reunion), El DeBarge & Raphael Saadiq, also The Game and always wondered how would MC Ren sound on Quik beat.
I hope he did music with G-One & Robert Bacon, wasnt really feeling his last album Midnight Life.

-Davizz-

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2023, 08:11:26 AM »
He said no features but then he added "except for 220 and AMG", but we will see..

abusive

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2023, 09:16:07 AM »
He said no features.
I wished he would do music with 2nd II None, Auga Free, AMG, Hi-C, Playa Hamm, Tweed Cadillac (a PPC reunion), El DeBarge & Raphael Saadiq, also The Game and always wondered how would MC Ren sound on Quik beat.
I hope he did music with G-One & Robert Bacon, wasnt really feeling his last album Midnight Life.
That's the problem I have with him and Dre. They should be pumping out new music regularly from old school and especially new school west coast acts. the West should be UP right now the same way the South is with those two prolific producer's on top.