Author Topic: The Underdog Producer Who Is Stuck In Dr. Dre's Shadow  (Read 211 times)

abusive

The Underdog Producer Who Is Stuck In Dr. Dre's Shadow
« on: March 17, 2023, 03:20:08 PM »
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

Zeccy

Re: The Underdog Producer Who Is Stuck In Dr. Dre's Shadow
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2023, 09:46:07 PM »
Dude is overrated

Dwax-187

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2023, 07:10:51 PM »
I dont like this video at all and it stinks like low rated journalism.  Ive seen too many discussions on Dj Quik over the years…

How do you measure success?  If I was going pound for pound with other producers Id look at the charts for some math.

How many too 100 hits has Dr Dre produced, same with Neptunes, then Pharrell, Just Blaze, and of course Timbaland. 

How many solo records did you sell?  Trauma was a classic - I don't think it ever crossed over to having top hits or selling at all.

Sounds like this video is more about Quik feeling underrated and under appreciated. I dont agree with either.  If he didnt get paid or credited properly after 30 years in the biz, whos fault is that?  If he sold a beat or drums or a synth sequence… learn your numbers and negotiate.

By the way, where is Scott Storch these dayz?!

The following users thanked this post: abusive

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2023, 02:55:55 AM »
Quik was never under Dre's Shadow..smh

heisenberg

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2023, 06:59:36 AM »
different day same shit, again and again aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand again

The following users thanked this post: Malcy

astra4322

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2023, 07:31:19 AM »
different day same shit, again and again aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand again

Yeah, thanks to abusive we will get this boring info everyday.

abusive

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2023, 09:59:39 AM »
I dont like this video at all and it stinks like low rated journalism.  Ive seen too many discussions on Dj Quik over the years…

How do you measure success?  If I was going pound for pound with other producers Id look at the charts for some math.

How many too 100 hits has Dr Dre produced, same with Neptunes, then Pharrell, Just Blaze, and of course Timbaland. 

How many solo records did you sell?  Trauma was a classic - I don't think it ever crossed over to having top hits or selling at all.

Sounds like this video is more about Quik feeling underrated and under appreciated. I dont agree with either.  If he didnt get paid or credited properly after 30 years in the biz, whos fault is that?  If he sold a beat or drums or a synth sequence… learn your numbers and negotiate.

By the way, where is Scott Storch these dayz?!
Scott made a comeback a few years ago. He was saying he was sober, he did some tracks with some big named artist and some interviews. I stopped hearing from him after that.

abusive

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2023, 10:00:19 AM »
Yeah, thanks to abusive we will get this boring info everyday.
Posting actual content > whining.  ;D ;D