Author Topic: Jay Worthy on Joint Album w/ Kamaiyah, Rolling w/ Suge Knight, & Being Discovere  (Read 116 times)

doggfather

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

soopa-man

I really think dude is plugged or just paying some over the top money, how his flow and subject matter got him a album with so many dope producers and counting is just insane… I really wanted to enjoy the album with Muggs and damn a album with Dam Funk and another with Kokane… just the flow and everything that is needed will be underwhelming.. he is like the West Coast French Montana dope beats and surrounded by talent but has none himself

The following users thanked this post: Duckasuckin

Duckasuckin

Yea, dude is definitively lacking in talent. It’s hard for me to tolerate a track featuring him.

h2k4

I enjoy his music but it's nothing great. He pushes out too many projects that they are starting to just blend together. G Perico suffers from the same thing.

abusive

I enjoy his music but it's nothing great. He pushes out too many projects that they are starting to just blend together. G Perico suffers from the same thing.
They literally have to or they'll be forgotten. There are too many other artist and other forms of entertainment to compete with now. No time to try and take time putting together a solid project. That's why alot of artist don't even write lyrics and why time isnt even spent on mixing and mastering. Plus you don't even know if it will sale so what's what's the point of giving it your all? Just throw something together as quick as possible and put it out. Rinse and repeat. The public will accept anything. They don't care if the rapper is off beat, songs aren't in the right key or if what's being said even makes sense. lol
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

Young Old Head

I feel the same way about Perico, but it's a bit different with Worthy: he usually takes his time with projects, usually got nice features, artwork always fly, mixing & mastering on point too. + I like his 1 project 1 producer approach and the fact that he's starting to mix his shit up a little: started singing hooks, sounded sharper on his last couple of projects ('specially his last Harry Fraud and DJ Muggs albums) and always keeps it West Coast af  8)

Cash Money Blood Gang

h2k4

I feel the same way about Perico, but it's a bit different with Worthy: he usually takes his time with projects, usually got nice features, artwork always fly, mixing & mastering on point too. + I like his 1 project 1 producer approach and the fact that he's starting to mix his shit up a little: started singing hooks, sounded sharper on his last couple of projects ('specially his last Harry Fraud and DJ Muggs albums) and always keeps it West Coast af  8)

I agree with the one producer approach. I just wish he would let each project breathe a little more but I guess this current climate of fans doesn't allow for that.

Young Old Head

I agree with the one producer approach. I just wish he would let each project breathe a little more but I guess this current climate of fans doesn't allow for that.

Yeah, he dropped a lot between 2018 and 2022. No new project since last year though, so enough time to revisit his catalog

Cash Money Blood Gang