Author Topic: Rampage 1997 album better than Westmore/Kings Disease or any new music  (Read 179 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
While ya’ll were trying to pretend like Mount Westmore was dope I just dug up another gem 💎 from the golden age.  Of course you all will now play that game like as if you had an infinite money supply in the mid-90’s and copped every record when it dropped and Infinite is a dumbass who doesn’t know shit about rap…

But without further ado here is yet another artist and album that I promise is better than Westmore and more worth your time then waiting for the next Nas album or even worse a new 20 year old rapper in skinny jeans…

Rampage - Scout’s Honor (gold album from gold era)

First his greatest feature, this will blow your mind if you never heard

Then something from his solo joint

You won’t find anything better these days you have a better chance digging in the golden era!

« Last Edit: April 29, 2023, 03:01:20 PM by TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96' »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

heisenberg

that topic doesnt make any sense once again

• Muthafuckin' Don!
that topic doesnt make any sense once again

I’m trying to open headz minds beyond just the fiction that is linear time.  It’s a concept humans invented to organize themselves that one perception follows another and therefore they think time is linear, but God’s time is all one.

They should go wherever the best music is.  Whether that’s 23’ or 96’ or 1929—it should be about finding get music to listen to.

We all know that rap is not what it used to be—and that there was a golden era that came before.  Not only that but we did not have access to free music back then so it’s impossible that you heard every album from the golden era—there is a treasure of great music there still laying in plain site just waiting to be found.

Rampage 97’ album has the dumbest and ugliest front cover no wonder I never recognized it when it was released.  It fell just under my radar and I only discovered it yesterday.

The following users thanked this post: dnjp4life

Sccit

be honest, did u listen to the mount westmore album?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
be honest, did u listen to the mount westmore album?

Come on homie, everything is on Itunes these days.  So I gave it one listen but just wasn't impressed.  I mean I can count on one hand the new albums of the last 10 years that I actually liked.  Torpor, Compton, Sticman Volume 2 and Coach Nym-- that's it

Sccit

Come on homie, everything is on Itunes these days.  So I gave it one listen but just wasn't impressed.  I mean I can count on one hand the new albums of the last 10 years that I actually liked.  Torpor, Compton, Sticman Volume 2 and Coach Nym-- that's it

i thought it was a dope album but to each his own

i do like goin back n listenin to uncovered classix tho

Rudki

We won't play that game, but its crazy cos i remember you being on this forum like 20 years ago also....money has nothing to do with missing out on the golden era, especially in the age of downloads and internet.....but at least your catching on to it now.....and mt westmore was decades too late. golden era all day (new age wise however, i love alot of whats coming out - conway, benny, ransom, flee lord, ill bill, vinnie paz, rome streetz)

Al Bundy

I tried listening to Wild For The Night and it's a snooze fest. Great instrumental that Busta should of just rapped over.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I tried listening to Wild For The Night and it's a snooze fest. Great instrumental that Busta should of just rapped over.

He has a lot better songs... at least you like the production on it, and the album has a lot of great production on there just like this track.  I actually like his style and flow the same as Busta Rhymes--just because Bus is a bit too noisy for me.  It makes for a great character, but not always for the easiest listening experience.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
I always felt like Rampage was a cheap Busta Rhymes clone, which is why i never got into any of his music back in the day. 

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I always felt like Rampage was a cheap Busta Rhymes clone, which is why i never got into any of his music back in the day.

Well he is Busta'sv first cousin, and Busta got him into rapping, and got him into the rap game--and he was smart enough to ride Bustas coat tails all the way to a career.

...But Puffy isn't gonna put you on the "Flava In Ya Ear" remix just because you are Busta Rhymes cousin.  He still had to stand and deliver. And I feel like his flow is very unique and distinctive. 

midwestryder

that you say you only gave it one lesson says enough. That means you really didn't give it a chance and you can't tell by just one listen ever with any album. So you're just out the hate on Mount Westmore and the King disease album