Author Topic: DAZ DILLINGER - DAT NIGGA DAZ (Official Discussion)  (Read 1778 times)

doggfather

Re: DAZ DILLINGER - DAT NIGGA DAZ (Official Discussion)
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2023, 02:03:01 PM »
cd copy?
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Dwax-187

« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2023, 04:16:23 PM »
My favourites:

I Did it Right - this is on repeat  8) :o
The Greatest - Summer anthem
Happy C Day - Straight classic Daz
Lets Ride - Another great summer anthem
Imaginary Emotions - Good growth song from Daz
Daddy Can I have It - Amazing production and sound, one of my favourite beats on the album

I hope they can remix the Daddy Can I have it beat with Kurupt and RBX.  This is a classic west coast story telling beat…. it would be a good nostalgic anthem.  8)

Rudki

« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2023, 03:25:13 PM »
20 years ago I would have been very excited for a Daz release, and I consider myself a big fan, but we're all used to him just releasing half-way stuff now....this does have some good tracks on it though, but nothing to his previous albums, not even half as good as 'The Life I Lead'....

dan9700

« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2023, 03:55:09 PM »
thats because no west coast artist knows how to make classics anymore, I dont get how they all just forgot I do like this album but I know its not his best

Dwax-187

« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2023, 04:12:49 PM »
Its all about content.  There is a lot of pussy songs on this album… probably half the album. 

I appreciate Daz being born in 1973 and turning 50 years old, but at this stage in life he could offer perspective and nostalgia about being a west coast classic.

Not making renditions of Aint No Fun.

Thats why you get the half and half.

Sccit

« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2023, 04:14:26 PM »
thats because no west coast artist knows how to make classics anymore, I dont get how they all just forgot I do like this album but I know its not his best

hibernation shivers

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2023, 04:20:27 PM »
Gotta give credit where it’s due. Not a bad album at all. About half the songs i have on repeat and that’s good for an album these days.

At least Daz has the guts to release stuff. Can’t say the same for a lot of Westcoast OGs these days. He’s secure in his legacy. He’ll be a legend regardless of what he releases now.

The following users thanked this post: Dwax-187

Jay_J

« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2023, 12:46:49 PM »
20 years ago I would have been very excited for a Daz release, and I consider myself a big fan, but we're all used to him just releasing half-way stuff now....this does have some good tracks on it though, but nothing to his previous albums, not even half as good as 'The Life I Lead'....

life i lead and Dpgg Pound gangsta lp are his opus magnums.

Sccit

« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2023, 02:10:40 PM »

rrgb & raw >>>>

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2023, 02:33:31 PM »

rrgb & raw >>>>
Add DPGC U Know What we throwin up
The top 5 for Daz Solo.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2023, 08:03:05 PM »
But mixing and mastering isn't great from what I've heard, unfortunately. Don't know what went wrong the past decade, but some artists really don't care about that anymore.

It's because the budget for an album like this is a mere fraction of what it was for these same artists in their heyday on Death Row, and that diminution affects everything about the quality of the album, from the engineering to the sheer effort that artists put into the music.

Me personally, I will never get over this terrible modern trend of full songs consisting of only two verses.  It always makes the songs feel incomplete and half-baked, more suitable for a mixtape than an album cut.  It contributes to the feeling of "cheapness" that pervades nearly every aspect of the music.

Bottom line: The money to make great music just isn't there anymore.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Sccit

« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2023, 08:51:05 PM »
It's because the budget for an album like this is a mere fraction of what it was for these same artists in their heyday on Death Row, and that diminution affects everything about the quality of the album, from the engineering to the sheer effort that artists put into the music.

Me personally, I will never get over this terrible modern trend of full songs consisting of only two verses.  It always makes the songs feel incomplete and half-baked, more suitable for a mixtape than an album cut.  It contributes to the feeling of "cheapness" that pervades nearly every aspect of the music.

Bottom line: The money to make great music just isn't there anymore.

u can make a great album without a huge budget

it’s more about the effort tbh

all tho a big budget makes the process a lot easier

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2023, 09:12:09 AM »
This album is not very good

Sccit

« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2023, 05:26:01 PM »

Jay_J

« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2023, 01:21:23 AM »

The following users thanked this post: D-TalkX