Author Topic: Peep This: Sam Sneed Interview!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 355 times)

PaidThaCost

• Lil Geezy
  • Find Me In Da Club!!!!!!!
Peep This: Sam Sneed Interview!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: May 19, 2003, 02:55:30 PM »
Hey whassup Y'all searching through the net for Sam Sneed, y'all remember tha muh'fucka from back in the death row days he was on Murder Was The Case!!! Anyway i found an interesting interview that OnlineHip-Hop did with him i think its kinda recent anyway thought some of y'all might enjoy it!!!!

OHH: I have got the chance right now to sit down and interview the man who had the masterplan we call him SAM and I think U Betta................

Sam: (laughs) betta recognize... what you mean had i still got it baby (laughs)

OHH: So Sam what have you been up to last I heard of you was the cut you did for Jay-Z back in 1999, whats happened since then?

Sam: Well ya know Im tryin to start an indepentant label called 101st Street Records thats my hood ya know and a production company called Double S Productions trying to get that shit up and running baby ya know.

OHH: So tell us about the Death Row Days how did you hook up with the camp?

Sam: Well I was working on indepentant shit and (Dr) Dre heard some of my beats and rhymes and told me he wanted to put down on Death Row, this was summer of 1992 just as "The Chronic" was taking off so I was like hell yeah, they had already began work on one half of Snoop Dogg's album and then they put me down on the Pump, Pump Intro where me and snoop get into a confrontation that was cool. So after snoops record took off I was still patiently waiting for some of my shit to drop, I didn't have a buck man, Dre was looking after me he called me the secret weapon back then and telling magazines that he was ready to unleash his secret weapon, he was on house arrest i stayed at his crib nearly as long as he did I had no place else to go, and while he was on house arrest we did that joint " U Betta Recognize" I produced it myself and Dre let me do my thing, ya know, it was cool. I didn't know it was gonna be on the Murder Was The Case Album because we did that song end of 93' and Murder was the Case didn't drop till late 94'.

OHH: So after Murder Was The Case did you think it was going to be you that was coming next with the album.

Sam: errr... No.. I wasn't really that desperate to get an album out I just wanted to produce cuts and guest appearences and shit, plus they had Tha Dogg Pound album to drop, they has an album scheduled for Nate (Dogg) and Jewell so i was last in line... (laughs). Then Dre got jail time and that was basically it for me.

OHH: Did you visit Dre in Jail?

Sam: Yeah sure once of twice he didn't really like niggas visiting him in the cell man he was just there clearing his mind.

OHH: Were you still down with the rest of the camp, Snoop and Suge?

Sam: Well yeah i hung round the studio and office but then after Dre got out all this snoop bullshit happened wit the trial and shit and then all Death Row cared about was keeping that nigga from jail, then they signed (Tu)Pac and Sam Sneed was basically forgotten about.

OHH: Did you ever meet 2Pac?

Sam: Yeah i was there when him and Dre did California Love, and I was there when we filmed the video for the remix so yeah a couple of times, never really hung out with him, but he is a legend no doubt bout that.

OHH: Did you leave Death Row before or after Dre?

Sam: I left just after, Dre actually tried to get me on his new label I spoke to him alot after he left and he told me all the plans, but to get off Death Row was hard even for me a nigga that they don't give a fuck about, so I thought with the experience of Death Row I decided not to go with Dre and just begin producing for some East Coast cats.

OHH: Do you still keep in contact with Dre or Snoop?

Sam: Last time I spoke with Dre was August of Last year and he was speaking of this new artist he was trying to sign called The Game and ofcourse 50 Cent but it was only a short call but I speak to him bout every 3-4 months we cool outside of business just leave it at that (laughs) and i aint spoke to Snoop since the Detriot show of Up In Smoke i was there we all kicked it, it was a cool night that was July of 2000 I think.

OHH: Will you be working Dre again?

Sam: errr... I would sure like to but I was supposed to be on The Aftermath album in 1996 and I wern't due to legal fronts, then I was working with him whilst he was working with The Last Emperor but then that shit didn't work, and I was supposed to be on the new chronic and then I had a cancer scare so it aint worked out so far but who knows?

OHH: Was this the brain cancer scare?

Sam: Yeah but it's cool now so it's all good.

OHH: Who is signed to 101st Street?

Sam: At the minute me, DJ Props, a young  east coast cat called Logic and im in the process of signing Swoop G who was on Death Row back in the day.

OHH: Any upcoming productions?

Sam: Im producing new cuts for Capone, King Tech, some cats up at L.A Confidential so its looking good.

OHH: Who would you like to work with?

Sam: Oh errr... Eminem for sure is one lyrically dope cat, Busta Rhymes, Jay-Z again he is a genius, maybe 50 Cent and Rakim.

OHH: Here are some quick fire question.

Sam: OK.

OHH: Favourite Album of all time?

Sam: The Chronic

OHH: Favourite Artist of all time?

Sam: Rakim or Ice Cube

OHH: Favourite New Album?

Sam: Nas- God's Son or 50 Cents new shit

OHH: Best Producer in the game?

Sam: (laughs) Dre no doubt.

OHH: Favourite Track?

Sam: Errrr. Stranded On Death Row or Gz & Hustlaz

OHH: Thanks alot Sam Sneed and we hope to hear some new shit from you soon?

Sam: No Doubt.

pappy

Re:Peep This: Sam Sneed Interview!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2003, 04:20:14 PM »
dope read nice to see sam is finally starting to do some shit in the game again

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2003, 04:32:33 PM »
Cool review.

budsmokeronly

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2003, 10:19:37 PM »
tight shit

Suga Foot

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2003, 10:33:59 PM »
Dope, thanks 4 posting that

PaidThaCost

• Lil Geezy
  • Find Me In Da Club!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2003, 04:57:49 AM »
No Doubt

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2003, 05:05:02 AM »
Damn! That was a little short but still nice to see he's still working. Wonder what his production style is like now.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2003, 05:05:31 AM by CharlieBrown »
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2003, 06:00:14 AM »

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2003, 09:59:32 AM »
tight but is that new?

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2003, 12:40:28 PM »
Dope interview man, I'd been wondering what he has been up to recently.

··: O.G Kody™ :··

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2003, 02:54:09 PM »
I always wonder if some of these online interviews are legit, anyone else think that? anyone can just type something up. Audio interviews are cool though.

Peace