Author Topic: DJ Yella Produced Bone "For the Love of Money" was Jewell track from 1991 !!  (Read 1063 times)

EAZY-LI

Do you think Dre had to go through Yella or Bone for the sample?

…I think both are great but I give the nod to the Bone version as well but more so because that was Bone in their prime.

He would of had to go through Tomica Wright as she owns all of the ruthless catlog. D.o.c shouts at yomo&mulkie at the end of grand finale in 1989
So they go that far back so dre may of heard yella make the o.g love of money will Jewel.
It's cool to go back and listen to the classics I only just found out Warren g is one doing the m.a.d skit on niggaz4life.
The Boyz N Tha Hood Are Always Hard
But Some Times The Boyz Leave Tha Hood
And Roll With God....

Rest In Peace Eric (Eazy-E) Wright
1964-1995

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
He would of had to go through Tomica Wright as she owns all of the ruthless catlog. D.o.c shouts at yomo&mulkie at the end of grand finale in 1989
So they go that far back so dre may of heard yella make the o.g love of money will Jewel.
It's cool to go back and listen to the classics I only just found out Warren g is one doing the m.a.d skit on niggaz4life.

Yeah, Warren is the one on the jail house phone skit calling his woman.  Prettty funny.  Once Regulate came out and Warren popped off, then i realized it was him on that skit. 

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Yeah, Warren is the one on the jail house phone skit calling his woman.  Prettty funny.  Once Regulate came out and Warren popped off, then i realized it was him on that skit.

interesting.. gonna go check that out now... makes you wonder how far they were from having Warren, Snoop, Dogg Pound and all that under the Ruthless Banner if Eazy and Jerry would've handed Dre whatever he was asking for.   Then who knows maybe Suge would've just been like a bodyguard or something for Ruthless...

...it's an interesting alternative rap universe thought experiment, I'll do a thread on the subject of alternative rap universes
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
interesting.. gonna go check that out now... makes you wonder how far they were from having Warren, Snoop, Dogg Pound and all that under the Ruthless Banner if Eazy and Jerry would've handed Dre whatever he was asking for.   Then who knows maybe Suge would've just been like a bodyguard or something for Ruthless...

...it's an interesting alternative rap universe thought experiment, I'll do a thread on the subject of alternative rap universes

Yeah, wouldn't surprise me at all if Dre ended up signing Warren to Ruthless if he would've stuck around.  Very interesting to think about indeed.  Not sure where Snoop would've ended up or if he would've become anything without Dre recruiting him in the war with Eazy.  To me, he's the wild card.  Dre was desperate and needed new talent for Death Row.  He might've signed Snoop to Ruthless but he would've been on his own.  He may have blown up, or may have been another Steffon or Yomo and Maulkie where Dre produced one song for his album and that was it and faded off into the sunset after that. 

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Yeah, wouldn't surprise me at all if Dre ended up signing Warren to Ruthless if he would've stuck around.  Very interesting to think about indeed.  Not sure where Snoop would've ended up or if he would've become anything without Dre recruiting him in the war with Eazy.  To me, he's the wild card.  Dre was desperate and needed new talent for Death Row.  He might've signed Snoop to Ruthless but he would've been on his own.  He may have blown up, or may have been another Steffon or Yomo and Maulkie where Dre produced one song for his album and that was it and faded off into the sunset after that.

Nah homie, it seems like Snoop was like right there.  I mean he like had earlier auditions for Dre.  Not like an official audition but you know just like hanging around and Warren being like, "yo snoop he cold" and then if at any point Snoop woulda brought his A game Dre would've been down and taken him on like DOC 

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)