Author Topic: EZ Mil feat Eminem - The Realest  (Read 915 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: EZ Mil feat Eminem - The Realest
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2023, 10:41:19 AM »
Eminem sucks. Too dry. Take some shrooms and lighten up

yeah homie.. one thing about you is you always had good taste in music.  I think you and I lost interest in Em's music around the same time.  I thought he had a great comeback when he dropped MMLP2 and "Guts Over Fear" I still argue is one of his top 5 songs it's nearly like another "Lose Yourself".

Then he had some stuff like "Catipillar" and "Not Alike" he would come with the occasional dope track but those songs were mostly like lyrical masterpieces more than they were great songs like "Stan" was a great song he wasn't just trying to show off how fuccin fast he can rap and how many rhymes, homonyms, and double entendre he can fit inside a single bar.

And then he used to be kind of like a voice his fans, sort of like spittin the shit we were feeling on a larger level the Pac did and those days are long gone.  He's like some elitist, globalist, tellin people to wear their mask when I heard that shit in 2020 I was done
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Jay_J

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2023, 01:25:24 PM »
yeah homie.. one thing about you is you always had good taste in music.  I think you and I lost interest in Em's music around the same time.  I thought he had a great comeback when he dropped MMLP2 and "Guts Over Fear" I still argue is one of his top 5 songs it's nearly like another "Lose Yourself".

Then he had some stuff like "Catipillar" and "Not Alike" he would come with the occasional dope track but those songs were mostly like lyrical masterpieces more than they were great songs like "Stan" was a great song he wasn't just trying to show off how fuccin fast he can rap and how many rhymes, homonyms, and double entendre he can fit inside a single bar.

And then he used to be kind of like a voice his fans, sort of like spittin the shit we were feeling on a larger level the Pac did and those days are long gone.  He's like some elitist, globalist, tellin people to wear their mask when I heard that shit in 2020 I was done

Music To Be Murdered By is one of his best music. You cant underrate him because he doesnt believe the earth is flat or smth like that :D

This is a diss track and actually i didnt like the song at all, but check the rhyme shemes, homophonies and word play in Em's verse, he is still at it.

and we cant compare it with his first 3 album run. Em is 50 years old now and he doesnt even need to release one more song, he is already a legend but he still does. just appriciate and wait for his next album.

Marco

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2023, 03:34:52 PM »
Em kills it. And that bass is :o 8)

Prodution Credits:

Label: FFP Records, Shady - Aftermath - Interscope Records
Composer: Luis Resto
Production

Marshall Mathers, ComposerLyricist
Luis Resto, Additional Keyboards, AssociatedPerformer, ComposerLyricist
Eminem, Producer, Additional Producer, MainArtist
Ez Mil, MainArtist
Mixing/mastering

Mike Strange, Mixer, StudioPersonnel
Brian "Big Bass" Gardner, Mastering Engineer, StudioPersonnel
Ezekiel "Slashmouth" Miller, Producer, Mixer, StudioPersonnel, ComposerLyricist
West Coast Connection // www.dubcnn.com/connect // West Coast Connection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2023, 04:47:38 PM »
Music To Be Murdered By is one of his best music. You cant underrate him because he doesnt believe the earth is flat or smth like that :D

This is a diss track and actually i didnt like the song at all, but check the rhyme shemes, homophonies and word play in Em's verse, he is still at it.

and we cant compare it with his first 3 album run. Em is 50 years old now and he doesnt even need to release one more song, he is already a legend but he still does. just appriciate and wait for his next album.

Em had already done it all and gone full circle by the time Proof died, and Dre’s done it all like 3 times over.  I think it was important for Dre to have success at Aftermath after Death Row but you could even argue NWA was enough.  So you are right in that sense.

I just miss the days when like you’d put on a new Em track and it was cathartic and therapeutic because he would be spittin all the shit that had been bumbling under the surface like Jimmy Iovine said back in Em’s prime that Em had his pulse on the needle of where music was headed the way Kurt Cobain did and few have done.

That track on his Revival album where he was like “Do You Still Believe In me” (didn’t I do everything I could…) that was the last time I really felt he was speaking to me on a track.   

Portowiec

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2023, 01:29:42 PM »
In my opinion you can't compare eras. SSLP and MMLP has different feeling bcs he was different person at the time. Maybe it felt more "soulfull" bcs it brings memories of those times. Hes more mature now, but his rapping skills are better now. He has a complete, package from storytelling to technical aspects. So i can still feel his music and even has goosebumps from tracks like darkness.

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2023, 01:32:19 PM »
In my opinion you can't compare eras. SSLP and MMLP has different feeling bcs he was different person at the time. Maybe it felt more "soulfull" bcs it brings memories of those times. Hes more mature now, but his rapping skills are better now. He has a complete, package from storytelling to technical aspects. So i can still feel his music and even has goosebumps from tracks like darkness.

from a technical aspect, sure

but there is no feeling behind his raps

it has nothin to do wit nostalgia, if MMLP dropped today it would blow the game away just like it did when it dropped

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2023, 10:36:40 PM »

it has nothin to do wit nostalgia, if MMLP dropped today it would blow the game away just like it did when it dropped

Agreed. 

And I’m a really nostalgic type of guy it’s pretty much my hobby like going and visiting old places and people and listening to old music to conjure up old feelings—but I’ve never done that with Eminem.  His music doesn’t have that quality at all with me. 

It’s not like throwing on Warren G’s first album and suddenly I’m back in 94’ and a kid again.  Now, I can throw on 50’s Get Rich or Die Trying and suddenly transport back to 2002-and the last great run of the hiphop baggy jeans era and all that… but never Em for some reason I never listen to his stuff anymore even for old times sake.  Maybe it has something to do with the shock value that his music is meant to hit you new

The Predator

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2023, 10:08:51 AM »
Ez Mil Recalls First Time Meeting Eminem and Dr. Dre

Shady Records debutant Ez Mil says he nearly fainted seeing Eminem for the first time, but Em’s jokes helped relieve the tension.

Ez Mil gave an interview to Manila radio station RX931 and told how nervous he was arriving to a secret meeting with Eminem and Dr. Dre and how they liked his beat from the first play:

We was all mind our own business. “The “DU4LI7Y” event in itself is just us. Then suddenly we got hit with this message, like, “Yo, this is gonna be a secret meetinng”. We were like, what?! I had already made the beat for “Realest” by myself. It had the first verse, I think, and a hook, a little bit. It was even before we knew it was THEM, that it was Em and Dre. And when I was hit with the info that we would be meeting Em and Dre. I was pacing the house, I was trying to contain myself. Even the keeping a secret is tough. We went to LA. Meeting them, that was a whole trip. Even going through the lobby. Because Dre was sitting rigth there, in the lobby. And Em was inside the studio, I was peeking through the door. My brother and my mum, we all went in. Then Dre stood up with his huge self and he was like, “Hey, superstar”. What the hell are you talking about?!I shook his hand. And when I saw Em I almost fainted. Thank god I stood up and kept it firm.He stood up and sai, “Ezekiel! Where’ve you been for the last 20 years? All right, you were four”. Then they talked about how they really messed with “Up Down”, they heard it. They said that Em was just going through the wormhole, and then they said it was Paul [Rosenberg, who showed him a song].

Like I said, I had already made the beat and some vocals. Right there at the studio I played it for them. Dre was bobbing and right after the beat was playing he was like, “Yyp, Marshall’s gonna eat that up”. And then Em was at the back [rises a hand], “Yep, give it to me”.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2023, 01:59:55 PM »
A big change is Em's music nowadays is that his raps aren't funny anymore and he takes himself way too seriously.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

The Predator

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2023, 10:50:13 PM »
Mariah, Machine Gun Kelly and now Melle Mell...

Get ready to witness sparks fly in the hip-hop universe! Join Melle Mel as he fires back at Eminem's fiery diss, ignited by the explosive 'Realest' collaboration with EZ Mil. In this unfiltered video, Mele Mel dives deep into the drama, giving you an informal yet intense glimpse into his response. Plus, get an exclusive scoop: the beats from this record will be featured on Melle Mel's upcoming album 'The War,' including his new track 'Shooter.' Don't miss this electrifying showdown, exclusively on Mele Mel's Hip Hop Corner.

Jay_J

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2023, 11:40:03 PM »

No feeling? Really? i am not a fan of Revival but its all about feeling.

even on MTBMB there are songs like "Darkness", "You Gon Learn", "Premonition", "Never Love Again"... and more.

Give Em and Nas their props. These dudes are working hard to put out new beautiful music while they dont even have to.

Sccit

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2023, 08:45:40 AM »

even on MTBMB there are songs like "Darkness", "You Gon Learn", "Premonition", "Never Love Again"... and more.

Give Em and Nas their props. These dudes are working hard to put out new beautiful music while they dont even have to.

nas is in a different category as he hasn’t really deviated much from his original style

eminem has become extremely monotone, predicated on displaying technical skill mechanically and he’s basically become an entirely different rapper than prime em

like i said, it’s not bad bro ….. but a far cry from his classic work, which was all soul driven music

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2023, 12:32:12 PM »

Homie I know you get mad at me when I say this but I do think you have a "recency bias".  It's a new phrase I heard they were talking about people who actually rank Creed movies ahead of original Rocky movies or even the 1st Rocky movie which is possible one of the top films in film history and won an Oscar for best film back in 1978. 

They said it's a phenomenon called "recency bias" so anyway I thought I'd throw it at you here, cause Nas and Em's music doesn't come even close to hitting me like there old music does, or even there 2013 era music, but hey, to each their own

Portowiec

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2023, 02:08:45 PM »
Man, how good that it's just yours subjective opinions on how the music feels. If I ever have to take anyone's opinion to heart, it will be legends like Rakim, Big Daddy Kane, LL Cool J, Chuck D, Treach who all claim Eminem is one of their Goats...

thegooddoc

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2023, 08:51:25 PM »
Homie I know you get mad at me when I say this but I do think you have a "recency bias".  It's a new phrase I heard they were talking about people who actually rank Creed movies ahead of original Rocky movies or even the 1st Rocky movie which is possible one of the top films in film history and won an Oscar for best film back in 1978. 

They said it's a phenomenon called "recency bias" so anyway I thought I'd throw it at you here, cause Nas and Em's music doesn't come even close to hitting me like there old music does, or even there 2013 era music, but hey, to each their own

Of course it doesn't.  They are both 50 years old now.  I can't think of one artist in rap or any genre that got considerably better as they got older.  Luther, maybe?  There is always something new and shiny coming along.

I don't hate the new song.  It is not a classic, but it is pretty decent.  It is remarkable that Eminem is still making platinum music at 50 years.