Author Topic: News clip of shooting at Bones “Thuggish Ruggish” video set  (Read 200 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
No wonder that shit sounded and looked so fuccin real and raw first time I saw it.  They was actually shooting at the fuccin video set !!

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
Re: News clip of shooting at Bones “Thuggish Ruggish” video set
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2023, 05:59:16 PM »
Wow. Never knew there was a shooting on that video set. Thanks for posting.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2023, 11:29:00 PM »
Wow. Never knew there was a shooting on that video set. Thanks for posting.

no doubt.. you know the energy is so raw in that video.  Eazy was a genius moving with that "thugs" concept, because theres another video with DJ-Uneek that's like a behind the scenes that day and them cats look like they ain't even had a fuccin bath in a week, but nobody cared.  It wasn't like they had hair dressers on the set and shit like that.  Because Eazy was thinkin like "why the fucc we need any of that shit ya'll niccaz is thugs".

And when you were a kid and you saw that shit it's like WWF Wrestling when you believe everything is real.  I saw that video for the first time in 94' and I thought they were just like some guys running from the law, who lived like right out there on the streets and Eazy just went there and brought a film crew to film those cats in some rap superhero underworld and shit in between them shooting mutherfuckaz and performing robberies in real life, lol.  I turned it on at the very end of the video and just saw Eazy giving crazy a pound and I was like "holy fucc, Eazy about to come back big as Dre with these fuckin guys he found"

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2023, 01:43:44 PM »
no doubt.. you know the energy is so raw in that video.  Eazy was a genius moving with that "thugs" concept, because theres another video with DJ-Uneek that's like a behind the scenes that day and them cats look like they ain't even had a fuccin bath in a week, but nobody cared.  It wasn't like they had hair dressers on the set and shit like that.  Because Eazy was thinkin like "why the fucc we need any of that shit ya'll niccaz is thugs".

And when you were a kid and you saw that shit it's like WWF Wrestling when you believe everything is real.  I saw that video for the first time in 94' and I thought they were just like some guys running from the law, who lived like right out there on the streets and Eazy just went there and brought a film crew to film those cats in some rap superhero underworld and shit in between them shooting mutherfuckaz and performing robberies in real life, lol.  I turned it on at the very end of the video and just saw Eazy giving crazy a pound and I was like "holy fucc, Eazy about to come back big as Dre with these fuckin guys he found"

Yeah, it was around that time when the rappers all wanted to show up in limos, wearing 3 piece suits, sipping champaign, blinged out, etc.  Then these guys come along, looking like they rolled out of a cardboard box.  They looked like real thugz.  They looked like they had real street cred.  Course after a few years, they were all doing that stupid rich rapper look like the rest of them, but Eazy was guiding their career perfectly before he died. 

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2023, 06:28:31 PM »
Yeah, it was around that time when the rappers all wanted to show up in limos, wearing 3 piece suits, sipping champaign, blinged out, etc.  Then these guys come along, looking like they rolled out of a cardboard box.  They looked like real thugz.  They looked like they had real street cred.  Course after a few years, they were all doing that stupid rich rapper look like the rest of them, but Eazy was guiding their career perfectly before he died.

exactly.. I was surprised they still had any juice left by the time they made Art of War.  Art of War is not a classic like the 2 albums they did while Eazy was alive, "Creapin" is flawless EP and "East 1999" is a bonafied classic LP.   

Art of War I remember that summer of 97' I was like "god dammit this shit is gonna fuccin brick like Doggfather" but it actually came out nice enough, in spite of Eazy not being around.  Then in the years after they couldn't make classic albums anymore but still hit us with classic songs like "Try So Hard", "Ecstacy", solo joints like Krazy's joint with Sade and Tiffany, shit like that

Sccit

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2023, 07:10:31 PM »
exactly.. I was surprised they still had any juice left by the time they made Art of War.  Art of War is not a classic like the 2 albums they did while Eazy was alive, "Creapin" is flawless EP and "East 1999" is a bonafied classic LP.   

Art of War I remember that summer of 97' I was like "god dammit this shit is gonna fuccin brick like Doggfather" but it actually came out nice enough, in spite of Eazy not being around.  Then in the years after they couldn't make classic albums anymore but still hit us with classic songs like "Try So Hard", "Ecstacy", solo joints like Krazy's joint with Sade and Tiffany, shit like that

they had a few good albums after art of war

resurrection wasn’t classic but it was very dope

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2023, 10:46:35 PM »
they had a few good albums after art of war

resurrection wasn’t classic but it was very dope

Yeah man but it was a lot of filler too on those albums also.  And together you just can’t match the chemistry from the Eazy years.  They said in interviews back they were such tight homies and family that they did everything together if they were sitting and watching TV and one went to the store he wouldn’t leave without taking one with him wherever he went, to the point they knew each others rhymes and lyrics and shit by the time they met Eazy could harmonize

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2023, 10:56:23 AM »

Even before Eazy's involvement, Faces Of Death was pretty good for a small independent release.  Eazy gave them guidance.  Course money went to their heads.  As much as i love for them that Crossroads got that Grammy and made them, it was also the end of them, as they all got big heads, too much fame and money, ended up fighting and never were really able to get back on the same page.  That 'hunger' was gone. 

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2023, 10:03:56 PM »
Even before Eazy's involvement, Faces Of Death was pretty good for a small independent release.  Eazy gave them guidance.  Course money went to their heads.  As much as i love for them that Crossroads got that Grammy and made them, it was also the end of them, as they all got big heads, too much fame and money, ended up fighting and never were really able to get back on the same page.  That 'hunger' was gone.

I agree with you about “Crossroads”.  I remember it like this…

They came start of the summer with “Crossroads” then end of the summer they came with “Dayz of Our Lives” which was like damn near yet another crossroads them dudes was still on fire — then they fuccin came with “Thug Devotion” that was damn near another “1st of the Month”—but that’s where it stopped.  That Mo Thugs album I bought and none of the rest of the album besides the single was up to par with their previous work.  And that came out on their label and they were beefing with Ruthless and Tomeka by that time.

So without Eazy or a label over their heads to guide them everything was rushed, hit and miss. Flesh was solo on Def Jam they should’ve demanded a classic from them but instead it was one great song “World So Cruel” and then half the album filler.  Bizzy went solo and “Thugz Cry” was pretty dope but there was a lot of filler on that as well and even a downgrade from Flesh solo.  Krayzie solo had a lot of filler.  “Breakdown” really changed the game for R&B and “Notorious Thugz” was a masterpiece.  So just a lot of hit and miss after Eazy but never a full classic like their first two on Ruthless.