Author Topic: Is Dre’s work with Marsha Ambrosius anything dope come out of it??  (Read 911 times)

Lucifuge

Re: Is Dre’s work with Marsha Ambrosius anything dope come out of it??
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2023, 02:04:30 PM »
Dre is not perfectionist, he is an asshole, for real.
Rakims album, raekwons album, statlanta, bishop. You name it.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2023, 02:41:19 PM »
Quite the opposite, with AI progressing as fast as it is, none of these vaulted songs will be worth anything because they'll be able to so easily replicated.  Pac AI's are already flooding the internet making it virtually impossible for the casual fan to differentiate, and in the next few years, even seasoned fans won't be able to tell the real from the fake. 

People are already hard at work on creating a perfect "Tha Next Episode" AI version. Once that's out, anyone sitting on the original song won't be worth anything.

Yeah maybe but like an original package of Zelda unopened goes for like $18,000 dollars now so it’s hard to tell what will be worth a lot in the future.

…but it would be amazing if just one of these days somehow the entire Dre vault got released.  I mean with the forum we have here at the dubb we could probably figure out the cream of the crop and put 20 together for a classic fanmade album

As far as AI do you think there will come a day when a 2pac AI track will actually be better than a track he made on 7 Day Theory??   That would really be insane if something like that happened… or like if AI made a banger better than “California Love” or more poetic than “Dear Mama” —shit, that might lead to another Shakespearean Rennasance
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2023, 03:08:51 PM »
Yeah maybe but like an original package of Zelda unopened goes for like $18,000 dollars now so it’s hard to tell what will be worth a lot in the future.

…but it would be amazing if just one of these days somehow the entire Dre vault got released.  I mean with the forum we have here at the dubb we could probably figure out the cream of the crop and put 20 together for a classic fanmade album

As far as AI do you think there will come a day when a 2pac AI track will actually be better than a track he made on 7 Day Theory??   That would really be insane if something like that happened… or like if AI made a banger better than “California Love” or more poetic than “Dear Mama” —shit, that might lead to another Shakespearean Rennasance

Yeah i mean if someone had something tangible, like a reel to the song, then of course that'd be worth money.  But having an original 'file' to a song that's since been perfectly replicated with AI where you can't tell the difference, the original file will be worthless.

Look at the progression of AI.  Started in 80's with drum kits, AI replaced real drums.  Then computers, synths, etc. replaced real musicians on records.  Now any sort of youtube rapper can create an entire track from scratch, where in the past this had to be done in an expensive studio.  Mixing and everything done via AI too.  The next logical step is AI for voice replacement.  So yes, i do think complete AI songs will be big hits.  It'll all be subjective as to whether they will be 'better' than the current hits, but it will happen.  Heck, they used AI to create Cali Love and Dear Mama for the instrumental, so we've already been there done that. 

If I were a musician or an actor or a writer, i'd be worried right now quite honestly about my job in the next 5-10 years, hence the writer's strike now.  They know their days are numbered.  It's going to come down to the creativity of one person who can feed an AI an idea or concept and funnel the results into a song or movie. 

Dwax-187

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2023, 08:02:11 PM »
I wouldn’t go that far.  AI replicates and duplicates.  They dont have human creativity or passion or emotional intelligence. 

Ive heard a lot of 2pac remixed AI songs and they sound good, but the guy isnt alive to justify or back anything.  Sounds to me like an on old school remix or mix tape, just better quality.

True fans follow the artist, not the remixes.

The following users thanked this post: Sccit, HighEyeCue, Hellquist

Tony Trey

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2023, 11:48:40 AM »
Are you trying to tell me that Dr. Dre signed a musician to his record label, recorded music with her for 5+ years, and then shelved everything she had worked on, thereby completely wasting her time, which she could have used to instead release music to the masses in the hopes that she might have a career instead of being a footnote on a Dre album from 10 years ago?

This sounds strangely familiar to me. I can't put my finger on it.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2023, 09:54:21 AM »
I wouldn’t go that far.  AI replicates and duplicates.  They dont have human creativity or passion or emotional intelligence. 

Ive heard a lot of 2pac remixed AI songs and they sound good, but the guy isnt alive to justify or back anything.  Sounds to me like an on old school remix or mix tape, just better quality.

Oh, it can still have human emotion and passion.  There's 2 different methods of voice AI.  To type something and have the AI 'rap' the words, which i agree, sounds terrible.  But then there's the AI where a human does rap the song with all the emotion and passion as the human has, and it's ran through a filter to sound like 2Pac or any other rapper (like what DOP Funk does).  That AI sounds very nice.  We are already doing that now, singers run their voice through an AI computer and spits out auto tune, electronica, and all sorts of other voice enhancements.  That's why no one sounds as good live as they do in the studio.  This really isn't a whole lot different than what's already going on in the studios currently, only now the conscious effort is to make the voice effect sound like a familiar voice instead of a random voice. 

HighEyeCue

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2023, 05:33:31 AM »

+1

I like listening to these AI songs but in no way does it compare to an OG track...maybe I'm too old schooled

astra4322

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2023, 05:46:31 AM »
Dre is not perfectionist, he is an asshole, for real.
Rakims album, raekwons album, statlanta, bishop. You name it.

Raekwon album was released.

David Gutterman

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2023, 07:51:35 AM »
There was a Listening Event in Los Angeles 6 months ago  :-\

astra4322

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2023, 09:49:41 AM »
There was a Listening Event in Los Angeles 6 months ago  :-\

It doesn’t mean anything since Dre is involved.

Lucifuge

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2023, 12:27:40 PM »
Raekwon album was released.

Not on aftermath
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

jman91331

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2023, 07:32:35 PM »
Yeah i mean if someone had something tangible, like a reel to the song, then of course that'd be worth money.  But having an original 'file' to a song that's since been perfectly replicated with AI where you can't tell the difference, the original file will be worthless.

Look at the progression of AI.  Started in 80's with drum kits, AI replaced real drums.  Then computers, synths, etc. replaced real musicians on records.  Now any sort of youtube rapper can create an entire track from scratch, where in the past this had to be done in an expensive studio.  Mixing and everything done via AI too.  The next logical step is AI for voice replacement.  So yes, i do think complete AI songs will be big hits.  It'll all be subjective as to whether they will be 'better' than the current hits, but it will happen.  Heck, they used AI to create Cali Love and Dear Mama for the instrumental, so we've already been there done that. 

If I were a musician or an actor or a writer, i'd be worried right now quite honestly about my job in the next 5-10 years, hence the writer's strike now.  They know their days are numbered.  It's going to come down to the creativity of one person who can feed an AI an idea or concept and funnel the results into a song or movie.
One thing AI would never replace is the emotion. The pain in 2Pac's voice when he's rapping about his mom on Dear Momma, or a person that grew up bullied and now rapping with a vengeance in his voice, or a single channelling their 1st heartbreak while hitting those notes. A computer will never understand or replicate that so AI will be like all the other fake shit (weaves, lashes, ECT) fake shit that's just an example is what the real shit they trying to copy could be.

The following users thanked this post: Hellquist

Sccit

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2023, 08:41:29 PM »
One thing AI would never replace is the emotion. The pain in 2Pac's voice when he's rapping about his mom on Dear Momma, or a person that grew up bullied and now rapping with a vengeance in his voice, or a single channelling their 1st heartbreak while hitting those notes. A computer will never understand or replicate that so AI will be like all the other fake shit (weaves, lashes, ECT) fake shit that's just an example is what the real shit they trying to copy could be.

pretty much

BJV

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2023, 11:30:10 AM »
Wait aren't most of these AI tracks performances by people turned into sounding like Pac or Snoop? If someone raps with the same emotion as Pac or Eminem they can turn their voice into Pac or Eminem.

The D.O.C. is basically bombarded on his social media by people saying he should use AI to sound like himself again.

Now I am sure AI will develop emotion or can be programmed to feel emotion and pretty soon we will not notice a difference.

AI might be the coldest MC out there. I read a story about a guy in Belgium killing himself after chatting with AI cause it told him that humans are bad for the environment.

Personally I think this shit is scary as hell and should be regulated. We're only talking about audio here but if you have a video or a picture of yourself on the internet people can basically turn it into anything they like and it will look damn real.

mtbsm

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2023, 03:12:11 AM »
man DOC should do this for real