Author Topic: MC Breed A New Breed album 💿 had a lot of Death Row influence  (Read 980 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Diggin and found another gem 💎 from the golden age rather than wasting time trying to find new artists from this wack era in music…

Anyway thanks to Drink Champs turns out MC Breeds New Breed album has so much Death Row influence from Death Row artists and affiliates from Warren G doing a lot of uncredited production and Colin Wolf (who did Deep Cover) and DOC writing because he was close homies with Breed and probably a couple others…

Only thing I remember was the single cause it actually came on radio like a few years later in 98’ after Pac had died and it took me an extra second to realize it was Pac on the track and I remember having that feeling like “oh shit who is this guy he got next” and then I was like “oh that’s Pac”

But y’all remember that old feeling that used to come around every few months back in those days that a new artist would come on and it would take like just a second or two and you’d be like “oh shit this guys gonna be big” happened to me first time I heard Snoop (“Dre Day”), Outkast (“Southernplaya”), Nate (“Ain’t No Fun”) Daz (“Doggy Dog World”) Bone (just saw um give a pound to Eazy E and the beat at the end of Thuggish and knew they’d be big) and even artists I wasn’t a big fan of like Master P or DMX you did kind of know instantly like oh shit this dude will be big

It didn’t happen with Eminem.  I heard “Just Don’t Give A Fuck” single before anything else and I liked it and was a fan cause of Dre but thought the shit was way too hardcore for mainstream success—then “My Name Is” came and I was like, “ohh, okay”

Anyway just like tellin that story cause Pac was already dead and for a second it was like I was hearing a new artist about to blow up
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

Re: MC Breed A New Breed album 💿 had a lot of Death Row influence
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2023, 08:38:02 AM »
mc breed, one of the finest from the midwest

:urwelcome:

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
Re: MC Breed A New Breed album had a lot of Death Row influence
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2023, 10:22:07 PM »
Diggin and found another gem  from the golden age rather than wasting time trying to find new artists from this wack era in music…

Anyway thanks to Drink Champs turns out MC Breeds New Breed album has so much Death Row influence from Death Row artists and affiliates from Warren G doing a lot of uncredited production and Colin Wolf (who did Deep Cover) and DOC writing because he was close homies with Breed and probably a couple others…

Only thing I remember was the single cause it actually came on radio like a few years later in 98’ after Pac had died and it took me an extra second to realize it was Pac on the track and I remember having that feeling like “oh shit who is this guy he got next” and then I was like “oh that’s Pac”

But y’all remember that old feeling that used to come around every few months back in those days that a new artist would come on and it would take like just a second or two and you’d be like “oh shit this guys gonna be big” happened to me first time I heard Snoop (“Dre Day”), Outkast (“Southernplaya”), Nate (“Ain’t No Fun”) Daz (“Doggy Dog World”) Bone (just saw um give a pound to Eazy E and the beat at the end of Thuggish and knew they’d be big) and even artists I wasn’t a big fan of like Master P or DMX you did kind of know instantly like oh shit this dude will be big

It didn’t happen with Eminem.  I heard “Just Don’t Give A Fuck” single before anything else and I liked it and was a fan cause of Dre but thought the shit was way too hardcore for mainstream success—then “My Name Is” came and I was like, “ohh, okay”

Anyway just like tellin that story cause Pac was already dead and for a second it was like I was hearing a new artist about to blow up

Warren G has credited production on 4 of the songs.  Which other songs did he produce that he wasn't given production credit?

Things in Tha Hood by DFC is another album from around that time that has alot of Warren G production (including a non-album remix) and a song produced by DOC.  Also sounds like that album has some Death Row influence.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2023, 12:19:01 AM »
Warren G has credited production on 4 of the songs.  Which other songs did he produce that he wasn't given production credit?

Things in Tha Hood by DFC is another album from around that time that has alot of Warren G production (including a non-album remix) and a song produced by DOC.  Also sounds like that album has some Death Row influence.

I’ll have to check that one out too.  I see on Wikipedia he’s credited for 4 songs like you said, not sure about the liner notes?

Anyway, on Drink Champs yesterday he said something like he did the whole album but didn’t get credited ?

…let’s be honest I like it cause of the Death Row prime era influence but if you can’t even crack the top 100 billboard with their backing in the years 93-96 then something ain’t right

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2023, 03:27:23 PM »
I’ll have to check that one out too.  I see on Wikipedia he’s credited for 4 songs like you said, not sure about the liner notes?

Anyway, on Drink Champs yesterday he said something like he did the whole album but didn’t get credited ?

…let’s be honest I like it cause of the Death Row prime era influence but if you can’t even crack the top 100 billboard with their backing in the years 93-96 then something ain’t right

Yeah i'm sure Warren gave his input and ideas on nearly all the tracks from the album, especially if he produced 4 of them.  Age old question of when input and ideas become actual production.

Check out that DFC album and let me know what you think.  Breed's on it too.  Peep the gfunk remix to Things In Tha Hood feat Nate Dogg, still one of my favorite tracks of all time, way better than the album version. 

Sccit

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2023, 04:54:58 PM »
Yeah i'm sure Warren gave his input and ideas on nearly all the tracks from the album, especially if he produced 4 of them.  Age old question of when input and ideas become actual production.

Check out that DFC album and let me know what you think.  Breed's on it too.  Peep the gfunk remix to Things In Tha Hood feat Nate Dogg, still one of my favorite tracks of all time, way better than the album version.

input becomes production when u have creative control over the track

phatj

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2023, 06:46:52 PM »
That DFC album is bananas. Caps get peeled with Ehit

thegooddoc

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2023, 07:30:10 PM »
Flatline was also a good album.  Erotic D (who also produced for DOC and Dr. Dre) produced the album. Breed had some good stuff.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2023, 09:17:02 PM »

It's dope, I mean, how could it not be, it's Warren and Nate in their prime and rap era in its prime. 

Crazy that there's still more stuff that slid by me like this joint that even was a single with a music video and I never heard of it till today and I have been buying anything with Warren G or Nate Dogg's name on it since I was 12 years old and saw G Funk Era for $20 at the local blockbuster music in summer 93'

BJV

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2023, 10:12:01 AM »
It's crazy that the video of Gotta Get Mine on youtube has a #urban-videoz on EFNET tag in the beginning. I remember being on mIRC dowloading classic rap videos back in the day.

BIGWORM

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2023, 03:32:26 PM »
and DOC writing because he was close homies with Breed and probably a couple others…

I never knew that the THE D.O.C. & Breed where so close. Breed & D.O.C. are featured on backgound vocals on the Too $horts COCKTALES track off the album Cocktails. Plus Breed is on a track "we do this" that also features 2-Pac off the cocktales album. Too $horts lyrics are super tight on that album. Im wondering now if that has anything to do with THE D.O.C.

Anyways thanks for the story on the Breed Album I will download it and bump it tomorrow on my way to work.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2023, 06:45:00 AM »
I never knew that the THE D.O.C. & Breed where so close. Breed & D.O.C. are featured on backgound vocals on the Too $horts COCKTALES track off the album Cocktails. Plus Breed is on a track "we do this" that also features 2-Pac off the cocktales album. Too $horts lyrics are super tight on that album. Im wondering now if that has anything to do with THE D.O.C.

Anyways thanks for the story on the Breed Album I will download it and bump it tomorrow on my way to work.

Word.. yeah I didn't know it back in the day either, but it's almost like another G Funk album like Warren, Twinz, Dove Shack -- along that lines.. but didn't sell shit, went totally unnoticed.  But one thing is for sure and that's that Breed must've been a good homie cause he was friends wit everyone and they came to the table for him and it certainly wasn't for money