Author Topic: The ULTIMATE predictions thread (Part 2)  (Read 74 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
The ULTIMATE predictions thread (Part 2)
« on: May 21, 2003, 04:08:42 PM »
I donno how many of y'al remember my last predictions thread about 3 months back, but I made one predictin how many upcoming west coast albums would turn out, jus for fun but also to see what people expect...none of these albums have come out yet, but now we have even more albums we are anticipatin, so I am gonna do it again with even more album predictions...love em hate em respect em or ignore em, doesn't matter....Also leave yours after u read em:

(Note: These are entirely fictional and not based on anything concrete)

Dr. Dre - Detox - 95%: The album the West has waited for, forever...is it what we expected? Well....sorta. Every single track is bangin...the singles are perfect...but for some reason, it jus doesn't give u that feeling u got when u first heard Doggystyle, Chronic or Dre 2001...oh well, it'll be in everybody's rotation for a while. This album helps bring the west back to mainstream, although it doesn't take over tha rap game as the original Chronic did. Only some people think it was a flop, but mainly for personal reasons such as topics, content, and other producers on the album...but damm, Dre sure does bring the best out of the guest producers on the album.

Rakim: Oh my God! - 86%: Oh my God! What do u get when u put the best producer and the best rapper from the 80s together? An album that makes u wish they had hooked up a lot sooner. Rakim comes doper than he did on his last album, but just as on R-A-K-I-M on 8 mile, the result of many songs are just mediocre, mainly because of choruses. This album makes u itch, wishin u could combine paid in full and the chronic and get somethin like "Paid in Chronic" but it doesn't fulfill your expectations.

213 - The Reunion - 84%: Hmm....this album has plently of bangers, but for them makin as many songs as they did, u would think they made better tracks. Warren G is his usual self, comin off coo on some tracks but spittin dumb mess on others...Snoop steps his game up a bit but at the same time runs out of content...and Nate Dogg just isn't the classic Nate we hoped to see...but it's still a pretty good album, just nothin we would have hoped for back in 93-94.

Crooked I - ??? - 65%: Death Row's back??? for real!!! yep, death row has made their return.....to the same state that they were in 1999...barely there. Sure, we all know Crooked I is one of the most talented on the west, we even told our people on other coasts to look out for his album because the west is comin back...well, yeah Crooked I comes dope on some songs, but runs out of content, disses, and the beats just aren't pleasin at all. It has a few walkers, but some songs are terrible, mainly because of bad production.

DJ Quik (???) - 92%: The most confusing, talented, and underrated producer on the West makes his best album since Rhythmalism...it makes you wonder what's been on his mind since that radio interview...and after producin a track on Jay-Z's black album, people from other coasts are lookin at this album, and he is gettin SOME of the respect he deserves. They still think he's too "West Coast" but who cares, it's about the best the West gets on production.

Hi-C - ??? 74%:After gettin some airplay with "Let me know" many people looked out for this album...it has the same effect as 2nd II None Classic 220 in a way, because the beats outshine the rapper....he comes coo on most tracks, but people into lyrics will say he's garbage. His delivery is on point, but u wish he coulda had a ghostwriter.

Suga Free - The New Testament (?) - 82%: Man....the album we've been waitin for since 96....I'll say it is as good as Street Gospel...minus Y u Bull?? and I'd Rather give you my....which were arguably the best tracks. This album has some funny azz moments, and many tite songs....but nothin that stands out like these two songs did in 96 and still do...It makes you want to play street gospel jus listenin to what this album coulda been..makes u wonder why it took him so long to put this together.

Roscoe - Young Philaphornia(??)- 74%: We all hoped Roscoe would be what Kurupt used to be...well, he didn't make it. We all were hyped after hearin "I call shots" but on this album, he doesn't come as dope on any of the tracks. He has suffered a downfall just as his older brother, and what's bad is that this is his first album...maybe if he hooks up with the right people, they will bring the best outta him...until then, he was the Kwame Brown for the west.

Dr. Stank - ??? - 85%: This album may remind us of Suga Free, because only us on the West will kno about it, but we will love it...at the same time, it is so "west coast" the other coasts may not be ready for it. His delivery is on point on every single track, and he has entertaining lyrics for us to play over and over. However, his lyrical content might not be enough for some, but it's still a pretty dope album.

Ice Cube - [Aftermath Debut] - 78%: Dre needs to hire more producers to work with Aftermath because this album seems like he just threw a few beats together that would satisfy Cube, but nothin on here stands out. Cube is back to his 97 form, which was right before he "fell off" in some minds, meaning better than the War and Peace albums but still not old school Cube, but  nobody expected old school cube to return anyway.

The Game a.k.a. Chuck Taylor - ??? - 80%: For those who haven't heard, I will almost call him the west's reply to 50 Cent, or any other NY rapper...this album reminds u of 50's because of how it sounds East and West at the same time...The Game's content runs dry, always rappin about guns and crack as NY rappers do, but he brings it on some songs, givin the West hope of a dope newcomer.

Nate Dogg - ??? - 82%: This album is alright...depends on who's listenin to it. Some may love how he sings to the tite beats, but some may get tired of his singin jus as they did on Music and Me, and wish he had more guest rappers on it. But this is Nate's album. He expands his content from what he had on Music and Me, which makes for a better album.

Warren G - ??? - 76%: When will he learn that he just isn't the same Warren as he was in 94? Beatwise and rapwise, he is just average...has it's few songs that are tite, few that are average, and some that are just weak...just as good/bad as his last album.

Kurupt - Death Row Debut - 62% - What???? Who is this guy rappin? What is he talkin about ??? Not only are most of the beats weak, but Kurupt's lyrics are proof that it's time for him to retire. Maybe the best thing for DPG was for him to leave...cause we are tired of him sayin b**** 80 times a song, thinkin it is tite.

Daz - You know what I'm throwin up - 78%: This album is dope only dependin on what u like. Most of us are tired of Daz usin him and Snoop's old lines and old formulas to make songs (ala dogg Catcha) but u gotta admit, his delivery is still one of the dopest, and his beats are still walkable and bumpable. He might encounter somethin violent after dissin everybody with Tha Row, but he's a G so he can take it....

Bad Azz - ??? - 90%: For those who loved Personal Business but thought Money Run was weak, peep game...Money run was just somethin Hollis threw together that was supposed 2 be a compilation, but they ended up makin it as a solo album, but don't trip...he is back at home where he needs to be, with home production, and daaaamn this gives Personal Business (released and promo) a run for its money. He has improved and still has that killer delivery, and talks a lil mess to spice things up.

Eastsidaz - ??? - 84%: Without Snoop on most tracks, these two hold their own as they do in the LB. Although we may think we are tired of hearin their gang stories, this album reminds us that Tray Dee's lyrics and Goldie's delivery plus dope beats equals a bangin album.

Soopafly - ??? - 89%: This is probably one of the biggest suprise albums of the 2003-2004 West "Comeback." Soopa not only drops beats at a level we haven't heard from him, but he ups his lyrical game and lets us kno he is serious.

E White - 80%: This album came out almost unexpectedly and doesn't get the promotion it should have got...but E White reminds us of Snoop around the time of Doggfather...he is better than many of us may have thought just from hearin a few of his songs, but he is better as a featured artist than one to just make a whole album. For those who have it, we'll be bumpin some tracks, but skip over some that sound rushed.

Sly Boogie - ??? - I honestly haven't heard anything but California, but hopefully this one will be a shocker.

Damn.....I think that's enough.

Overall, the West will make a return to where they were in 2000...back in the mainstream, earnin respect once again, but still not dominatin as we did in the early 90s...We won't sell more than the other coasts, because most of our support will still be from the west since the south has their own music to support now...
« Last Edit: May 21, 2003, 04:11:48 PM by R-Tistic »