Author Topic: Marsha Ambrosius - The Greatest (Produced by Dr. Dre)  (Read 3700 times)

OG Snoopaveli

Re: Marsha Ambrosius - The Greatest (Produced by Dr. Dre)
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2023, 05:23:13 PM »
Production is dope

Tony Trey

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2023, 10:28:59 AM »
Yup, this is a song. I really hope Dre just lets this woman release her album now. Because if he's waiting for some kind of mainstream attention, this isn't going to get any. In fact, no one on this forum would even give a shit if Dre wasn't involved.

Matty

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2023, 12:21:12 PM »
good track but i feel like this project needs to be judged in it's entirety, if it releases.

The following users thanked this post: Dwax-187

Jay_J

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2023, 04:34:44 PM »
it has been 2 years already since album is done and they even made a listening party.

after 2 years they decided to release a single and promotion really sucks. even dr. dre's himself didn't share the song. wtf???

no commercials, no marketing, stream numbers are not going well at all.

seems like marsha is an independent artists and release her own taste of music and doesnt give a fuck about sales.

wtf!!! this is and interscope/aftermath artist!!! where's the lable and marketing?

honestly i believe, lable and dr. dre will not be happy with the interaction and album will be shelved.

by the way I LOVED THE SONG! one of the dopest tracks i heard lately and im sure album is dope too.

dre is about to ruin it. i can feel that.

Dwax-187

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2023, 09:32:16 PM »
Yup, this is a song. I really hope Dre just lets this woman release her album now. Because if he's waiting for some kind of mainstream attention, this isn't going to get any. In fact, no one on this forum would even give a shit if Dre wasn't involved.

I hope this gets released!  This is great music - its definitely not what you are going to hear on Virgin music radio top 40 but nonetheless …

Im sure the doc knows that, he just has to be confident.  The album could get 50 x 5 star reviews from media but not sell shit compared to pop music these days. 

If I was at at the end if my career, quality not quantity would be very important.

soopa-man

« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2023, 05:54:16 PM »
This shit is knocking but it’s Dre and the sound and the samples (which damn he needs to stay in that pocket his shit was a little bland lately). It will be dope to hear the album hopefully we get the chance! Fingers crossed

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2023, 11:57:06 PM »
it has been 2 years already since album is done and they even made a listening party.

after 2 years they decided to release a single and promotion really sucks. even dr. dre's himself didn't share the song. wtf???

no commercials, no marketing, stream numbers are not going well at all.

seems like marsha is an independent artists and release her own taste of music and doesnt give a fuck about sales.

wtf!!! this is and interscope/aftermath artist!!! where's the lable and marketing?

honestly i believe, lable and dr. dre will not be happy with the interaction and album will be shelved.

by the way I LOVED THE SONG! one of the dopest tracks i heard lately and im sure album is dope too.

dre is about to ruin it. i can feel that.

Yeah so who is just sitting back paying for all this????   Okay so Dre’s studio time is worth nothing?  Marsha’s time is worth nothing?  The armies of talented musicians and artists that log hours for this shit??   And what’s the return on the investment??

I swear the music industry makes no fucking sense sometimes.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2023, 01:36:15 PM »
Yeah so who is just sitting back paying for all this????   Okay so Dre’s studio time is worth nothing?  Marsha’s time is worth nothing?  The armies of talented musicians and artists that log hours for this shit??   And what’s the return on the investment??

I swear the music industry makes no fucking sense sometimes.

Just killing time, a bunch of friends hanging out making music.  It's what they enjoy doing. 

Tony Trey

« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2023, 07:24:39 PM »
Just killing time, a bunch of friends hanging out making music.  It's what they enjoy doing.

Okay, that fine if that's what they want to do, but stop talking about it if there's no intent to release any of that music to the public.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2023, 09:23:13 PM »
Okay, that fine if that's what they want to do, but stop talking about it if there's no intent to release any of that music to the public.

To be fair, Dre isn't talking much about it.  It's mainly rappers trolling or producers who are trying to get some clout by posting pictures of them and Dre on IG saying they've been in the studio with him in order to get some views and some work. 

I'm curious, did Dre himself ever mention anything about "Missionary", that he's 100% producing it all and it's definitely coming out?  Or did this come from Snoop and other hanger-ons that are spreading this to get views and attention?

The following users thanked this post: Matty, Dwax-187

AftermathBeats

« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2023, 03:37:24 AM »
To be fair, Dre isn't talking much about it.  It's mainly rappers trolling or producers who are trying to get some clout by posting pictures of them and Dre on IG saying they've been in the studio with him in order to get some views and some work. 

I'm curious, did Dre himself ever mention anything about "Missionary", that he's 100% producing it all and it's definitely coming out?  Or did this come from Snoop and other hanger-ons that are spreading this to get views and attention?

100% right

topdogg188

« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2023, 04:28:32 AM »
i've listened to the song about 5 times now, trying to force myself to be amazed but can't bring myself to say its anything more than average. I been a Floetry fan since Say Yes and Marsha stuff is cool but if this is the single then it is what it is. I'm more impressed with Terrace Martin and Alex Isley that came out last month, Marsha should have just done an album with him her vocals on tracks like this would be great.

The following users thanked this post: Matty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2023, 09:51:28 AM »

I suppose... I guess if you own the studio... and your name is Dr. Dre... I mean people will just come and make music with you for free...

...but there's other factors too.  They say Dre is some big perfectionist and makes people do like 100 takes just for like an outro or something like that.  So...somebody like Busta Rhymes has nothing to do but do 100 takes of an outro for a song that never gets used??

Also.. I liked the song when I heard it but have I gone back and listened to it a second time.  No

BJV

« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2023, 10:10:39 AM »
Is Marsha signed to Aftermath? I doubt she's doing it for free.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2023, 10:18:45 AM »
Is Marsha signed to Aftermath? I doubt she's doing it for free.

Okay great so somebody doesn't mind paying her for all that studio time etc. for an album that will never come out?