Author Topic: Marsha Ambrosius - The Greatest (Produced by Dr. Dre)  (Read 3692 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Marsha Ambrosius - The Greatest (Produced by Dr. Dre)
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2023, 08:04:34 AM »
I don't think Dre produced ANY songs specifically for Pac.  Pac came in and rapped on the Can't C Me beat, which had been done way back for the Dogg Pound album.  Then California Love was already done for Dre's second album and he allowed Pac to spit a verse and put it on his album instead. 

I look at is as Pac came in and they had a bunch of unused beats that Dre made for different artists and Pac cherry picked a few of the beats and rapped over them.  I don't buy this whole notion that Pac and Dre were in the studio together, Dre was coaching Pac, making beats that would fit Pac's rap style, etc.  That's become Dre's narrative over the last 10 years, but it didn't happen that way.

Fun fact from J Flexx:  “California Love” and “Blunt Time” were both made on the same day because Roger Troutman was in the studio doing those hooks and Flexx was writing them.  Dre was rapping the verses. Dre rapped that day on “Blunt Time”

“rollin in  a lotus  /
with soul like otis// reddin /
i end a rappers career like armaggedon/“

Think of a Dre solo album leading off with

“California Love”
“Keep The Heads Wringin”
“Blunt Time”
“Been there Done That”

…if the whole album was on par with the above joints then that shit would’ve been more fire than the Chronic and 2001

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2023, 10:57:13 AM »
Fun fact from J Flexx:  “California Love” and “Blunt Time” were both made on the same day because Roger Troutman was in the studio doing those hooks and Flexx was writing them.  Dre was rapping the verses. Dre rapped that day on “Blunt Time”

“rollin in  a lotus  /
with soul like otis// reddin /
i end a rappers career like armaggedon/“

Think of a Dre solo album leading off with

“California Love”
“Keep The Heads Wringin”
“Blunt Time”
“Been there Done That”

…if the whole album was on par with the above joints then that shit would’ve been more fire than the Chronic and 2001

For sure, i really liked Dre's 95/96 sound.  When he had Flex and Sneed helping him.  Tracks like Nas is Coming and NBK are more that could've been on Chronic 2.  Same with a few of the tracks that DOC ended up using for his Helter Skelter album that were rumored to originally be Chronic 2 tracks.  To me, that's always going to be the biggest loss to hip hop, that a 95/96 Dre Death Row album never dropped. 

Tony Trey

« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2023, 06:41:01 PM »
Pac and Dre had different ways of working...Pac was a one or 2 take, knock many tracks out during a single day type...his work ethic was 2nd to none and rubbed off on a lot of Death Row artists who adapted his way of doing things...that's why a lot of his songs sound raw

Dre was a perfectionist and more methodical but you could never argue with the results of his work either...he would always get the best out of his artists

I understand that. But that wasn't my point. What I was trying to say is at some point, Dre has to finish a song. He can't keep producing something for years and years. Is he ever going to be under pressure to say something is good enough and then release it again? I'm sure a song that's only 90% good enough for Dre's personal standards is still going to shit on nearly every other rap song out there. I don't understand how he doesn't have any one overseeing him. Like someone else said, who the hell is bankrolling the years and years and years of recording with dozens upon dozens of musicians? When will it get to the point that Dre needs to recoup these expenses and potentially make some profit for his investors? Or if he's self funding all this studio time, at what point does he want to make the money back for himself?

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2023, 12:09:01 AM »
I understand that. But that wasn't my point. What I was trying to say is at some point, Dre has to finish a song. He can't keep producing something for years and years. Is he ever going to be under pressure to say something is good enough and then release it again? I'm sure a song that's only 90% good enough for Dre's personal standards is still going to shit on nearly every other rap song out there. I don't understand how he doesn't have any one overseeing him. Like someone else said, who the hell is bankrolling the years and years and years of recording with dozens upon dozens of musicians? When will it get to the point that Dre needs to recoup these expenses and potentially make some profit for his investors? Or if he's self funding all this studio time, at what point does he want to make the money back for himself?

Yes he has his own studio and all his own equipment. And people swing by and jam with him and no one is paying them. It’s friends hanging out. If Dre asked you to come by and rap on something he was working on, you’d do it for free. Guess what, so do these other cats. Dre has more money than he will ever need in his life. He enjoys making music and does it for fun not to release. People need to realize that.

The following users thanked this post: Matty

Matty

« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2023, 01:38:03 AM »
even if people need paying Dre has near-infinite resources so there's never any onus to release any music whatsoever. as far as music creation goes it's like money doesn't exist.

recording a 5-star album with Marsha - paying all the musicians, engineers, orchestra you name it. that's literally pocket money for him.

The following users thanked this post: Marco

mtbsm

« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2023, 05:30:35 AM »
Didn’t know that story about blunt time

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2023, 12:02:53 PM »
For sure, i really liked Dre's 95/96 sound.  When he had Flex and Sneed helping him.  Tracks like Nas is Coming and NBK are more that could've been on Chronic 2.  Same with a few of the tracks that DOC ended up using for his Helter Skelter album that were rumored to originally be Chronic 2 tracks.  To me, that's always going to be the biggest loss to hip hop, that a 95/96 Dre Death Row album never dropped.

Yeah no doubt… and we could even add East Coast Killaz/West Coast Killaz to the mix because if “Been There Done That” was done with Flexx it’s likely he originally cooked up the beat at least when he was at Death Row…but maybe KRS and Nas and all that had to come later—no way Nas was with Dre on Death Row but at least the beat…

What DOC songs you think were Chronic 2 exactly.

I agree with you though—I mean can you imagine if Dre sequenced all those joints and had skits and intros and everything and was able to make those joints all flow in one concept and it was released in the Fall on Death Row?!?  Instead of in the fall on Aftermath. 

I mean — shit, Snoop would’ve definitely had to push back Doggfather because there would’ve been no way Snoop could exist in a space with All Eyez On Me, Chronic 2, and a 7 Day Theory album (minus the Dre disses).

I still bug out over this alternative timeline/history of Dre never leaves Death Row I mean we might be talking like Michael Jackson Thriller type numbers it’s hard to conceive which is why Pac had to die cause no way they’d let a G like Suge reach that level in this Illuminati Matrix
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2023, 02:56:44 PM »
Yeah no doubt… and we could even add East Coast Killaz/West Coast Killaz to the mix because if “Been There Done That” was done with Flexx it’s likely he originally cooked up the beat at least when he was at Death Row…but maybe KRS and Nas and all that had to come later—no way Nas was with Dre on Death Row but at least the beat…

What DOC songs you think were Chronic 2 exactly.

I agree with you though—I mean can you imagine if Dre sequenced all those joints and had skits and intros and everything and was able to make those joints all flow in one concept and it was released in the Fall on Death Row?!?  Instead of in the fall on Aftermath. 

I mean — shit, Snoop would’ve definitely had to push back Doggfather because there would’ve been no way Snoop could exist in a space with All Eyez On Me, Chronic 2, and a 7 Day Theory album (minus the Dre disses).

I still bug out over this alternative timeline/history of Dre never leaves Death Row I mean we might be talking like Michael Jackson Thriller type numbers it’s hard to conceive which is why Pac had to die cause no way they’d let a G like Suge reach that level in this Illuminati Matrix

I believe the beats for Da Hereafter and Secret Plan were done over at Death Row. Listen to those tracks and listen to NBK and some of the songs from Sam Sneed’s unreleased Death Row album like Bone Breakerz and you can definitely hear alot of resemblances.

Jay_J

« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2023, 03:18:18 AM »
first single made 55k listeners on youtube and its almost been a month already.

i don't think it will come out.

maybe 10 years it will leak.

Jay_J

« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2023, 03:18:28 AM »

maybe 10 years later it will leak.

Tony Trey

« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2023, 11:12:02 AM »

maybe 10 years later it will leak.

Is anyone surprised by the lack of interest? It doesn't sound like what's popular in music today and Marsha is not exactly a household name with a devoted fanbase. Hell, in my opinion, no one here would give two shits if Dre wasn't involved.

mtbsm

« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2023, 02:55:55 AM »
Regardless if sells or not, isn't it good that Dre producing and releasing music for the sake of it ?

Real reason we may get this is that there isn't past work to compare this to for him. Not the same old lane he's been in so can't disappoint die hard fans, or himself, too much

Young Old Head

« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2023, 04:06:00 AM »
Is anyone surprised by the lack of interest? It doesn't sound like what's popular in music today and Marsha is not exactly a household name with a devoted fanbase. Hell, in my opinion, no one here would give two shits if Dre wasn't involved.

U ain't lying. Still too bad tho, the music's fire

Cash Money Blood Gang

Jay_J

« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2023, 04:51:05 AM »

The following users thanked this post: astra4322

astra4322

« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2023, 07:30:11 AM »
live performance (36:05)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzsFOTvCW0E#t=36m05s

So album will be approx. 35 minutes long? It will fir new standards. Once EP now LP.