Author Topic: BILLBOARDS TOP 25 RAP PRODUCERS OF ALL TIME  (Read 1384 times)

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
Re: BILLBOARDS TOP 25 RAP PRODUCERS OF ALL TIME
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2023, 01:16:06 PM »
Quik actually produced a lot of the joints you just gave Daz credit for. Quik has spoken on it many times. He got money under the table and Suge wanted to build Daz up at the time as the next great producer since Dre was out the door. I was at a Quik show a couple weeks ago and he has a small part of the show where he says I bet you didn’t know I produced these and he pretty much played every Daz produced track off AEOM and some more from the Death Row Era

Quik is by far the most underrated producer he deserves the #2 spot right after Dre

If you disagree with that take you just aren’t familiar enough with his discography

The following users thanked this post: Marco

h2k4

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2023, 11:19:06 AM »
The list is pretty solid, especially the top 10.

Daz had involvement in some pretty classic albums during the 2-3 year stretch with Death Row but if we are being honest, he hasn't had a classic album under his belt nor does he have classic songs that charted since then.

Young Old Head

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2023, 09:50:57 AM »
https://www.billboard.com/lists/best-rap-producers-all-time-hip-hop/

9th Wonder < DJ Muggs

Bomb Squad < D.I.T.C. (Buckwild/Lord Finesse/Diamond D)

Larry Smith < Havoc/Easy Mo Bee

Metro Boomin < 808 Mafia

40 < Alchemist

The ranking's also pure BS... It's Billboard tho  ::)

Cash Money Blood Gang

The following users thanked this post: Marco

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2023, 10:10:38 AM »
Quik actually produced a lot of the joints you just gave Daz credit for. Quik has spoken on it many times. He got money under the table and Suge wanted to build Daz up at the time as the next great producer since Dre was out the door. I was at a Quik show a couple weeks ago and he has a small part of the show where he says I bet you didn’t know I produced these and he pretty much played every Daz produced track off AEOM and some more from the Death Row Era

Quik is by far the most underrated producer he deserves the #2 spot right after Dre

If you disagree with that take you just aren’t familiar enough with his discography

Well that’s dope if you caught that exclusive at one of Quik’s shows—but…

Daz was producing BOMZ in those days.  So was Quik ghost producing everything, “What Would You Do”, “Who Got Gangsta Shit”, Dogg Food, “Nuthin But a Cavi”, “Me in Your World” you gonna tell me Quik was ghost producing all dem bombz?? 

And Quik’s thing at his show was basically him blurring the lines between “mixing” and “producing” and I’m sure Quik ain’t lying and it’s more a semantic exercise about what does it actually mean to be a “producer” (likely both contributed) but you can’t tell me Daz wasn’t capable of making those BOMBZ on All Eyez On Me and Suge had to lie for him to get credit—never that.  Ya’ll are Quik groupies for some reason but one day when you die and gotta stare your maker in da Eyez y’all gone finally Rekognize — the DAZ !!!!!!!!!
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2023, 03:12:30 PM »
Well that’s dope if you caught that exclusive at one of Quik’s shows—but…

Daz was producing BOMZ in those days.  So was Quik ghost producing everything, “What Would You Do”, “Who Got Gangsta Shit”, Dogg Food, “Nuthin But a Cavi”, “Me in Your World” you gonna tell me Quik was ghost producing all dem bombz?? 

And Quik’s thing at his show was basically him blurring the lines between “mixing” and “producing” and I’m sure Quik ain’t lying and it’s more a semantic exercise about what does it actually mean to be a “producer” (likely both contributed) but you can’t tell me Daz wasn’t capable of making those BOMBZ on All Eyez On Me and Suge had to lie for him to get credit—never that.  Ya’ll are Quik groupies for some reason but one day when you die and gotta stare your maker in da Eyez y’all gone finally Rekognize — the DAZ !!!!!!!!!

what would u do, dogg food = dre

who got some gangsta shit = daz wasn’t even credited on this one, its a soopafly solo production

nothing but a cavi hit, me in your world = soopafly

the point is not that quik produced everything on his own but rather that it was a collaborative effort and that daz, in specific, is someone who needs a team effort to make top notch beats

not that there’s anything wrong wit that .. he’s a legend

but quik is unequivocally a better musician and overall producer

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2023, 03:37:32 PM »
There’s a couple videos from the death row vault that describes all the leftover songs from doggfather and Doggystyle. They play the beat Daz had for serial Killa before it was serial Killa and the only thing similar is the bass line. That’s the type of production Daz did. He would come with a very bare bones skeleton of a beat and other guys like soopafly Dre quik would add layers and polish it up and finalize it into the version you hear

Daz definitely was not producing those classic joints on his own

Even when Daz left death row and did that Dillinger & young gotti album he had Mike Dean with him

Sccit

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2023, 04:12:41 PM »
There’s a couple videos from the death row vault that describes all the leftover songs from doggfather and Doggystyle. They play the beat Daz had for serial Killa before it was serial Killa and the only thing similar is the bass line. That’s the type of production Daz did. He would come with a very bare bones skeleton of a beat and other guys like soopafly Dre quik would add layers and polish it up and finalize it into the version you hear

Daz definitely was not producing those classic joints on his own

Even when Daz left death row and did that Dillinger & young gotti album he had Mike Dean with him

mike dean

another legend that should be on this list

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2023, 04:27:59 PM »

what would u do, dogg food = dre

who got some gangsta shit = daz wasn’t even credited on this one, its a soopafly solo production

nothing but a cavi hit, me in your world = soopafly

Then regarding what I said replace "21 Jumpstreet" (Daz) with "Who Got Some Gangsta Shit" (Soopafly) because they are both classic and nearly interchangeable

...yes.. Quik knows how to play a fuccin flute, he brags about that shit in every interview and apparantly every concert he's so bitter about his credits remember he was complaining about the fuccin sound man or lights man his whole set at Power 106 back in the day

Sccit

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2023, 04:39:46 PM »
Then regarding what I said replace "21 Jumpstreet" (Daz) with "Who Got Some Gangsta Shit" (Soopafly) because they are both classic and nearly interchangeable

...yes.. Quik knows how to play a fuccin flute, he brags about that shit in every interview and apparantly every concert he's so bitter about his credits remember he was complaining about the fuccin sound man or lights man his whole set at Power 106 back in the day

21 jumpstreet is daz and soopafly

yes quik is a primadonna and egomaniac

no one ever argued that

but he’s real … he acknowledges that dre is above him and admits dre ghost produced for him

that’s how u know he’s not fakin the funk .. but even witout him admitting, sometimes these things ain’t that hard to see when u can read the situation beyond what’s presented

dnjp4life

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2024, 04:04:03 AM »
Madlib would personally be higher up on the list, dude is outrageous with the sampling and unconventional beats.

And even though Battlecat perhaps isn't quite up there on an objective list like this, he makes the most instantly recognisable west-coast sounding beats out of all of the rap producers from the west, and I include Dr. Dre in that (even though he deserves to be numero uno on the list).

I agree that Daz should feature somewhere on the list.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2024, 09:51:54 AM »
Actually it's not a bad list—it's better than any of those lists from Rolling Stone. 

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2024, 12:11:35 PM »
well you got a point there I mean he was pretty much teamed with Dre in his early prime and then in his later prime like RRGB era Soopafly was around for a lot of that and they pretty much were a team.  Soopafly shares a lot of the credits on RRGB and that era of Daz music

Soopafly is the one that doesn't get the credit he deserves.  THE MAN has had his hand in more hits than many people even know.  And he's very humble about it.  He ain't on youtube complaining about not getting credit. 

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2024, 12:57:19 PM »
Soopafly is the one that doesn't get the credit he deserves.  THE MAN has had his hand in more hits than many people even know.  And he's very humble about it.  He ain't on youtube complaining about not getting credit.

Nobody Macks a bitch and backhands her like soopafly

He’s the OG pimps pimp

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2024, 02:16:57 PM »

he's never done an interview ever that I've seen on anything... in fact he's kind of an enigma

b.laden

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2024, 02:02:55 AM »
23 the bomb squad..they re  number 1
bullshit  list no Daz,Big Hutch ,zaytoven,mr lee and mike Dean..
kanye west and dj premier are overrated