Author Topic: DPG The Unreleased Collection Album released around 2005 ya'll heard of this?  (Read 860 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
https://youtu.be/UFQzCIQibEE?si=W3WKz8xLcwvuAUHd

this is pretty dope I just now heard of it on the new Doggfather leftovers video I'll post later
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Tony Trey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Yeah, this was a dope album. Japan got a couple unofficial albums around that time.

https://www.discogs.com/release/1129410-DPG-The-Unreleased-Collection

https://www.discogs.com/master/256881-Tha-Dogg-Pound-DPGC-The-Remix-LP

This sounds like it might be the 2nd best DPG album after Doggfood.  There’s another one called Dogg Pound Mixtape that is really great and it kind of reminds me of that album—it’s got a lot of Tray Dee and Snoop and LBC Crew—but that one has songs on it we already know—this one I’m surprised by all the totally unheard stuff.  Nobody has ever posted about this album?

Yeah I’m going to be adding to this thread later but I just heard of this album yesterday—but soon I want to do a full review.  Are you the homie that’s doing those high quality videos about the Doggystyle leftovers and then the new one on the Doggfather leftovers?   If so we got to link and trade contact on Facebook or WhatsApp or whatever messenger you use.  Those videos were so well done.

Sccit

This sounds like it might be the 2nd best DPG album after Doggfood.  There’s another one called Dogg Pound Mixtape that is really great and it kind of reminds me of that album—it’s got a lot of Tray Dee and Snoop and LBC Crew—but that one has songs on it we already know—this one I’m surprised by all the totally unheard stuff.  Nobody has ever posted about this album?

Yeah I’m going to be adding to this thread later but I just heard of this album yesterday—but soon I want to do a full review.  Are you the homie that’s doing those high quality videos about the Doggystyle leftovers and then the new one on the Doggfather leftovers?   If so we got to link and trade contact on Facebook or WhatsApp or whatever messenger you use.  Those videos were so well done.

the 2nd best is dillinger and young gotti .. and for a classic album of previously unreleased death row shit check 2002

• Muthafuckin' Don!

the 2nd best is dillinger and young gotti .. and for a classic album of previously unreleased death row shit check 2002

Okay so you say Dillinger and Young Gotti is the second best, but have you heard this one before—DPG The Unreleased Collection released in 05'?  What about the Dogg Pound Mixtape (though that's not really an official release more like a bootleg)?  Because I put those two ahead of Dillinger and Young Gotti

k1000

This sounds like it might be the 2nd best DPG album after Doggfood.

don't consider this an album. Don't even know why you compare it to "Dogg Food" ; Kurupt is not on this collection and some songs were previously released on official albums.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Yeah, this was a dope album. Japan got a couple unofficial albums around that time.

https://www.discogs.com/release/1129410-DPG-The-Unreleased-Collection

https://www.discogs.com/master/256881-Tha-Dogg-Pound-DPGC-The-Remix-LP

So what's the label that released this on discogs?  Like who owns this DPG Unreleased Collection.  If I buy it on there who does the money go to?  Daz?  Kurupt?  Or some fan made it?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
don't consider this an album. Don't even know why you compare it to "Dogg Food" ; Kurupt is not on this collection and some songs were previously released on official albums.

The Discogs thing say it was released on DPG Records, so isn't that an official release from Daz label?

Sccit

Okay so you say Dillinger and Young Gotti is the second best, but have you heard this one before—DPG The Unreleased Collection released in 05'?  What about the Dogg Pound Mixtape (though that's not really an official release more like a bootleg)?  Because I put those two ahead of Dillinger and Young Gotti

it looks like a bootleg .. tbh it’s not even a dogg pound album.. more like a compilation. kurupt isn’t even on it and daz is only on 5 outa 18 joints lol

i’ve heard most those joints on other projects

it’s not a dpg release.. looks like some label in japan simply paid daz (dpg records) to put it out and use his labels likeness

have you heard 2002?

• Muthafuckin' Don!

have you heard 2002?

2002?? what's that

Sccit

HighEyeCue

2002 and Doggy Bag were both dope and released on Death Row

The Last Of Tha Pound released by Daz was good as well

Tony Trey

So what's the label that released this on discogs?  Like who owns this DPG Unreleased Collection.  If I buy it on there who does the money go to?  Daz?  Kurupt?  Or some fan made it?

Discogs isn't a label. It's just a website. Kind of like IMDB (internet movie database), but for music. And those are all private sellers, so it's like buying something off of eBay. The money goes to the person or company selling the physical product.

As to what label those releases were on, I think they're just bootlegs. So they're not official releases and not on real record labels

Speaking of bootlegs, you ever hear of 2pac's The Hereafter? https://www.discogs.com/master/849138-Tupac-Feat-The-Notorious-BIG-The-Here-After

Mr. Sunshine

At the time I think they were just traveling a lot in Japan or there was the Connection, Octave is a real label and if it was a bootleg, then Daz would keep suing them, I think it was something like a distribution

Tony Trey

At the time I think they were just traveling a lot in Japan or there was the Connection, Octave is a real label and if it was a bootleg, then Daz would keep suing them, I think it was something like a distribution

How would Daz have the ability to let these Japanese labels release music that he had no involvement in? He's only featured on/produced a small number of the songs on the Unreleased Collection and the Remix LP. I think they're 100% bootlegs.