Author Topic: Jimmy Iovine to become Snoop Dogg's boss !?!  (Read 549 times)

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Re:Jimmy Iovine to become Snoop Dogg's boss !?!
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2003, 08:52:25 PM »
speaking of Common how come they never released the second single...I thought It was "I am Music"

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2003, 08:58:56 PM »
interscope only promote cds they expect to blow up..................ask tupac.....uhhm sorry i mean tupacs mother.....

TOOTHBRUSH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • dpg production
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2003, 09:08:28 PM »
maybe he can redo the roster a little too, i mean he could have tha pound, e white, and delano, then sign tha eastsidaz after this next album cause there contract will be up..........not to mention the one time 213 album

they should not drop latoya but repackage her as a solo artist not under doggystyle
"its tha pimp of tha crew soopafly comin through wit a dick and a couple balls just to name a few"-soopafly

TOOTHBRUSH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • dpg production
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2003, 09:18:59 PM »
where is this on that site? i don't see it
"its tha pimp of tha crew soopafly comin through wit a dick and a couple balls just to name a few"-soopafly

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2003, 09:24:15 PM »
maybe he can redo the roster a little too, i mean he could have tha pound, e white, and delano, then sign tha eastsidaz after this next album cause there contract will be up..........not to mention the one time 213 album

they should not drop latoya but repackage her as a solo artist not under doggystyle

E-White Good
Soopafly tight
Delano We dont know yet
Tha Eastsidaz good
LaToiya WilliamsTight
213 Great

and about LaToiya Williams she might be the one That Put DoggyStyle on top so I think its better if she's still under DoggyStyle, and Tha Eastsidaz are Better with IV Life Records

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2003, 09:38:50 PM »
I  can't wait. Though I didn't find it on the site either. I hope they ain't bullshittng us. And how wouldn't trust Rawkis, or Twalib Kweli, or Common, or the Roots. Hell they get nominated for Grammies, it's just that they don't seem to sell under MCA, which wasn't selling anything anyways. I thinking Jimmy could expect them to blow up with the right promotion. but I hope we ain't being bullshitted.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2003, 09:43:00 PM »
I  can't wait. Though I didn't find it on the site either. I hope they ain't bullshittng us. And how wouldn't trust Rawkis, or Twalib Kweli, or Common, or the Roots. Hell they get nominated for Grammies, it's just that they don't seem to sell under MCA, which wasn't selling anything anyways. I thinking Jimmy could expect them to blow up with the right promotion. but I hope we ain't being bullshitted.

yeah it would be good for them...good promotion is what they need to blow up and if jimmy can bring them that well it might be the return of real HipHop

TOOTHBRUSH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • dpg production
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2003, 10:27:04 PM »

E-White Good
Soopafly tight
Delano We dont know yet
Tha Eastsidaz good
LaToiya WilliamsTight
213 Great

and about LaToiya Williams she might be the one That Put DoggyStyle on top so I think its better if she's still under DoggyStyle, and Tha Eastsidaz are Better with IV Life Records

i agree that latoya has a chance to sell but i think of doggystyle as a rap label, i ain't sayin they should ditch her but she shouldn't be one of their main artists....................heres the way they should release there albums:

213 ---- will blow up, sets table for dogghouse as big label

tha pound---- released a a few months after 213 will be a a big release and could be another plat group will at least go gold no doubt

snoop solo---- it will be about 1 1/2 years at least since his last solo, you need to keep shit movin it's still his label

e. white----he will be featured on all these albums, probably others it will get his name out and dogghouse will be big he should be able with the right promotion/single go at least gold which ain't bad

after this it would be time for another eastsidaz album, if there on dogghouse, soopa solo, another pound or 213 record, or delano i mean really dogghouse could run shit

Jome

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2003, 11:47:02 PM »
More important, other artist are now under Interscope, like Common!!!!!!!!! MCA has a great roster, now it's time to step it up, Rawkus is under MCA, imagion a hip-hop world were Rawkus is the highest selling lable... my God hip-hop is finally coming home.

Oh hell yeah, I didn't even think about that one..
Pharoahe Monch going 5x times platinum..  ;D ;D ;D

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2003, 12:37:29 AM »
if this is true its probably an excuse to drop some artists as mca hasn't done that well latly paying too much for labels

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Devon (BP)

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
Re:Jimmy Irvine to become Snoop Dogg's boss !?!
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2003, 01:00:10 AM »
Yeah, that's tight news. Interscope treats their labels really well,

The answer is no. They don't treat their labels really well. If it wasn't for deathrow records then they'd be bankrupt by now. They ought to remember that when they dont promote a lot of 2Pac albums

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2003, 03:18:35 AM »
its hard to promote a dead artist

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

jacktheripper

• 'G'
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2003, 08:29:17 AM »
Tha Eastsidaz are Better with IV Life Records

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2003, 08:50:50 AM »

E-White Good
Soopafly tight
Delano We dont know yet
Tha Eastsidaz good
LaToiya WilliamsTight
213 Great

i agree that latoya has a chance to sell but i think of doggystyle as a rap label, i ain't sayin they should ditch her but she shouldn't be one of their main artists....................heres the way they should release there albums:

213 ---- will blow up, sets table for dogghouse as big label

tha pound---- released a a few months after 213 will be a a big release and could be another plat group will at least go gold no doubt

snoop solo---- it will be about 1 1/2 years at least since his last solo, you need to keep shit movin it's still his label

e. white----he will be featured on all these albums, probably others it will get his name out and dogghouse will be big he should be able with the right promotion/single go at least gold which ain't bad

after this it would be time for another eastsidaz album, if there on dogghouse, soopa solo, another pound or 213 record, or delano i mean really dogghouse could run shit

Thats the thing Dog, Thinking  of DoggyStyle as a rap label aint good you should think about it as a Urban Music Label.Sure most of Y'all are fans of That Gangsta shit and dont give a fuck about singers but having singers on your label its good because it shows that you're versatile.and again  to be on top you have to make music to please everybody not only the fans & just in case if you didnt know she's the reason why "Baby If You're Ready" went Gold

for 213 It will do well because of Snoop & Nate Dogg

E-White the only thing that could save him is a Gangsta Anthem

Delano since he's a teenager he might blow and have a fan base like B2K  and that means more money for Tha Bo$$
so If the promotion is right they might run shit in 2004
« Last Edit: May 22, 2003, 08:52:49 AM by .:Bigg Chillah:. »

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2003, 09:20:49 AM »
and it would be good for them if they release the Christmas compilation that was supposed to come out last year