Author Topic: Snoops best era 1999-2004 imo  (Read 1891 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Snoops best era 1999-2004 imo
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2024, 12:11:45 PM »
you have to realize he might have started to listen to Snoop during that era...Nostalgia goes a long way

I thought it was nostalgia but then when like my own son who didn't even grow up in those times, likes the same stuff I like it makes you wonder.

Like for example, 80's love songs.  I promise you you could play somebody those songs that wasn't even alive then and they will be like "damn that's good music."  Same with mid 90's rap.  you can play somebody never born then and shit like "california Love" is undeniable.

So it's kind of hard to say like, how much of what we like is just nostalgia and how much of it is objectively legit? 

I fuccin live in the Arab Gulf now and you wouldn't believe how many kids at the beach or at the mall that are only like 15 or 16 years old are walking around with 2pac shirts. 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2024, 12:31:37 PM »
Well yeah 2pac is an iconic figure on the levels of Bob Marley and Michael Jackson. You can tell from when you walk down the tourist trap spots like Hollywood walk of fame or Venice beach and all the vendors/shops have t shirts with only faces of legends on them. They will live on forever

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2024, 05:23:16 AM »
Well yeah 2pac is an iconic figure on the levels of Bob Marley and Michael Jackson. You can tell from when you walk down the tourist trap spots like Hollywood walk of fame or Venice beach and all the vendors/shops have t shirts with only faces of legends on them. They will live on forever

I'm lucky to say I was alive and well for the entirety of 2pac's career.  I remember when "Humpty Dance" was big (though of course Pac was just a roadie) and  I remember vividly when tracks like "I Get Around" and "Keep Your Head Up" debuted it was all the best times ever when Pac was doing it
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)