Author Topic: As far as tha last meal goes!  (Read 1248 times)

HighEyeCue

Re: As far as tha last meal goes!
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2024, 04:08:13 AM »
IMO the only 2 joints that can go are I Can't Swim and Back Up off Me...if you cut those you have a classic

sure the advance had several tracks that should have made the album but I believe the retail had more than enough dope songs

mtbsm

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2024, 09:43:01 AM »
been a while since i heard the advance, gotta revisit it

Dwax-187

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2024, 12:19:33 PM »
Was Aint No Bacctrackin on one of the advances with George Clinton?  That was one of my favourites, cant believe they removed that.  :o

Sccit

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2024, 05:13:57 PM »
Was Aint No Bacctrackin on one of the advances with George Clinton?  That was one of my favourites, cant believe they removed that.  :o

another 1 i forgot to mention

mtbsm

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2024, 04:18:35 AM »

Damn that song is incredible. Where can I find a complete collection of the advance tracks? I’m missing a couple !

HighEyeCue

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2024, 04:28:09 AM »

The following users thanked this post: mtbsm, Dwax-187

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2024, 04:33:55 AM »
replace ready 2 ryde, back up off me, i can’t swim and issues with back up hoe, father’s day, you i adore and purple

and it’s a classic

still a great album tho

I'm wit Sccit and Siavash on this one since back in the day.  I loved "I Adore You" and "Purple" and used to have good memories my first year out the house livin on my own and bangin out to those joints.  Remember this albums release was only one week away from the release of Xzibit's Restlesss.  Can you imagine?  Two Classic West Coast Resurgence albums within one week that's a mind-blowing era, and both went platinum.  Got to bring up the tracklist to kind of remember—but I added my two favorite joints from the advance and removed the tracks I used to skip to see what it looks like.

1.     "Hennesey n Buddah" (featuring Kokane) - fuckin classic
2.   "Snoop Dogg (What's My Name Pt. 2)"   Timbaland   - was good for a single and nice joint but not classic   
3.   "Wrong Idea" (featuring Bad Azz, Kokane, and Lil' ˝ Dead) -  this was such a great song they even used it to jump off Bad Azz album with a music video
4.   "Go Away" (featuring Kokane) - Holy Shit!! I always loved this song it just creates a mood so deep and introspective puts you in that zone.  Reminds me of "My Heat Goes Boom" type of track or "The Shiznit" it's just like one of those great album cuts that's not a single but really contributes to the overall feel and quality of the album   
5.   "Stacey Adams" (featuring Kokane) - This joint was just "okay"
6.   "Lay Low" (featuring Nate Dogg, Butch Cassidy, Tha Eastsidaz, and Master P)  - This joint is like the "Bitch Please" or "Gin and Juice" of Last Meal I mean folks still talk about it to this day and "you better lay low" has even became like a popular catch phrase throughout the years Whitney Houston said it at an award show in the same cadence as Nate.  Flawless Dre banger and one of the classic all time West Coast joints
7.   "Issues"   Meech Wells - I really like this joint I'm telling you Meach does his thing, not as good as tracks like "G Thang" and "My Heat Goes Boom" but more along the lines of like a "She's In Love With A Thug"
8.   "Y'all Gone Miss Me" (featuring Kokane)
9.   "Purple" great cut from the advance
10.   "I Adore You" the other cut I used to bump from the advance

That's only 10 tracks deep with no skips from my side.  This is what I remember.  For whatever reason though I've haven't gone back and bumped this album.  I used to listen to it everyday after it came out for several months, but when I stopped, I stopped, and never went back.  Not because it's not classic, I just think my mood changed or something.  Like I'd be more likely to go back and bump Doggfather than this one and I consider this one far superior to Doggfather it's just Doggfather fits my mood now more for some reason.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

F-cisco

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2024, 09:51:00 PM »
The advance was my first bootleg! I paid a homie from school to burn me a copy! The album slips in quality after the first 12 songs, I wish he would have put on there “Pop ya Collar”, “Money 2 Fold”, “Catastrophic”, “ Backtracking”, and “ U can’t out pimp a pimp”.

Dwax-187

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2024, 10:12:56 PM »
I'm wit Sccit and Siavash on this one since back in the day.  I loved "I Adore You" and "Purple" and used to have good memories my first year out the house livin on my own and bangin out to those joints.  Remember this albums release was only one week away from the release of Xzibit's Restlesss.  Can you imagine?  Two Classic West Coast Resurgence albums within one week that's a mind-blowing era, and both went platinum.  Got to bring up the tracklist to kind of remember—but I added my two favorite joints from the advance and removed the tracks I used to skip to see what it looks like.

1.     "Hennesey n Buddah" (featuring Kokane) - fuckin classic
2.   "Snoop Dogg (What's My Name Pt. 2)"   Timbaland   - was good for a single and nice joint but not classic   
3.   "Wrong Idea" (featuring Bad Azz, Kokane, and Lil' ˝ Dead) -  this was such a great song they even used it to jump off Bad Azz album with a music video
4.   "Go Away" (featuring Kokane) - Holy Shit!! I always loved this song it just creates a mood so deep and introspective puts you in that zone.  Reminds me of "My Heat Goes Boom" type of track or "The Shiznit" it's just like one of those great album cuts that's not a single but really contributes to the overall feel and quality of the album   
5.   "Stacey Adams" (featuring Kokane) - This joint was just "okay"
6.   "Lay Low" (featuring Nate Dogg, Butch Cassidy, Tha Eastsidaz, and Master P)  - This joint is like the "Bitch Please" or "Gin and Juice" of Last Meal I mean folks still talk about it to this day and "you better lay low" has even became like a popular catch phrase throughout the years Whitney Houston said it at an award show in the same cadence as Nate.  Flawless Dre banger and one of the classic all time West Coast joints
12.   "Issues"   Meech Wells - I really like this joint I'm telling you Meach does his thing, not as good as tracks like "G Thang" and "My Heat Goes Boom" but more along the lines of like a "She's In Love With A Thug"
13.   "Y'all Gone Miss Me" (featuring Kokane)
14.   "Purple" great cut from the advance
15.   "I Adore You" the other cut I used to bump from the advance

That's 15 tracks deep with no skips from my side.  This is what I remember.  For whatever reason though I've haven't gone back and bumped this album.  I used to listen to it everyday after it came out for several months, but when I stopped, I stopped, and never went back.  Not because it's not classic, I just think my mood changed or something.  Like I'd be more likely to go back and bump Doggfather than this one and I consider this one far superior to Doggfather it's just Doggfather fits my mood now more for some reason.

How did you miss tracks 7-11?  Maybe those are the alternatives.

Dwax-187

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2024, 10:19:54 PM »
Damn that song is incredible. Where can I find a complete collection of the advance tracks? I’m missing a couple !

Yessir it is.  What happened to Meech Wells?  Where did he go?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2024, 11:10:37 PM »
How did you miss tracks 7-11?  Maybe those are the alternatives.

mistake, I fixed it and now the album is only 10 tracks, damn... guess I used to skip more than I thought from Last Meal

b.laden

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2024, 02:20:08 AM »
Great album, but too much Kokane for me (and I love Kokane)
without Kokane, the album would sound  commercial .. snoop rap good on the album but i m not a big fan of the beats. bad azz killed it on the song wrong idea

dnjp4life

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2024, 08:07:28 AM »
What lets the album down for me is the last four or five tracks.  Get rid of those and you have a Snoop album that is really very close to Doggystyle in terms of quality. 

I don't know why no one in Snoop's team ever told him to shorten his albums a little, or is it really true that most of them go into 20+ tracks because of his affiliation with the Rollin' 20 Crips (which someone theorised on here a while ago)?

Sccit

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2024, 08:08:21 AM »
What lets the album down for me is the last four or five tracks.  Get rid of those and you have a Snoop album that is really very close to Doggystyle in terms of quality. 

I don't know why no one in Snoop's team ever told him to shorten his albums a little, or is it really true that most of them go into 20+ tracks because of his affiliation with the Rollin' 20 Crips (which someone theorised on here a while ago)?

lol naah

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2024, 09:31:47 AM »

how can you not like "Ya'll Gone Miss Me"