Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: Shohei Ohtani signs 10 year, 700 million contract with the Dodger  (Read 311 times)

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/39076745/shohei-ohtani-join-dodgers-10-year-700m-deal

Espn just reported this a few minutes ago.  I'm shocked why the local channels didn't have a breaking news story about this.  Ohtani is the best player in baseball.  I know when the Lakers got O'Neal it was breaking news.  I just hope he can be the 1st player to fulfill & be worth 10 years.  Cause 10 year contracts in baseball never ends well.  Now if the dodgers can trade/get rid of Kershaw for pitchers who can win in the postseason, they can be really considered world series contenders.  Feels good to be the 1st in reporting news this quickly.

Not much of a surprise Ohtani would end up a dodger, he talked about wanting to win & prefer to be on the left coast.  Finally someone in sports told the truth about going to a particular team in free agency.  Angels weren't winning with Ohtani & Trout.  Dang, & just when Anaheim said they weren't trading Trout-the greatest player in baseball-THAT NOBODY WATCHES  :D  Now if the dodger fans can chill out & act civilzed for a while, maybe they get good karma & win more world series.

Sccit

maybe this will help us stop regularly underperform in the playoffs

:ohwell:

HighEyeCue

I'm not a Dodger fan but 700 mill is crazy...I dont care how good Ohtani is

plus theres no guarantee he will pitch again, so maybe all that money is for a DH :grumpy:

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

I'm not a Dodger fan but 700 mill is crazy...I dont care how good Ohtani is

plus theres no guarantee he will pitch again, so maybe all that money is for a DH :grumpy:
He will, just not in 2024.  I agree with $700 million is too much.  At least he will defer lots of that amount to later years so the team can get more players to finally be a dynasty.  And they got the pitcher from japan also. 

HighEyeCue

He will, just not in 2024.  I agree with $700 million is too much.  At least he will defer lots of that amount to later years so the team can get more players to finally be a dynasty.  And they got the pitcher from japan also.

I wish the Mets would have gotten that pitcher :grumpy:

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
I always dreamed of this guy playing in the NL when they had no DH and pitchers had to hit, but didn't they change that rule recently?
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

HighEyeCue

I always dreamed of this guy playing in the NL when they had no DH and pitchers had to hit, but didn't they change that rule recently?

yeah they decided to give weak NL teams like the Mets have the DH but it didn't work at least for them LOL

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
Dodgers have been stacked every year and barely can win a game in the playoffs. Now they’re stacked more than ever. Any year they don’t win a chip is a huge bust with a roster like that.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Dodgers have been stacked every year and barely can win a game in the playoffs. Now they’re stacked more than ever. Any year they don’t win a chip is a huge bust with a roster like that.

Baseball is so screwed up man, how is a small market team like the Kansas City Royals expected to compete with the Dodgers, Mets, and Yankees.

And don't give me that crap about the Royals won it in 2015'.  Do you know how many 100 loss seasons we have had?  Royals have only had just 4 winning seasons in the last 30 years!!

2014, 2015, 2013, and 2003.. those are the only winning seasons the Royals have had since 1993

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
Baseball is so screwed up man, how is a small market team like the Kansas City Royals expected to compete with the Dodgers, Mets, and Yankees.

And don't give me that crap about the Royals won it in 2015'.  Do you know how many 100 loss seasons we have had?  Royals have only had just 4 winning seasons in the last 30 years!!

2014, 2015, 2013, and 2003.. those are the only winning seasons the Royals have had since 1993

You got the chiefs that’s all KC is getting just be thankful for mahomes and Andy Reid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
You got the chiefs that’s all KC is getting just be thankful for mahomes and Andy Reid

Well fun fact, because Infinite ain't just stuck in 96' when it comes to hiphop he also ol' school sports, movies, and everything as well.

Reason football ain't screwed up like baseball is because its a more level playing field with the salary cap and franchise tags and other things that keep it equal for the most part.

And to keep it that way it's better if the owners win the collective bargaining disputes and not the players, so now getting to my fun fact, when there was a baseball strike mid-90's they wanted Jordan to cross the picket line and be a replacement player but he refused and went back to the NBA (cause remember he was playing baseball at the time).

But when you were a kid in the 80's it was like you'd ask your older brother's friends, "who's the best basketball player" - Michael Jordan.  "Who is the best boxer Rocky or Tyson" Tyson and Sugar Ray Leonard.  "Who's the best baseball player" Jose Canseco.

Well to be honest you didn't even have to ask when it came to boxing because Nintendo had Tyson on the cover.  Well guess who was the cover guy for all the football games and the known #1 --  Joe Montana.  He was like God to an 80's kid.  You had Jordan, Mike Tyson, and Joe Montana were the goats and nobody questioned.

Finally to my point--Montana crossed the picket line in the 80's Football strike and saved Football.