Author Topic: Suge pushin the “Snoop killed 2pac” line real close these days-what y’all think?  (Read 677 times)

abusive

Post script- how do you post a dam YouTube video on here?  Everytime I copy:paste the link it doesnt show the video preview- just some code.   :-X

You have to post the link in the https://www.youtube.com/ format rather than the https://youtu.be way.
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

The following users thanked this post: Dwax-187

Tony Trey

As far as the Dre lifetime contract thing goes, it makes sense. From my research, Suge really held Dre down during his post Ruthless days financially and Dre wanted out of his contract bad. Knowing Suge and Dre from everything that has come out, I can see Suge being business savvy enough to present such an agreement to Dre and on the flipside, I can see Dre being vulnerable and to some extent desperate enough to sign it. Someone here who I assumed was from Dre's camp has addressed me here in the past when we were discussing the topic. I just don't believe that there is no merit to this after everything that has transpired. I would love to see any documentation there is about this as far as an actual contract, if Dre has paid Suge anything post DR or if Suge has tried to collect on anything from Dre post DR.

The life time contract is bullshit. This shit was already litigated in 2010 when Dre sued Suge and Wide Awake LLC, who bought Death Row out of the bankruptcy. Suge tried to pull that lifetime contract shot, had no proof of it, and the judge shut it down. He then essentially awarded Dre all the rights to The Chronic and any other music he made while on Death Row. The judge found that the written contract that Dre and Suge signed back in the day entitled Dre to all digital rights including streaming and downloads and 100% of the proceeds of any physical releases. Essentially saying that Dre alone could put his stuff out ok digital platforms, while DR could release physical copies, but they could not be altered and all proceeds were due to Dre. This shit is easily Google'd.

The following users thanked this post: Okka, abusive

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
The life time contract is bullshit. This shit was already litigated in 2010 when Dre sued Suge and Wide Awake LLC, who bought Death Row out of the bankruptcy. Suge tried to pull that lifetime contract shot, had no proof of it, and the judge shut it down. He then essentially awarded Dre all the rights to The Chronic and any other music he made while on Death Row. The judge found that the written contract that Dre and Suge signed back in the day entitled Dre to all digital rights including streaming and downloads and 100% of the proceeds of any physical releases. Essentially saying that Dre alone could put his stuff out ok digital platforms, while DR could release physical copies, but they could not be altered and all proceeds were due to Dre. This shit is easily Google'd.

Damn.. about time Dre finally gets some recognition as “founder and owner of Death Row”.  Because that’s certainly what we all thought he was back in the day.

I’m curious about the Chronic when he left to go to Aftermath I wonder if he gave all the rights to the Chronic to Suge at that time, and if so how could he have then gotten it back from Wide Awake?

Maybe I will have to “google” as you said
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Okka

Suge on that bullshit like he has been forever. This is nothing new.

It's funny because he used to say Snoop used ghostwriters, like he had Crooked I, Kurupt, Techniec, Soopafly, Tray Deee, etc. write a bunch of his stuff when he was on the Row.  But then Suge says Snoop wrote for Warren's album.  So apparently Snoop doesn't have the talent to write his own lyrics, but can write a whole album's worth of lyrics for Warren G.  See how stupid Suge is?  He contradicts himself all the time.  Don't be a sheep and blindly believe everything he says.

Never heard Suge say that, but Snoop has admitted plenty of times he uses writers. Snoop has been a ghostwriter too though, so it is what it is.

i thought snoop and suge were cool ; at least before suge was incarcerated

They were and Snoop even gave Suge shoutouts etc.

The following users thanked this post: b.laden

abusive

Was the said agreement written or verbal? The papers I read only said so much.

• Muthafuckin' Don!

They were and Snoop even gave Suge shoutouts etc.

Well Snoop, Daz, and Kurupt you can tell they all wish they were cool with Suge deep down.  And so they've made attempts to be cool with Suge.

But I guarantee you, that pic of Snoop and Suge cool with each other snapping a photo at a bar or wherever that was a few years before Suge got locked up... we don't know the full story.  How do you know Suge had not approached him Vanilla Ice style at the bar and pulled him to the side to "talk business with him".  Just cause they are smiling in the photo doesn't mean "Suge and Snoop are cool with each other". 

More like.. Snoop wanted to make peace with Suge and Suge wanted to pull him to the side to talk a little business (extort him)

Tony Trey

Was the said agreement written or verbal? The papers I read only said so much.

The supposed lifetime contract? I assume it was verbal, since Suge has no physical evidence. Or it's just Suge bullshiting everyone, like he always does. Also, most jurisdictions are highly skeptical of indefinite or lifetime contracts and if there's way for a party to cancel the contract, most courts will imply a right to cancel exists.

Tony Trey

Damn.. about time Dre finally gets some recognition as “founder and owner of Death Row”.  Because that’s certainly what we all thought he was back in the day.

I’m curious about the Chronic when he left to go to Aftermath I wonder if he gave all the rights to the Chronic to Suge at that time, and if so how could he have then gotten it back from Wide Awake?

Maybe I will have to “google” as you said

Yes, please do. Google "Dr. Dre 2010 Chronic lawsuit." You'll find plenty of results. I've posted the links in this very forum multiple times and no one seems to read them, because people keep talking about whether Dre was truly a co-owner of DR and whether Suge has him under lifetime contract and this lawsuit resolved all of it.

Suge. Has. Nothing.

Period.

Full stop.

Point blank.

The following users thanked this post: abusive

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Yes, please do. Google "Dr. Dre 2010 Chronic lawsuit." You'll find plenty of results. I've posted the links in this very forum multiple times and no one seems to read them, because people keep talking about whether Dre was truly a co-owner of DR and whether Suge has him under lifetime contract and this lawsuit resolved all of it.

Suge. Has. Nothing.

Period.

Full stop.

Point blank.

Answer this though.  Didn't Dre give away his rights to all Death Row material including the Chronic when he went away to start Aftermath?  So how then would he have been able to get them back?

abusive

Suge. Has. Nothing.

Period.

Full stop.

Point blank.
No, you're mistaken. Just because he lost the case or the law is "highly skeptical" doesn't mean that he didn't have the contract. That's where I'm at with this. I'm not talking legal loopholes, I just want to know if there was indeed such a contract. Not the law, the actual truth of the matter.

Since you appear versed in some of this stuff, what's the situation with Dre and Interscope? There is some talk that he can't release music on any other label. I'm not suggesting that Interscope has him to some sort of lifetime deal, I just want to know if that's true and if so why.

abusive

I have to correct myself here. The lifetime contract was supposed to have been done when Dre left DR, not Ruthless.

How was Suge Knight owed money? When Eazy-E and Jerry Heller settled their lawsuit with Suge Knight they signed over the name NWA to Knight. That name was used freely in the movie and Suge should have been paid for it. Also, the likeness of Suge Knight appeared in the movie and even Ice Cube said that Suge should be paid. Also, when Dr. Dre left Death Row Records, Suge Knight signed a lifetime management contract with Dr. Dre. That meant that some of the Beats money had a legitimate claim by Suge Knight. Clearly there was some money he could expect to be paid and that was at least the subject of a negotiation.
http://www.americannewsservice.org/2016/02/suge-knight-was-guaranteed-safety-for.html

Tony Trey

Answer this though.  Didn't Dre give away his rights to all Death Row material including the Chronic when he went away to start Aftermath?  So how then would he have been able to get them back?

The long story short is he didn't give it all away.  He still had a direct contract with Interscope which superceded DR and DR only got the rights to the Chronic in CD, record, cassette, and 8-track, since digital downloads and streaming didn't exist yet.  This link right here discusses a 2014 lawsuit that Dre lost, but in the body of the article, it gives an excellent summary of what happened in the 2010-2011 lawsuit and why Dre won.  If you scroll to the bottom, there's also a complete copy of the judge's decision in the 2014 case that explains the background of the case from 1991 to 2014.

https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/dr-dre-3-million-royalty-claim-the-chronic-suge-knight-death-row-interscope-6084811/

No, you're mistaken. Just because he lost the case or the law is "highly skeptical" doesn't mean that he didn't have the contract. That's where I'm at with this. I'm not talking legal loopholes, I just want to know if there was indeed such a contract. Not the law, the actual truth of the matter.

Since you appear versed in some of this stuff, what's the situation with Dre and Interscope? There is some talk that he can't release music on any other label. I'm not suggesting that Interscope has him to some sort of lifetime deal, I just want to know if that's true and if so why.

The above link also discusses the 1991 oral agreement between Dre and Suge.  It was eventually put in writing in 1992 and when Dre bought himself out of DR in 1996, he also bought himself out of the 1991 agreement.  So there may have been an agreement at one point, but Dre got out of it when he left DR.

Tony Trey

I have to correct myself here. The lifetime contract was supposed to have been done when Dre left DR, not Ruthless.
http://www.americannewsservice.org/2016/02/suge-knight-was-guaranteed-safety-for.html

Nowhere in Suge Knight's personal bankruptcy or in Death Row's business bankruptcy was any such contract ever listed. If it was a legitimate contract, the bankruptcy trustee would have sued Dre on behalf of Suge and DR to enforce it to get money to pay off Suge's and DR's lenders.

thegooddoc

It is amazing that people still believe anything that Suge says. 

Tony Trey

It is amazing that people still believe anything that Suge says.

For real. Some people will believe anything, no matter how much evidence you throw at them. I'm posting links to actual court decisions based on years of evidence and testimony that was collected by and from Dre, Suge, Death Row, Wide Awake, and their very highly paid attorneys. And people are still like, "there must be more to it!" based on unsourced blogs, written by God know who. It's no wonder so many people buy into conspiracy theories today.

The following users thanked this post: dnjp4life