Author Topic: WHY RBX GAVE DR. DRE “LET ME RIDE” FOR FREE  (Read 448 times)

Sccit

WHY RBX GAVE DR. DRE “LET ME RIDE” FOR FREE
« on: April 15, 2024, 10:10:27 PM »

Dwax-187

Re: WHY RBX GAVE DR. DRE “LET ME RIDE” FOR FREE
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2024, 10:54:15 PM »
Good video, thx for the post Sccit.

Dam I really hope RBX gets paid for streaming services like Apple and Spotify?

RBX was on some of the best songs on The Chronic…

High Powered, The Roach, The Day the Niggaz Took Over, Stranded on Deathrow, etc.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2024, 12:24:48 AM »
I saw this.. but he didn't answer their question.  They asked if there was ever a version of "Let Me Ride" recorded by RBX.  He didn't answer.  So I think that means no.  But on the other hand, it would have made sense for X to spit it first as reference vocals because notice Dre does kind of spit like RBX style or maybe it just sounds that way because those are X lyrics.

I always said that Dre's two best solo performances were "Let Me Ride" and "Keep Your Heads Wringin".  Those tracks are spectacular, unbelievable.

It's so funny all the stupid things that you think when you were a kid.  I remember I thought that Snoop and Dre were a rap group like Naughty by Nature.  I thought that was like the name of their rap group or something was Snoop and Dre and that the Chronic was a duo album. 

So when Summer of 93 Dre followed up "Dre Day" with "Let Me Ride" that was fuccin epic.   Snoop still made his presence felt with the "rollin in my 6-4" which was dope.

The other memory I have from that single being released was that my older brother never was a rap fan.  He didn't hate rap but he didn't love it either.  And he wasn't a big music fan either.  But it's funny when your older brother used to know shit just because he's 2 years older.  It's like the guy is some genius or some shit just for no other reason than he's 2 years older.  2 years older was a big deal when you were a kid.  So Cube comes out the bathroom and says, "Damn right it was a good day", and my brother says like as if he's some mutherfuckin hip-hop historian, "Oh that's CUBE!  He's cool with Cube again, they used to be together with Eazy E in NWA."

My biggest regret in my first years as a hip-hop head is I still don't understand why I was so dumb and went looking for other Dre albums and bought Concrete Roots and didn't look for NWA??  I could have picked up two classics--easy!  And instead I ended up coppin Concrete Roots  ???

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

h2k4

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2024, 05:51:38 PM »
It's a cool story and shows how people were willing to help each other out and recognize that Dre was working on something bigger than each individual artist at the time. The song would not have had the impact it has had on hip hop if RBX would have kept it for himself.

heyyou

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2024, 03:22:19 PM »
I saw this.. but he didn't answer their question.  They asked if there was ever a version of "Let Me Ride" recorded by RBX.  He didn't answer.  So I think that means no.  But on the other hand, it would have made sense for X to spit it first as reference vocals because notice Dre does kind of spit like RBX style or maybe it just sounds that way because those are X lyrics.

RBX did say there isn't a version of him rapping in the interview.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2024, 08:18:00 AM »
RBX did say there isn't a version of him rapping in the interview.

not out there? or not recorded?

heyyou

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2024, 11:51:53 AM »
He didn't record the track with his vocals

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2024, 12:22:52 PM »
he did a reference track but not the actual song

The following users thanked this post: Okka

Mat

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2024, 09:30:05 PM »

I always said that Dre's two best solo performances were "Let Me Ride" and "Keep Your Heads Wringin".  Those tracks are spectacular, unbelievable.

It's so funny all the stupid things that you think when you were a kid.  I remember I thought that Snoop and Dre were a rap group like Naughty by Nature.  I thought that was like the name of their rap group or something was Snoop and Dre and that the Chronic was a duo album. 

So when Summer of 93 Dre followed up "Dre Day" with "Let Me Ride" that was fuccin epic.   Snoop still made his presence felt with the "rollin in my 6-4" which was dope.

The other memory I have from that single being released was that my older brother never was a rap fan.  He didn't hate rap but he didn't love it either.  And he wasn't a big music fan either.  But it's funny when your older brother used to know shit just because he's 2 years older.  It's like the guy is some genius or some shit just for no other reason than he's 2 years older.  2 years older was a big deal when you were a kid.  So Cube comes out the bathroom and says, "Damn right it was a good day", and my brother says like as if he's some mutherfuckin hip-hop historian, "Oh that's CUBE!  He's cool with Cube again, they used to be together with Eazy E in NWA."

My biggest regret in my first years as a hip-hop head is I still don't understand why I was so dumb and went looking for other Dre albums and bought Concrete Roots and didn't look for NWA??  I could have picked up two classics--easy!  And instead I ended up coppin Concrete Roots  ???
Hey Nothing wrong with the Concrete Roots Album brother i didnt mind it at all

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2024, 04:53:27 AM »
Hey Nothing wrong with the Concrete Roots Album brother i didnt mind it at all

yeah.. actually in retrospect it maybe had some interesting World Class Wreckin Crew material on it... and D.O.C. "Bridgette" was a favorite of mine, and had "Deep Cover" on it...

..but still, it just doesn't make sense when you got two multiplatinum, classic NWA albums on the shelves and instead you pick up Concrete Roots  ??? and you are kid and no car so your stuck with that fuccin cd for the next few months

teecee

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2024, 07:42:05 AM »
I bought Concrete Roots too…not the best but made me appreciate the evolution of this shit.

The following users thanked this post: Dwax-187

Okka

« Reply #11 on: Today at 01:57:54 AM »
he did a reference track but not the actual song

Did you ask him?