Author Topic: New Eminem Documentary—When Music Became Free coming July 9  (Read 107 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Mark my words this is going to be very good…

I’m too lazy at the moment so somebody else post the trailer in this thread or I will post it later.  But its subject Dre and Em have always been passionate about—and for good reason.  Remember Dre and Metallica were actually the first to sue Napster back in the day.

Eminem was trying to make it as a rapper in the era of the cd—when record sales and billboard charts were everything.  He had to master that old system we grew up with in the mid-90’s golden era.  Y’all remember that old system?  It was like this…

Step #1.  Get some feature on someone’s album sort of like Canibus did on The Firm album, get your way into like Unsigned Hype or About to Blow in one of the hiphop mags.

Step #2.  Release a street single to get some underground buzz for your upcoming album.

Step #3.  Lead single something catchy for radio

Step #4.  Start a small promo tour

Step #5.  Street team put out little snippets and street promos and tag city with stickers and shit like that

Step #6.  Ads in source, bet, MTV promoting a big release date

Step #7.  It’s all about first week, got to sell enough to make some headlines first week like if you can go over 100,000 first week then you get more plays and top billboards and more attention for album

Step #8.  Maintain some stability and longevity on charts with touring and release of 2nd and 3rd single.  If all goes well your album buzz could last for 6 months

^^This system Eminem had trained for an perfected all got destroyed at same time he had made it to the top of the industry.  So who better than Eminem to talk about it all and you can see in the trailer he’s giving serious attention to the subject and it will be great nostalgia and trip down memory lane as well.

Mark my words this will be one of the best hiphop and music documentaries to come out in the last 10 years.  And it will be something for the hard core fans. 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Duck Duck Doggy

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
Re: New Eminem Documentary—When Music Became Free coming July 9
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2024, 04:13:04 PM »
Who is the doc by? Ems people?

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: New Eminem Documentary—When Music Became Free coming July 9
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2024, 02:05:12 AM »
Who is the doc by? Ems people?

Doc comes out like July 9th, btw

And Yes homie—Em is fuccing Executive Producing it—that’s how passionate he is about the subject. 

Em sold 1.7 million in one week when I was graduating highschool in 00’.  I remember that week—I found the album before anybody from the DreDay website link and had a friend burn it for me and that friend made hundreds of burning it for nearly everyone in the damn school !! I still bought the album like 3 copies of it but you know those casual fans didn’t buy.

Point is—imagine what sales would’ve been without the internet??  5 million first week??  Michael Jackson numbers for sure.

Fun fact:  In Rolling Stone cover from Slim Shady LP days—Dre predicted Em would be bigger than Michael Jackson if he stayed true to himself
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)