Author Topic: why Dj Quik is a better producer than Dre  (Read 1091 times)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:why Dj Quik is a better producer than Dre
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2003, 12:39:01 PM »
hell dre didnt even produce all tha song on those albums...daz had a hand in both those albums...

That's funny, my credits say produced by Dr. Dre, but I guess that was a typo.

no one can do it betta and straight out of compton.. dj yella

Shit, another typo on No One Can Do It Better and Straight Outta Compton.

::)

dexter

« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2003, 04:44:07 PM »
Dre is better. Learn what a producer is and does before you comment.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2003, 10:54:39 AM »
hell dre didnt even produce all tha song on those albums...daz had a hand in both those albums...

I cannot really say if it's true or not, but what I have heard almost every producer I know say, is that on many of Dre's old beats, Daz would make em, and Dre would make a few small changes but then put his name on it. Now I donno how true it is but I hear so many people say it, it makes me wonder. Besides, the fact Dre's name is on somethin will make it sell more than sayin Daz, especially if it's somethin Snoop did.

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2003, 11:15:13 AM »

I cannot really say if it's true or not, but what I have heard almost every producer I know say, is that on many of Dre's old beats, Daz would make em, and Dre would make a few small changes but then put his name on it. Now I donno how true it is but I hear so many people say it, it makes me wonder. Besides, the fact Dre's name is on somethin will make it sell more than sayin Daz, especially if it's somethin Snoop did.

see what's so funny about all this is..

Str8 Outta CPT.. Yella

Niggaz4Life.. Yella

No One Can Do It Better.. Yella

The Chronic.. Daz

Doggystyle.. Daz

2001.. various

so how come all these are straight up classics but Dre never really producedd them? Daz did never beats like the ones on The Chronic and there was a new style all over 2001.. it's always those other cats who make Dre's beats but whenever Dre claims they are his they classics all of a sudden when those producers usually don't produce these kinda classics.. through Dre's whole career there're other producers doin his shit and givin him the best beats of their whole career (but they always stay quiet until there's some sort of disagreement or beef).. and many of the best producers ever still consider Dre the greatest ever and shit, just like Quik himself.. isn't Dre one lucky muthafucka?

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2003, 01:35:23 PM »
I think most of these people claiming credit don't even know what a producer is.  They do something like lay the drums and play the keys and somehow that means they produced the song.  

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2003, 02:01:33 PM »
^^Yep

No One Can Do It Better produced by Dre by his damn self.
And it's pretty much known that Yella was mainly just a drum programmer and did the technical stuff as Dre didn't really know how to do that in the beginning. And Warren G worked on Doggystyle as well as Daz, but all of the songs they worked on for it were co-produced by Dre.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...