Author Topic: Keih Murray dropped from Def Jam for assaulting promoter !!  (Read 695 times)

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Re:Keih Murray dropped from Def Jam for assaulting promoter !!
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2003, 08:46:35 AM »
humm im sure he will receive a call from P Diddy soon I can see Keith Murray On Bad Boy

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2003, 08:55:43 AM »
Questions:

Keith Murray is a member of Def Squad and they are signed to Def Jam as far as I know unless they had a one album deal and El Nino was it.  Now I guess he's still on Def Jam unless Def Squad gets dropped.  Is that correct?

Does him assaulting the promoter make it a breach of contract on his part and that's why they can drop him without compensation?  

Now if the album drops on Def Jam does Keith Murray still receive royalties if they don't have a contract with him?

Skindiana bon3z

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2003, 08:57:19 AM »
Questions:

Keith Murray is a member of Def Squad and they are signed to Def Jam as far as I know unless they had a one album deal and El Nino was it.  Now I guess he's still on Def Jam unless Def Squad gets dropped.  Is that correct?

Does him assaulting the promoter make it a breach of contract on his part and that's why they can drop him without compensation?  

Now if the album drops on Def Jam does Keith Murray still receive royalties if they don't have a contract with him?

Yeah I think your right, That makes sense

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2003, 09:12:01 AM »
aint Def Squad on J Records now??

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2003, 10:01:56 AM »
I just checked.  Def Squad is not listed as an artist on the Def Jam or J Records website.  Def Squad (the label, Erick Sermon's) is under J Records but I'm not sure what label will release the next Def Squad (group) album if it ever gets complete.

My understanding is that they would get together to make another album after Redman, Keith Murray and EPMD's albums were finished.  

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2003, 10:06:41 AM »
keith is gully. 8)

i wasn't feeling the album anyway.

I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2003, 10:37:28 AM »
I don't think who Def Squad are signed to really has an effect on Keith's position, but I can't see the group releasing their next project on Def Jam, probably will be on J Records.